-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:36:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435441 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 29, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »

Hid the new basket (5th) away, that the cat doesn't see. It's surprise & New Year's gift to him. :D It's the best basket by now. Really cool. Aunt said by whatsapp she prepared gift, I typed back that will not forget to take it. police

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 30, 2018, 07:35:09 AM »

I cleaned and tidied my L-shaped desk arrangement. I though it would be nice to add a few aesthetically pleasing things, including LP covers and CD boxes. Plus a mini library of books which mean something to me right now. I'm hoping to keep it clean and tidy for the foreseeable future. Grin   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 30, 2018, 07:41:53 AM »

RR1 your kitty is sure blessed to have you in his life.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 06, 2019, 06:10:44 AM »

Finally carried the not-so-recently (November!) painted garden table out of the garage/boxroom with my SO and positioned it on her wonderfully spruced-up terrace. Swept the garage/boxroom floor for the first time in weeks and tidied up the wood supply. And now I'm doing some posting. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 10, 2019, 09:18:06 AM »

Cat accidentally rang the aunt, she typed to me at whatsapp that he meowed at her & she said she'll buy him cat food for free due to such intriguing call. But, it's joke - she hates cats. Fun lil news.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 18, 2019, 04:08:57 AM »

Today's cat charity. Everybody donated money, new bowls, baskets, knitted scarves, many goodies. 5/5.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 21, 2019, 05:29:54 AM »

Very early today, as it happens, we watched the super blood wolf moon assuming its final form. Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf-mqzQoO9U

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 28, 2019, 05:53:38 AM »

Listened to me speaking via mobile voice recording device, goofed around by parodying few singers, silly & serious speeches. Didn't like it, deleted.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 31, 2019, 05:16:07 AM »

Yesterday my grandson and I took apart a Lego castle he'd built eons ago and reassembled it in the shortest time.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 02, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »

Earlier today I balanced on my right leg for 100 seconds. Then I balanced on my left leg for 100 seconds. After that I sat down for a bit. Grin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 03, 2019, 06:26:58 AM »

Listened to me speaking via mobile voice recording device, goofed around by parodying few singers, silly & serious speeches. Didn't like it, deleted.

It only just occurs to me that I was doing something very similar the day before! Grin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 03, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »

Today I decided to take a short break from EH. Just a few days. Back at the weekend.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 03, 2019, 08:09:30 PM »

Around 0630 I put a small pork roast in a slow cooker, along with lots of onions and garlic, then went about my day. About 6 1/2 - 7 hours later, the roast was ready. Quite delicious, and served with sweet potatoes, and king cake for dessert.
Bring a New Orleanian through and through, I joined the local citizenry in boycotting the Super Bowl. The TV was tuned to either the Kitten Bowl or the Puppy Bowl. There were lots of anti-Super Bowl parties throughout the city.
Get back to regular life tomorrow

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 04, 2019, 01:57:52 AM »

Around 0630 I put a small pork roast in a slow cooker, along with lots of onions and garlic, then went about my day. About 6 1/2 - 7 hours later, the roast was ready. Quite delicious, and served with sweet potatoes, and king cake for dessert.
Bring a New Orleanian through and through, I joined the local citizenry in boycotting the Super Bowl. The TV was tuned to either the Kitten Bowl or the Puppy Bowl. There were lots of anti-Super Bowl parties throughout the city.
Get back to regular life tomorrow

Wow. Sounds delicious, E. Tongue

Um... What's the problem with the Super Bowl (excuse this ignorant limey)?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 04, 2019, 05:01:20 AM »

The problem with the Super Bowl was that everyone down here, and in much of not most of the US, thought our New Orleans Saints should have been playing the New England Patriots. The reason we didn't get to play was due to an unbelievable "non-call" on a play where a Los Angeles Rams player clearly committed a pass interference penalty on our player. If the penalty had been called the Saints would have been able to keep the ball longer, run down the clock, and kick (hopefully!) the winning field goal.
Anyway the head of the NFL admitted right after the game that the officials goofed up big time, but nothing could be done.
And to add insult to injury, it was discovered afterwards that 4 of the officials lived in the Los Angeles area!
You can see the play in question online by  searching  "Saints vs Rams non call".
But the weather was great yesterday and thousands took to the streets to have a party celebrating the team.

To Add: It would be wonderful if this was the worst problem we had to deal with !
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:23:21 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 04, 2019, 10:16:21 AM »

The problem with the Super Bowl was that everyone down here, and in much of not most of the US, thought our New Orleans Saints should have been playing the New England Patriots. The reason we didn't get to play was due to an unbelievable "non-call" on a play where a Los Angeles Rams player clearly committed a pass interference penalty on our player. If the penalty had been called the Saints would have been able to keep the ball longer, run down the clock, and kick (hopefully!) the winning field goal.
Anyway the head of the NFL admitted right after the game that the officials goofed up big time, but nothing could be done.
And to add insult to injury, it was discovered afterwards that 4 of the officials lived in the Los Angeles area!
You can see the play in question online by  searching  "Saints vs Rams non call".
But the weather was great yesterday and thousands took to the streets to have a party celebrating the team.

To Add: It would be wonderful if this was the worst problem we had to deal with !

Oh man... Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjvZHMod_3E

What a blunder by the officials! Even a US football ignoramus like me can see that. No wonder everyone was up in arms.

Still, as you say... if only this were the worst problem in the world! Grin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 06, 2019, 02:58:48 AM »

This morning I made a cooked "English" breakfast for my wife's birthday. Later we and others are to gather round the fire (in the fireplace), also made by me, and nibble things.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 06, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »

Will be mini-concert. Everybody picks song to sing, find piano sheet in the Internet that smb. will play. I found & picked "Raindrops Keep Fallin'", it's joyful. Everybody else predictably chose introspective soulful "classical romance" genre songs. Which is the ideal I went against & picked pop tune instead. If they change it, I shan't sing. Besides, they say to be in dresses. I didn't get any. Maybe will find ancient granny's dress in basement - free deal. Will not iron it, hate ironing. Will not try to sing well aka lifehacking tip that nobody asks to sing again.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 08, 2019, 12:52:41 AM »

Will be mini-concert. Everybody picks song to sing, find piano sheet in the Internet that smb. will play. I found & picked "Raindrops Keep Fallin'", it's joyful. Everybody else predictably chose introspective soulful "classical romance" genre songs. Which is the ideal I went against & picked pop tune instead. If they change it, I shan't sing. Besides, they say to be in dresses. I didn't get any. Maybe will find ancient granny's dress in basement - free deal. Will not iron it, hate ironing. Will not try to sing well aka lifehacking tip that nobody asks to sing again.

I hope it went well. Let us know. Wink

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 08, 2019, 07:38:30 AM »

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head. Haven't heard that in a while. That's a great song.
Everywhere I go is casual dress nowadays. Even regular church services. I have one nice dress, nothing fancy, for those rare occasions (weddings, funerals) where a bit more formal dress is required .

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: February 09, 2019, 04:59:29 PM »

Our 18 year old cat went to cat heaven today. Not unexpected. The good thing is that she and I bonded towards the end..
Anyway I now have 2 cats. Won't get any more until these pass on, which I hope won't be for a while. Then will probably get 2 cats who are BFFs.
 "Talked" with some friends online about our memories of when the Beatles first came to the US and played on the Ed Sullivan show 55 years ago tonight. We were 6-7 years old at the time.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:04:08 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 10, 2019, 12:42:05 AM »

Our 18 year old cat went to cat heaven today. Not unexpected. The good thing is that she and I bonded towards the end..
Anyway I now have 2 cats. Won't get any more until these pass on, which I hope won't be for a while. Then will probably get 2 cats who are BFFs.
 "Talked" with some friends online about our memories of when the Beatles first came to the US and played on the Ed Sullivan show 50 years ago tonight. We were 6-7 years old at the time.

Sorry to hear about your loss, E. Still, 18 is old for a cat, isn't it?

What are BFFs?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 10, 2019, 01:11:35 AM »

Hello yes 18 is old for a cat but it’s not that unusual for indoor cats to live to 20 nowadays. She did live a largely illness free life until the end , other than some arthritis.
BFFs are Best Friends Forever. So if or when I adopt a couple of cats in the future I’d like a pair who have been together and enjoy each other’s company.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 10, 2019, 02:28:11 AM »

BFFs are Best Friends Forever. So if or when I adopt a couple of cats in the future I’d like a pair who have been together and enjoy each other’s company.

Thanks for clarifying, E. That's an abbreviation I feel comfortable with. Wink

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:14 PM »

NBBF - You still got 2 cats. Pay attention to living cats.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: