-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:49:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435389 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 13, 2019, 07:59:19 AM »

RR that's funny. Don't scare the kitty!

John, please take it easy this weekend.

Thanks, Lizzie. I'll do just that. :=)

@RR: Love your "slice of life" posts. I don't often comment on them but they always make a great read. ;-)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 15, 2019, 03:48:21 AM »

Today I celebrated my day of birth rather a long time ago. My presents included a bottle of whiskey, a corkscrew, an oyster knife and a CD/DVD player/burner for the computer.

Ha! My daughter's partner helped technologically challenged me to set up the CD burner yesterday and the first thing I burned to disk was my favourite SMiLE mix (I've had it in my iTunes library for over a year). It sounds awesome blasting from the speaker boxes.  Roll Eyes

https://vimeo.com/135727894

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 15, 2019, 12:50:12 PM »

I've been glued to the tv all day, watching with great sadness as one of the most beautiful buildings on earth, Notre Dame Chathedral, has burned beyond repair.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 15, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »

I've been glued to the tv all day, watching with great sadness as one of the most beautiful buildings on earth, Notre Dame Cathedral, has burned beyond repair.

Yes, that's truly heart-breaking. Ye gods.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 18, 2019, 03:13:49 AM »

Bought single mini "Choco Pie" again since 2012/3 - good taste.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 18, 2019, 03:21:55 AM »

Bought single mini "Choco Pie" again since 2012/3 - good taste.

I remember now--you're a chocolate person. Smiley White chocolate's my favourite kind.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 18, 2019, 03:36:51 AM »

I remember now--you're a chocolate person. Smiley
Who's not? 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 18, 2019, 04:00:06 AM »

I remember now--you're a chocolate person. Smiley
Who's not? 3D

People with a chocolate allergy perhaps?! Grin

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 18, 2019, 05:51:58 AM »

The weekday morning caregiver who is with my Mom doesn't like chocolate.
She goes wild over peppermint candy, however!

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 25, 2019, 03:03:32 PM »

I just attended a performance of John Luther Adams' Become Desert--astounding! Shocked

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicalMovements/videos/john-luther-adams-become-desert-seattle-symphony-chorale-ludovic-morlot-conducto/10159375257133504/

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WqydUx7MWWYJ:https://www.sfchronicle.com/music/article/John-Luther-Adams-Become-Desert-is-a-12818860.php+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nl

SBonilla
« Reply #1085 on: April 26, 2019, 05:59:07 AM »

As I was walking to the clinic, along Atlantic Ave, I passed Roger Stone's best bud. As I passed I heard him say, "....Rudy Giuliani..." Just before bedtime, I wrote a little piece on guitar.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 26, 2019, 10:44:31 AM »

As I was walking to the clinic, along Atlantic Ave, I passed Roger Stone's best bud. As I passed I heard him say, "....Rudy Giuliani..." Just before bedtime, I wrote a little piece on guitar.

Steve, do you have anything online you fancy letting us hear?   

SBonilla
« Reply #1087 on: April 26, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »

A few little things will be forthcoming.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 26, 2019, 02:53:11 PM »

A few little things will be forthcoming.

I look forward to hearing them. Wink

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 28, 2019, 08:58:05 PM »

Spent the afternoon looking at "old stuff." A couple of things brought that on. One was a text from one of my sisters who was attending a play at the Baltimore Hippodrome ( Brian has played there I believe ). I and my sisters texted about how much we love those old vaudeville houses that have been restored (we have 2 in my city).
Today would have been my Dad's 96th birthday. I have a picture of him as a four year old sitting on a pile of lumber. He's wearing clothes of the period, overalls, boots, a floppy hat. Precious. Anyway, the photo has history behind it. Dad said one of his earliest memories was a major flood in our city in 1927. He remembers lumber floating down the street and his Dad retrieving them. So we believe that the photo we have was taken a while later, with my Dad sitting on that lumber.
I love looking at old photos.

Oh , I also was looking at photos of the bluebells in bloom in the UK now. Beautiful!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:01:03 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 29, 2019, 04:23:41 AM »

Spent the afternoon looking at "old stuff." A couple of things brought that on. One was a text from one of my sisters who was attending a play at the Baltimore Hippodrome ( Brian has played there I believe ). I and my sisters texted about how much we love those old vaudeville houses that have been restored (we have 2 in my city).
Today would have been my Dad's 96th birthday. I have a picture of him as a four year old sitting on a pile of lumber. He's wearing clothes of the period, overalls, boots, a floppy hat. Precious. Anyway, the photo has history behind it. Dad said one of his earliest memories was a major flood in our city in 1927. He remembers lumber floating down the street and his Dad retrieving them. So we believe that the photo we have was taken a while later, with my Dad sitting on that lumber.
I love looking at old photos.

Oh , I also was looking at photos of the bluebells in bloom in the UK now. Beautiful!

Sounds like some great memories there, E. :=)

The bluebells in our Dutch garden are looking pretty good as well! (I'll see if I can upload a picture).

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:16:55 AM by JK » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 06, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »

I love looking at old photos
Yep, great fun. What did you mean by texting sisters? Is it whatsapp chat? By sms?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 07, 2019, 04:35:35 AM »

We just texted each other using the feature on our cellphones. No apps.
It's about the only way we're "together" nowadays. Don't know the last time all five of us sisters were at the same physical location.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 08, 2019, 05:33:25 PM »

Today is Victory Day (9th May a.m. here). The day when victory took place in WWII against fascists. There'll be parade today in each city square & traditionally annually they'll feed people for free in the streets with "soldier cereal" - buckwheat with stewed meat (canned meat). I got sms about it to inform in which places this year they'll arrange this "field kitchen" (literal translation). Missed it last year but today I'm going to eat it. Besides, buckwheat is favorite cereal, the single food I can eat twice. Aunt & her fam will go to parade holding big picture in the stick - like many people - showing her war veteran grandfather/ my great-grandfather (born in 1905, d. in the 90s). I may join them or individually or with friends Sonya & Daiana but they got their fams to walk with. There'll be of course living veterans too, sitting lined in chairs, listening to concert & many events organized for them.

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 08, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »

Today is Victory Day (9th May a.m. here). The day when victory took place in WWII against fascists. There'll be parade today in each city square & traditionally annually they'll feed people for free in the streets with "soldier cereal" - buckwheat with stewed meat (canned meat). I got sms about it to inform in which places this year they'll arrange this "field kitchen" (literal translation). Missed it last year but today I'm going to eat it. Besides, buckwheat is favorite cereal, the single food I can eat twice. Aunt & her fam will go to parade holding big picture in the stick - like many people - showing her war veteran grandfather/ my great-grandfather (born in 1905, d. in the 90s). I may join them or individually or with friends Sonya & Daiana but they got their fams to walk with. There'll be of course living veterans too, sitting lined in chairs, listening to concert & many events organized for them.

Enjoy, RRA1. It was a great day.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: May 08, 2019, 08:55:23 PM »

Yes you have a great reason to celebrate . The Russians did a lot of the "heavy lifting" early in the War, having to Take More Than One For the (Allied) Team. The bravery and determination in the face of such dire straits were incredible.

Oh, and I love buckwheat, especially in pancakes.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 09, 2019, 06:15:14 AM »

Yes, I'm proud of my nation for it. Rare case such as this when I'm patriot. Russian war films really good, btw, f.ex. "And tomorrow was war".
They've been giving free georgievsky ribbons in streets to everybody. Ate buckwheat cereal despite the anxiety to eat in front of people. & we marched & passed by jolly cool street band playing old-fashioned march song. I really like march music. Didn't meet with aunt, they may've been in Victory square (they live 2 minutes walk to it). Right now whilst typing hear fireworks.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 09, 2019, 06:21:48 AM »

Looks like it was a wonderful day for you!
(Did the kitty celebrate?)

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 12, 2019, 03:01:30 PM »

Today is Mother's Day in the US. Hope the SS Mothers had a good day.
I fixed lunch for 3 Mothers in my family - Mom, 2 sisters - and a nephew.
Baked a couple of Cornish hens with an orange sauce, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and gingerbread seasoning , a tossed salad, and garlic bread. One of my sisters brought what is known locally as a Gentilly Cake (also known as Chantilly Cake), a cake with almond flour, some fresh fruit between the layers, with mascarpone icing and more fresh berries on top.
There was some fear that the lunch wouldn't happen as there were two rounds of flooding rains in my city last night. But thankfully the streets dried up in time for everyone to arrive .

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 12, 2019, 03:31:15 PM »

Baked a couple of Cornish hens with an orange sauce, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and gingerbread seasoning , a tossed salad, and garlic bread. One of my sisters brought what is known locally as a Gentilly Cake (also known as Chantilly Cake), a cake with almond flour, some fresh fruit between the layers, with mascarpone icing and more fresh berries on top.

Mmmm--sounds delicious, E. Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: