-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435433 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 04, 2019, 06:54:51 AM »

It is truly sad and maddening with the latest mass shootings in California, Texas and Ohio. What's even more maddening is that nothing will be done about it.

I hope RangeRover is having a good trip to San Francisco and elsewhere. I was relieved when she had posted that a friend would be traveling with her. Looking forward to reading her comments upon her return.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 04, 2019, 07:14:10 AM »

Thoughts going out to El Paso, thoughts going out to Dayton. Where in the name of heck are we heading?

This is what happens when you disenfranchise people and create a system of massive wealth inequality and then mask the reasons why this is happening by offering up standard boogiemen: Muslims, Mexicans, women, liberals, PC snowflakes, deadbeats, welfare cheats, etc.

When you give exploited people with an already distorted view of the world another massive distortion, then inevitably bad things will happen.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 04, 2019, 10:18:01 AM »

I hope RangeRover is having a good trip to San Francisco and elsewhere. I was relieved when she had posted that a friend would be traveling with her. Looking forward to reading her comments upon her return.

Yes, I hope she has fun too. It's a pity we don't get on better but that's life, I guess.

Good to see you around anyway, Lizzie.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 04, 2019, 10:27:55 AM »

This is what happens when you disenfranchise people and create a system of massive wealth inequality and then mask the reasons why this is happening by offering up standard boogiemen: Muslims, Mexicans, women, liberals, PC snowflakes, deadbeats, welfare cheats, etc.

When you give exploited people with an already distorted view of the world another massive distortion, then inevitably bad things will happen.

Politics is not my strong point (I had to read this a few times) but I understand exactly what you're saying, Choc.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 10, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »

Being lazy today. Back tomorrow to the Real World.

John K, hope you weren't affected by the bad weather over there. I saw footage of a tornado in Luxembourg along with hearing that there were also tornadoes in the Netherlands including Amsterdam.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 28, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »

Being SanFrancisco-sick. Wish I stayed in it. Bought there entire DVD collection with fave Perry Mason. I've DVD player with screen built in - aunt's gift decade back to 18's birthday.
This travel didn't disappoint. Except few weeks is too little time to look around San Francisco, the various sightseeings, I may've seen just 5-9 % of it. But, the lady we, I & Daiana, lived with got great house with cool interior design. She'd been great host, polite & generous. We liked her simultaneously. & she got pool which Daiana basked in to get joy & fun. She's good diver, you see. Despite being dwarf. Btw, lady is marvellous cook, especially liked pancakes & pecan pie which knew/read about & even tasted pecans b4, they sell it here, in this city, but didn't taste real American pecan pie. She did it with caramel. Ditto about real chocolate chip cookie. I got to bite it too. It's got good crisp.
Put chocolates bought in SF in special attache case, it's keyed, then you retrieve chosen candy to eat. It's sweet food savings. Made good bargain deal buying 2 interesting chairs to the flat - to cat & I. & few useful house items. f.ex. lamp in sun shape which been dream since about 10, copy-book to paint in it, pic frame.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 06:44:09 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 29, 2019, 04:55:51 AM »

Being SanFrancisco-sick. Wish I stayed in it. Bought there entire DVD collection with fave Perry Mason. I've DVD player with screen built in - aunt's gift decade back to 18's birthday.
This travel didn't disappoint. Except few weeks is too little time to look around San Francisco, the various sightseeings, I may've seen just 5-9 % of it. But, the lady we, I & Daiana, lived with got great house with cool interior design. She'd been great host, polite & generous. We liked her simultaneously. & she got pool which Daiana basked in to get joy & fun. She's good diver, you see. Despite being dwarf. Btw, lady is marvellous cook, especially liked pancakes & pecan pie which knew/read about & even tasted pecans b4, they sell it here, in this city, but didn't taste real American pecan pie. She did it with caramel. Ditto about real chocolate chip cookie. I got to bite it too. It's got good crisp.
Put chocolates bought in SF in special attache case, it's keyed, then you retrieve chosen candy to eat. It's sweet food savings. Made good bargain deal buying 2 interesting chairs to the flat - to cat & I. & few useful house items. f.ex. lamp in sun shape which been dream since about 10, copy-book to paint in it, pic frame.

Glad you enjoyed the trip, RR. I can imagine it was too short to see everything in San Fran.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 29, 2019, 06:42:47 AM »

I'm also glad that you enjoyed your trip to San Francisco.
The U.S. isn't known generally for great chocolate, but San Francisco is an exception.
And you got a chair for your kitty. Sweet!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 29, 2019, 08:55:33 PM »

Thanks, people. Saved money to it since 2012. Would be cool next to visit L.A. Wishful thinking.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 09, 2019, 07:53:57 AM »

I suscribed today to 33 new cat FB pages. 3D I'm glad. Anybody else glad? Tell. police It starts to freeze in streets. Anybody got freezing streets? Sth. else - did puzzles in evening, surrealistic painting by inidentified painter. Bought in San Francisco. I's initially going to give it as gift to friend/ fam member. But then I say "Why do it?", thus it stayed. Tongue I'm greedy when it comes to gifts, yep. Ain't I cool. Anybody likes puzzles?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 09, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »

Cat and dog pages are just about all FB is good for, outside of seeing photos of far flung family and nice posts from Brian and Al's pages.

Freezing? Not here. We are under a Heat Advisory, temperature feels like 42 C.
Our "low" temperature tonight will be 27C. I've never known it to be this hot so late in the summer.

I do puzzles of all types to keep my mind going. If you mean jigsaw puzzles I love them but don't have a good place to do them. And Tanner the cat loves playing with the pieces.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:00:30 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 10, 2019, 02:01:34 PM »

Anybody likes puzzles?

I have reader's block (again) so for relaxation I do sudoko puzzles. As Lizzie says, it keeps the mind going.

I love jigsaw puzzles too--I usually do them on holiday with my son and grandson. Then there's often a spare table that's not needed for anything else (this is a problem at home!).

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 10, 2019, 06:51:40 PM »

See newest reply.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 04:56:54 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 16, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »

Earlier today I was admiring two sleek brown slugs crossing the path through our back garden. An hour later, when I went out to empty the trash I inadvertently trod on both of them.Thud

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 19, 2019, 09:07:17 AM »

This afternoon I took the plunge and painted the bathroom ceiling white (again). It needs a fresh coat every now and then, as the trails of condensation are difficult to clean off. The alternative being to cover 'em up. Wink

Of course after a hour or so staring at a white surface you start seeing things. Is that a shadow or a stain? Or my imagination? That usually means it's time to stop! Grin

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 19, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »

Hello, folks. *in military voice* Rise & shine! police
Happy Friday to Smiley people. Nice dried food to everybody! 3D = best food.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 21, 2019, 03:22:15 AM »

This afternoon I took the plunge and painted the bathroom ceiling white (again)

Here's a picture I took of it. Happy Saturday to you, RR. Smiley

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: September 21, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »

Went to (and sang at) Daniel Johnston’s memorial
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 07:10:55 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 20, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »

Today went to streets with cat - it looked like spring, icicles dripping pit-pat, recent icy gliding paths melted creating slush. Sunny without clouds. Despite 'tober finishing, it's 3C. Bizarre, ain't it? Thus, cat didn't use blanket in his walk basket. It's used when it's bitey cold, then gets clad in hooded jumper. But today it ain't the case to clad him.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 20, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »

Today went to streets with cat - it looked like spring, icicles dripping pit-pat, recent icy gliding paths melted creating slush. Sunny without clouds. Despite 'tober finishing, it's 3C. Bizarre, ain't it? Thus, cat didn't use blanket in his walk basket. It's used when it's bitey cold, then gets clad in hooded jumper. But today it ain't the case to clad him.
& today's like spring.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: October 20, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »

& today's like spring.
& next day. (Information: accu' site)

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 25, 2019, 07:41:37 AM »

& today's like spring.
Heh. Heh. Looks like entire 'tober'll be super warm. Car paths & pavements got zero snow cover. It melted, like I said, as you see (or not see heh heh), then it's been dry like it's May-June-early September. It's record. Cool, ain't it? Heh.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 16, 2019, 04:48:52 PM »

& today's like spring.
Heh. Heh. Looks like entire 'tober'll be super warm. Car paths & pavements got zero snow cover. It melted, like I said, as you see (or not see heh heh), then it's been dry like it's May-June-early September. It's record. Cool, ain't it? Heh.
As I predicted 3D, entire 'tober been really spring. Great time in year. 'vember's initial week been 'K, right now it's doing big steps, 8-10 degrees down in merely few days.

What did I do today? It's Sunday funday. Relax day, with cats (nobody cares duh but in fact I adopted cat brother to existing cat about week back, they deal together well, BFF's real fast. They see BBC docu right now, about dolphins,sloths, beavers). Soon'll be in pet shop.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 04:50:12 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 17, 2019, 03:27:24 AM »

Yesterday evening I took part in the preliminary round of an annual national jigsaw puzzle contest with my daughter-in-law, her son and his friend. Although the video (from last year) is in Dutch, it gives a good idea of the procedure. The woman speaking just after the one-minute mark was at the adjoining table yesterday. Her team was one of the three (all-female) teams to reach the finals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mv5saPVtEA

After a brief explanation of the rules (all one-and-a-half of them), everyone is asked to stand up and sing the Dutch national anthem. Tongue Then there's a mass count-down from ten after which you rip off the paper and the plastic. Next, you study the illustration to see how to sort the 1000 puzzle pieces--yesterday it was a very busy cartoon picture of a crazy party. The fastest time was about 1 hour and 10 minutes! Shocked Our team never finished, along with many others--we called it a day when the prize-giving ceremony started--but it was great fun. Wink

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 08, 2019, 01:52:30 AM »

Yesterday my wife and I sang CSN's "Helplessly Hoping" in a karaoke room at a jeu de boele centre in our home town. We made a competent job of it but it's really hard singing three-part harmony when there are only two of you. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyquqw6GeXk

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: