-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435534 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: May 24, 2019, 03:16:22 PM »

Maybe it's misunderstanding but you seem very patronizing towards everything I say.

It's misunderstanding. As in 200%. Believe me.

But don't worry, RR, I shan't be speaking to you again. So you can relax. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 24, 2019, 03:30:05 PM »

Jolly good. I shan't hear again "Take it to PMs" thing & can say freely now anything I wish to say. Smiley

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 28, 2019, 05:49:19 PM »

Hi all,

Walked with cat. It's sunny here & cool (10 C) = cool mix.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 28, 2019, 07:31:25 PM »

Btw, seen nice pair with cat. They seemed to be fellow cat people, guy & his lovely wifey in stylish gothic boots. I said "Hey, cool peeps! Thanks to walk around with cat, it brightens mood to see people with cats!". They beamed with funny goofy happy faces when hearing it. Cool tidbit, ain't it? 3D

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 31, 2019, 10:50:11 AM »

Today I carried on cleaning the bookshelves in our hall and putting the books in a more logical order. The music I had playing yesterday and today while I did it was this fabulous two-hours-plus mix by Seven Lions aka Jeff Montalvo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsEGDY5WEWg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Lions

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 01, 2019, 03:19:50 AM »

Today I carried on cleaning the bookshelves in our hall and putting the books in a more logical order.

Ditto today. It's beginning to look good--and incredibly well organized!  Roll Eyes

Today's music was the OST of the incredibly moving film Her (2013), which we watched last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC6x9Ehu7C8

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 01, 2019, 03:59:32 AM »

It's kids' holiday here (aka International day of defending kids). Many kid events/ games/ quizzes/ balloons in city squares going around. Me & cat passed by it whilst walking, seen friend Sonya walking with her lil sis Eva (say it as Yevah). Pretty girl, like Sonya but in different way. We chatted lil bit but we really wished to get back to flat, cat tired walking. In house fed him with good cat food, then he went to sleeping basket. Seen few youtube clips with Mr. Bean: funny.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 03, 2019, 06:35:51 AM »

Still in shelf-cleaning mode, I finished doing the shelves in the hall and in the process rediscovered a fragile 140-page gem, A Survey of Russian Music by Michael (Michel-Dimitri) Calvocoressi, an immensely talented polyglot who died in England in 1944. In fact my copy (same as in the illustration) was published in the year of his death.

Quoting from the introductory blurb, Calvocoressi "was one of the few people who enjoyed the distinction of being honoured by both the old and the new Russian régime, having been made a Knight of the Imperial Order of St. Anne in 1908 and a corresponding member of the Soviet Academy of Art Sciences in 1929."       

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel-Dimitri_Calvocoressi

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 06, 2019, 05:41:42 AM »

Been saving Internet pics to mobile. Site "pinterest" such fun to look thru - pics people find, where d'they get them (in hi-res super quality to boot)? Everytime I decide "this is last pic to d/l", sth. COOLER catches glimpse. Fave pic subjects: food (esp. dessert), vintage furniture, kitchen utensils/ china/ tableware, cats (b&w & color, real cats/ figurines), sun images (psychedelic, real photos, paintings, sun-shaped lamps,  watch, mirror et al), wallpaper patterns, fashion (esp. retro), b&w pics w/ people lived in the past, pathways leading straight, interesting buildings, houses, cool U.S. cities' sightseeings, billboards, cool positive caption pics.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 07, 2019, 09:11:55 PM »

One of my sisters absolutely loves Pinterest.

The five of us (sisters) spent some fun time texting to each other. The subject? One of my sisters was trying to compile a 60s playlist. We all made suggestions, said what to include or avoid (we all can't stand Gary Puckett and the Union Gap).

Then listened to some Gris-Gris (Dr John) again. A big favorite of mine is the song Croker Courtbullion (we pronounce it "coo bee yawn"). Courtbullion is a broth made for fish. My Mom used to make a wonderful redfish courtbullion. Anyway the song is wild. At parts it sounds like part of a soundtrack to a British movie or TV show.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 08, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »

Fish soup delish, yep.

Share playlist.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 08, 2019, 05:49:54 PM »

My sister was the one making up a list of songs for her to listen to. We all made suggestions - I know back then she was a fan of Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Association, and Blood, Sweat and Tears. If course the Beatles were mentioned and I put in a good word for the 1965-66 Beach Boys. Also Motown .
I can ask her if she has made up the list and if she could forward to me, then I could post it here,.
But I can guarantee that "In the Year 2525" will not be on it. Nor anything by Gary Puckett.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 09, 2019, 03:59:27 AM »

But I can guarantee that "In the Year 2525" will not be on it. Nor anything by Gary Puckett.

Poor Gary Puckett! I remember The Bonzo Dog Band doing a brief if hilarious live version of "Young Girl" on BBC radio:

"Young Girl...." Bang! [the cupboard door slams shut] Bonk bonk bonk bonk... [muffled voice] "Let me out... Let me out...!" LOL

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 09, 2019, 04:04:46 AM »

I can ask her if she has made up the list and if she could forward to me, then I could post it here,.
Yes, you can. Thanks. police

Recently seen good U.K. film in which main character's mother says they will drink tea with "cherry log". Went to google log in freedictionary & it didn't list cooking definition. Then went to google images to type "log cooking" & it, haha, displayed log-shaped cakes. The answer been plain to see. It's why it's dubbed "log". Initially figured it's special Irish dish (events take place in Dublin), "log" being dialect.

NBBF, did you cook this log cake? Knew it?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 09, 2019, 06:09:50 AM »

I know those cakes as "Yule Logs" as they are made during the Christmas season.
It's a western European custom. I've never seen one in person much less tasted it.
I see them mainly in catalogs that we get later in the year, which contain these logs as well as cookies and chocolate from Europe.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: June 27, 2019, 04:18:52 AM »

I like hearing neighbors' cat meowing everytime they open door to get to flat. Especially cat meows when the wife gets thru it. I try to see in fisheye what the cat looks like but people by that time lock the flat. It's like they hide the cat like Rapunzel, nobody must see. Tongue

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 28, 2019, 02:43:38 PM »

Went to city's pet charity event. It's sunny in the streets. Went to fave shop with Sonya (Daiana stayed in house) to buy nice foods, f.ex. chocolate candies, nice tea, greeting cards.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 02, 2019, 04:19:25 PM »

You know, folks, I really hate summer, extremely bad season, really-really hate it, like big time. & it's not even stuffy here, it's just I hate the season itself. Hate-hate-hate-hate-hate it.
Can't wait to see California/ San Francisco, time suddenly got waaaaay slow.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Can't wait to see the best state ever! 3D Not to mention the best city! 3D I made California playlist & listen to it meanwhile. I'm jolly good at it - at creating playlists. Why do I say I'm jolly good at it, what makes I say it? I like songs I hear in playlists, that's how. Cheesy Duh.
Thanks fer reading.  Tongue

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 02, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »

The older I get, the more that the summer heat kicks my butt.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1144 on: July 02, 2019, 09:34:13 PM »

I’m the same way. Houston really has 4 seasons...Summer , Summer 2,  Summer 3D, and Summer 4:The Revenge , and I hate them all

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 02, 2019, 11:59:38 PM »

LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 04, 2019, 03:11:17 AM »

I'm glad that people agree about hating summer, due to diffetent reasons. Well done, keep hating. Cheesy

I'd like now to congratulate United States' people with Independence holiday. Fun celebrations, beautiful country with very interesting history. Enjoy fun events today, good folk coast to coast.

Pirate Pirate Drum group hug Head Spin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 09, 2019, 06:07:02 AM »

Hey Captain - don't mean to make you the link to all things Pet Sounds Forum but if you ever get a chance, please tell Super Metroid that I think her debate posts are fantastic.

Choc, I know this is going back a bit but did you ever get to visit her mainly political YouTube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/user/theSuperMetroid02/

Oh, and see the third link in my signature.  Wink

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 09, 2019, 09:11:22 AM »

Hey Captain - don't mean to make you the link to all things Pet Sounds Forum but if you ever get a chance, please tell Super Metroid that I think her debate posts are fantastic.

Choc, I know this is going back a bit but did you ever get to visit her mainly political YouTube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/user/theSuperMetroid02/

Oh, and see the third link in my signature.  Wink

No I didn't know about either of those. Thanks very much for the tip!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 04, 2019, 03:22:52 AM »

Thoughts going out to El Paso, thoughts going out to Dayton. Where in the name of heck are we heading?

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: