-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435598 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: March 16, 2019, 04:50:20 PM »

It's nearby, as I said, about 500 m walk. I held basket in hand. There's special carpet in it to keep cat warm. Do you walk like this with cat, NOLA, to nearby shops? -15 C paired with bright sun shining down isn't, btw, cold, I changed winter fur coat to thin coat that people wear in late spring/ fall. Though nobody did, used to usually see/ wait what people wear in streets in different season/ temperature transitions. It doesn't quite work as everybody got different definitions of "cold" & such.
Billy, uber cool! Send Jaymie hello. Hello You know, there's similarity to Billy Joel in that pic of yours.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 16, 2019, 04:51:01 PM »

bad old, old anyway, Smiley.
It isn't bad.

No, it's not bad, RR, I was just trying to be funny (and failing miserably).  Grin The fact that I've kept posting here through thick and thin is proof enough that I like it here. Wink

Cat looked at dog with apathy.

That's lovely--it's made my day! LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 16, 2019, 07:23:44 PM »

As the temperature for my city for the next week is a low of 10C and a high of 20C, -15C is a bit on the nippy side.
None of my cats would stay in a basket if I went out with them. But one cat I had, Fou Minou, would follow me down the street. I might have been able to train her to walk with a leash.
Most businesses don't allow animals in stores, except for seeing eye dogs.
Some coffeehouses and bookstores might allow a cat on occasion.

Today I was home all day. When not caring for my Mother , I watched some episodes of a series on the Roosevelt family, who produced two US Presidents (Theodore and Franklin), and a First Lady/activist (Eleanor).
There are fish frys this time of year here at various churches, as this is the Lenten season. Someone brought over dinners for us. Wonderful fish, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, green peas, bread, slice of cake and a drink. We were "stuffed" afterwards but happy.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 19, 2019, 07:44:37 AM »

There are fish frys this time of year here at various churches, as this is the Lenten season. Someone brought over dinners for us. Wonderful fish, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, green peas, bread, slice of cake and a drink. We were "stuffed" afterwards but happy.

Ha! Sounds good to me, E. Smiley

Today I emptied the garden pond, taking care to save the frogs and pond skaters (and a newt), laid a new sheet of PVC and filled it up again, restoring part of he massive clump of vegetatiion. It looks pretty good but the job almost killed me! Not to be recommended beyond a certain age. LOL 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 19, 2019, 09:15:14 AM »

Thank for the reminder about the pond . My sister usually cleans the pond in my Mom's back yard but she's recovering from a broken leg.I used to do it years ago but have become so klutzy these past few years that I'd probably slip and fall in it (and have trouble getting back up). I can at least try to skim off the scum on the top. There might still be some little fish in there if the egrets haven't eaten them all up.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 19, 2019, 01:43:23 PM »

Thank for the reminder about the pond . My sister usually cleans the pond in my Mom's back yard but she's recovering from a broken leg.I used to do it years ago but have become so klutzy these past few years that I'd probably slip and fall in it (and have trouble getting back up). I can at least try to skim off the scum on the top. There might still be some little fish in there if the egrets haven't eaten them all up.

Egrets... My problem is herons. We have no fish, just whatever happens to find its way there. It's popular among frogs and that's why I had to start again from scratch. A heron tore a couple of nasty gashes in the PVC on its way to a frog which reduced the water level by half.

Don't fall in, please! That was my worry while suspended perilously over the pond to rescue the stray frog and scoop out handfuls of mud. Grin

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 19, 2019, 03:31:31 PM »

There has been a melody playing in my head off and on for a while. Couldn't figure out what the song was until today. Checked a thread on that Hoffman Board - songs about cats. And I found it:  Phenomenal Cat by The Kinks.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 22, 2019, 03:44:21 AM »

There has been a melody playing in my head off and on for a while. Couldn't figure out what the song was until today. Checked a thread on that Hoffman Board - songs about cats. And I found it:  Phenomenal Cat by The Kinks.

Great! There's also a thread for cats depicted on record covers.

I like that place. It's huge and there's no way I'm going through 100 pages of a topic to see if my choice has been posted yet but I always see something of interest to post about whenever I look in.  Wink

Last night the band I was in rehearsed for its very last gig on Saturday. I'd forgotten just how much beer gets consumed at rehearsals! LOL
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:47:27 AM by JK » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 25, 2019, 02:32:52 PM »

Risk being predictable but

Checked a thread on that Hoffman Board - songs about cats.
There's also a thread for cats depicted on record covers.
Can you 2 link to these threads?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 25, 2019, 03:30:29 PM »

Risk being predictable but

Checked a thread on that Hoffman Board - songs about cats.
There's also a thread for cats depicted on record covers.
Can you 2 link to these threads?

Here they are, RR:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/songs-about-cats.821929/

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/albums-with-cats-on-the-cover.441661/

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 29, 2019, 05:33:38 PM »

I shall save the links. Ta.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 30, 2019, 08:32:54 AM »

The day is still young but the music lovers in my town are in a tizzy about the Rolling Stones upcoming US tour being cancelled. They were to headline a special day set aside for them at our Jazz Fest in early May. What will the festival do?
Anyway, hope Mick Jagger recovers soon from whatever is ailing him.

Got latest issue of ESQ in the post this morning. Will relax and read later today.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:06:58 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

SBonilla
« Reply #1062 on: March 30, 2019, 12:31:03 PM »

I went to the groomer this morning. I no longer feel beastly and unkempt.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 30, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »

I went to the groomer this morning. I no longer feel beastly and unkempt.

Glad to hear it, sir. This is a respectable forum (so I'm told). Grin

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 01, 2019, 07:40:47 PM »

Went to Urgent Care Clinic today. Foot not broken. Doc said, however, that I have really bad arthritis.
I already knew that. "What a drag it is getting old..."

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: April 02, 2019, 01:24:35 AM »

Went to Urgent Care Clinic today. Foot not broken. Doc said, however, that I have really bad arthritis.
I already knew that. "What a drag it is getting old..."

The good news is that nothing's broken. The rest is, well... the rest.  Grin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 07, 2019, 02:38:37 PM »

Today I celebrated my day of birth rather a long time ago. My presents included a bottle of whiskey, a corkscrew, an oyster knife and a CD/DVD player/burner for the computer.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 07, 2019, 05:22:10 PM »

Sunday, yesterday, aunt invited to drink tea with sushki (don't confuse with sushi, Asian cuisine which I HATE). She then went to the attic to get VHS tapes. It's archaic clips when grandpa used to carry camera to depict us, grandchildren, in diff. age. There's hilarious scene when back-then-5 y.o. cousin shakes hands in the air & sings local popstar song & I turned recently 15 sit beside, say sth. real fast, then out of the blue with such rapid reaction turn back to kitchen table (we being filmed in the kitchen) to get fork to give it to the boy to use it as microphone. That lil cute child is now 18. Taller than I (there isn't justice in the world). But fave thing about visiting aunt is getting to talk with her teenage daughter, younger sister of the boy, sweet girl with sunny personality.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 07, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »

It's great to take a trip down "Memory Lane," especially with a favorite relative.

Had to look up "sushki." Perfect timing - I need to start drinking more tea and get away from so much soda pop. I went ahead and ordered some and they should arrive in a week or two.
 it sounds good, just slightly sweet.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 07, 2019, 07:29:28 PM »

Maybe but present time's better.

Soda pop is Coca Cola? See vids in youtube, people clean bathtub, tap, bowl with it, it's got acid, everything shines like new.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 07, 2019, 07:55:52 PM »

Soda pop is Coca Cola? See vids in youtube, people clean bathtub, tap, bowl with it, it's got acid, everything shines like new.

Yes that's why it might not be such a good idea to drink it!
My "coke habit" hasn't done my throat or esophagus any favors.
That's why I need to drink tea if thirsty .

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 10, 2019, 02:22:50 PM »

This evening I wrote out the chords etc to "Brown Eyed Girl" (Van Morrison) and "Take It Easy" (The Eagles) for an impromptu rehearsal tomorrow for a birthday party later in the month. And gave CCR's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" a few listens (I'll write out that and Billy Joel's "The Piano Man" tomorrow). Wink   

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 13, 2019, 04:01:39 AM »

This evening I wrote out the chords etc to "Brown Eyed Girl" (Van Morrison) and "Take It Easy" (The Eagles) for an impromptu rehearsal tomorrow for a birthday party later in the month. And gave CCR's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" a few listens (I'll write out that and Billy Joel's "The Piano Man" tomorrow). Wink   

Thursday was good. The rehearsal went well and within no time we had a repertoire. Followed by a choral concert in the evening.

Friday was not so good. I passed out and was rushed to hospltal for a check-up. They couldn't find anything. Not sure if that's good or bad. Grin

Today? A day of rest. Smiley

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 13, 2019, 05:20:32 AM »

Ha! This thread bumped in good time. Yesterday 8 o'clock in the evening, 36 y.o. female neighbor whose flat is right beside clacked with her big heels thru the floor hallway, talking with smb. When she finally reached her flat, I checked via fish eye who it is with her - the voice belonged to her mother, she carried bag with wheels. She usually visits city around this time & stays in her daughter's flat till September. She visited last year December & stayed till January, likely to spend New Year holidays (about 10 days here) with daughter's fam (husband, elementary school daughter). There stood the other lady - neighbor's sister. She brought little son who ran towards door & b4 his aunt put the key to it, he rang the bell to the empty flat. The granny shouted, said what he's doing, is he fool, going to scare smb. dubbed "Seera". The neighbor & her sister smiled in agreement, told boy that "Seera" will get crazy. When they get in, I hear sweet meow meets them. :D They've cat! Didn't know. Isn't it jolly cute that the fam cares about their pet cat, that nobody disturb creature with loud noises.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 13, 2019, 07:30:11 AM »

RR that's funny. Don't scare the kitty!
I
John, please take it easy this weekend.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: