-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:46:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435550 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 11, 2019, 03:05:59 PM »

Hello yes 18 is old for a cat but it’s not that unusual for indoor cats to live to 20 nowadays. She did live a largely illness free life until the end , other than some arthritis.
BFFs are Best Friends Forever. So if or when I adopt a couple of cats in the future I’d like a pair who have been together and enjoy each other’s company.
I'm proud to say I knew what's BFF. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 11, 2019, 03:11:19 PM »

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head. Haven't heard that in a while. That's a great song.
Yes. I like sunny songs. :D Btw, concert didn't start yet. I said it *will be*, not that it's today or yesterday or whenever. Roll Eyes It's this weekends.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 11, 2019, 06:33:07 PM »

Well, good luck this weekend , then   Grin

Spent quiet morning at the Library, mainly doing various puzzle games from our newspaper that I brought along. Then back to reality. Warm day (in the 20s C). Then supposed to get cooler, then warmer... Yoyo weather.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 12, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »

I'm proud to say I knew what's BFF. 3D

I knew what BBF meant but BFF was a new one on me.  Grin

Well, we're not quite back on speaking terms, RR, but this is a step in the right direction. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 18, 2019, 03:41:27 AM »

Well, good luck this weekend , then   Grin

Spent quiet morning at the Library, mainly doing various puzzle games from our newspaper that I brought along. Then back to reality. Warm day (in the 20s C). Then supposed to get cooler, then warmer... Yoyo weather.
I knew "yoyo" to be toy. Didn't think it can be used as adjective.

Concert finished. About 50 people visited in 100-seat hall. I sang 9th which is pity since 1) wished to start concert as big stars do :D 2) wished to be home fast, not wait the 8 singers. Didn't do singing mistakes.
2/5.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 18, 2019, 10:22:25 AM »

2/5.

Is that your verdict, RR, or was there a panel of experts? Smokin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 18, 2019, 03:17:17 PM »

2/5 is given by me to the entire concert.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 19, 2019, 01:30:34 AM »

2/5 is given by me to the entire concert.

I see. Could be worse, I suppose. Perhaps they should have let the big star go on first. Roll Eyes

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 19, 2019, 04:10:07 AM »

Haven't done things like that in a long time. But I would also rather get it over with.
Biggest fear would be like what happened at the 1964 TAMI show where the Rolling Stones had to perform after James Brown - the person performing right before me blows the audience away and there's wild applause. Then little old me has to go on stage after that.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 19, 2019, 04:37:29 PM »

I like to work the daily quotes in the newspaper that are to be decoded. (For example: wfjwm f lfpx decodes to "catch a wave." )
A clue is given to help solve it, although I usually don't need it. Today the clue was "M=T." However that was obviously an error as the words created made no sense. But I was so happy that I was able to determine that " M=E. " Then everything fell into place . The quote was from Russell Crowe, in case you cared :-)
Still have some brain cells left, even as the sand continues its journey down the hourglass...

Crazy weather . Cold earlier today, now it's heavy fog and warm. Everybody, including our pets, are sneezing from allergies. My nose feels like it's on fire.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: February 20, 2019, 12:05:03 PM »

Haven't done things like that in a long time. But I would also rather get it over with.
Biggest fear would be like what happened at the 1964 TAMI show where the Rolling Stones had to perform after James Brown - the person performing right before me blows the audience away and there's wild applause. Then little old me has to go on stage after that.
It's reason 3 to start's the best. Yet, when you sing, finish, next singer gets to stage & beats you to the point everybody forgets that you began it in the 1st place - does it mean little difference 'tween 2 case scenarios?

Say hello to living cats. I think they will be safe with you than if you gifted them to nephews/ nieces.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 20, 2019, 09:05:10 PM »

That scenario wouldn’t bother me too much . If I did my best and someone comes after me and does better, what can I do ?
Now if I flub up the words or a musical phrase that’s another story

Don’t worry about my 2 remaining cats. I’m spoiling them rotten.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 02, 2019, 12:30:26 PM »

Meant you've knack at cat-caring than your nieces/ nephews; they don't care, 100% sure.
Today discovered new word "foofoo", used by jiggy22 in Sweet Insanity thread. It is said just like what we say when squeamish. Maybe in English it means the same.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 03, 2019, 04:12:45 AM »

Today discovered new word "foofoo", used by jiggy22 in Sweet Insanity thread. It is said just like what we say when squeamish. Maybe in English it means the same.

It's a new word for me too. That Scott's full of surprises. Grin

What did I do today? I arrived back from a holiday in Yorkshire. Wink

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 03, 2019, 06:33:21 AM »

Only time I saw the word "foofoo" was with a children's song I'd sing to my nieces and nephews - " Little Rabbit Foofoo". Think it's online.
Watched one of them. The song I sang was funny and the kids loved it. They'd be scared with what I saw online. Oh well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:30:09 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 04, 2019, 06:37:00 AM »

Weirdly nobody knows what "foofoo" means, save jiggy22. Roll Eyes Well look up in the dictionary, then get back here.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 05, 2019, 04:49:36 AM »

Weirdly nobody knows what "foofoo" means, save jiggy22. Roll Eyes Well look up in the dictionary, then get back here.

How about this?

Foofoo
Adjective used to describe anything that is just a little to frilly, fancy, or "upper crust". Things that are foofoo might also be a bit on the delicate side, or too elegant by half, or even offensively fruity. Spoiled little lap-dogs, $1000 designer handbags, and pink capri pants worn by men all qualify as foofoo.

Damn, I see I'm going to have to throw my pink capri pants away. LOL

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 05, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »

Thought that was "frou frou" - pronounced froo froo. At least that's how we describe frilly over the top things here.

Was watching some episodes of the TV show The West Wing yesterday. It was election day and one of the bands performing at Democrat headquarters was the Foo Fighters.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 05, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »

Foofoo
Adjective used to describe anything that is just a little to frilly, fancy, or "upper crust". Things that are foofoo might also be a bit on the delicate side, or too elegant by half, or even offensively fruity. Spoiled little lap-dogs, $1000 designer handbags, and pink capri pants worn by men all qualify as foofoo.
Thanks. I kinda began to lose hope smb. will even care to answer this. Btw, didn't think I'd see sth. described as "too elegant". Sth. is off about it.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 05, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »

Foofoo
Thanks. I kinda began to lose hope smb. will even care to answer this. Btw, didn't think I'd see sth. described as "too elegant". Sth. is off about it.

You're welcome, RR. Yes, "too elegant" is a little weird. Grin

The Loud Braggart
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 08, 2019, 12:31:32 AM »

Hello everyone,

I want to share something with you that I'm really proud of. I have written a novel about the Syrian civil war and now I have done a lecture at the university. I focused my lecture on the Arabian Spring and America's war on terror, but actually it was about a broader topic: the world history after the Cold War, so the time we live in now. It means that I discuss global warming, social media and the EU as well. I never learned about these things in school. The invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq were never discussed, as well as the cause and consequences of the Arabian Spring, so I felt like it was a good thing to do lectures about it. I don't think that many people of my age understand what's happening now in Venezuela as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-NlWlUPZrI&t=13s - on the War in Yemen, Saudi Arabia, the EU and Global Warming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdfXl2wSmtY&t=2s - on America & the War on Terror (Iraq, ISIS, Libya, Afghanistan), 9/11 and Venezuela

I've sent 2 of the 4 videos that I have uploaded so far. I hope you enjoy. I hope the channel can grow a bit. Thanks!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 16, 2019, 07:37:28 AM »

Today is my first day without EH (deleted my account) and without the new site set up by an ex-EH mod (not for me).

So now it's down to my "hobby" forum and to good old, bad old, old anyway, Smiley. Grin

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 16, 2019, 10:26:41 AM »

bad old, old anyway, Smiley.
It isn't bad. Today been sunshiney day, -15 C. Went with cat in basket shopping in the nearby shopping centre. Many new goods since last time I'd been there (last year), new interior designs. Nice tea seller lady recommended good tea. Then when walking back, some chap went by with big lampshade shaped as sitting dog, maybe it didn't sell w/ box or he refused the lamp seller to take it. Cat looked at dog with apathy. He looks at real dogs ditto, isn't scared. When got back, we sat in the kitchen to eat evening food, what remained since yesterday.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 16, 2019, 11:02:30 AM »

Went out riding in -15C weather! Brrr. Do you wrap kitty in blankets to keep him warm?
Trying to imagine a dog shaped lampshade.  LOL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1049 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:39 PM »

Currently listening to The Smile Sessions with my daughter while we work on music

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: