-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435348 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 06, 2018, 03:47:20 AM »

It's official - I've girl crush at Zooey Deschanel. :D Mother of 2 & still looks young, didn't age. I checked cover vids in which she sings in duet with various people & besides the voice, really liked the way she moved her lips, it looked sweet & somewhat coy (don't deny, when we see smb. sing, we inadvertently look at lips). Also, I think she's smarter than her image of girl with bangs.
What's YOUR boy/ girl crushes, folks? 'Fess up! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:02:11 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 07, 2018, 03:58:19 PM »

Today went to the main supermarket - didn't buy anything; the prices seemed to skyrocket since previous visit this June. Usually jot down which things to buy, today's list cat-related things, soon his boithday - special brush, leash, food ofc, new scarf, greeting cards in which I shall write nice wishes & congratulations. Will go to the shopping centre instead, it's usually big choice there paired with different prices.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 07, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »

Happy birthday in advance to your kitty!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 07, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »

I saw a post today where Zooey Deschanel "wants to save the bees." Don't know your situation in Russia but over here there has been a marked decline in the native bee population. Fewer bees means less pollination means crop failures .
 so anything she can do along those lines makes her a-ok with me.

Don't know anyone I have a "crush" on now. Unfortunately I have become too cynical.
I'll think about any crushes I might have had earlier in life.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 08, 2018, 04:48:37 PM »

Zooey Deschanel "wants to save the bees."
That's nice.
Buckethead, thanks, I shall tell the cat your happy birthday wishes. I shall invite his best feline friends with their masters, mainly nice elderly ladies I befriended after exchanging funny/ cute cat tales. Planning to invite as well teenage cousin Lena, my favorite cousin, that she helps to prepare the party. I'll give her many orders - she's younger, she must - I'll do the minimum. It's going to be fun guaranteed, like past year, the year previous to it etc. It didn't fail before & hope this time too.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: October 08, 2018, 09:18:15 PM »

Spent the morning at a local coffeehouse, reading and working crossword puzzles.
Went next door to restaurant for lunch. Awkward moment when I heard yelling, cursing and loud thumps coming from the kitchen. Don't know if there was a fistfight going on. Thought maybe I should leave. But then manager came out, smiling as if nothing happened. The lunch was quite good -  jambalaya with shrimp and sausage, and catfish. I'm thinking that I might wait a while before going back there again.

Had light supper, tended to my Mother , and decided to turn on TV as I remembered that our football team, the Saints, was playing. Saw our quarterback, Drew Brees, break the career yardage record. Found myself tearing up but couldn't understand why. Then I saw posts from other Saints fans saying they had cried as well.

Was about to go to bed; when I let the night sitter for Mom in, and BooBoo the dog got out. Wanted to go to bed but can't until he decides to come back...

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

MsBecca
« Reply #931 on: October 09, 2018, 01:18:23 PM »

Fell off my bike like a feeb this morning trying to show off. I am 35 not 15 but for a moment I forgot.
MsBecca
« Reply #932 on: October 09, 2018, 01:40:01 PM »

It's official - I've girl crush at Zooey Deschanel. :D Mother of 2 & still looks young, didn't age. I checked cover vids in which she sings in duet with various people & besides the voice, really liked the way she moved her lips, it looked sweet & somewhat coy (don't deny, when we see smb. sing, we inadvertently look at lips). Also, I think she's smarter than her image of girl with bangs.
What's YOUR boy/ girl crushes, folks? 'Fess up! Smiley

Probably Lauren Cohan (Maggie from The Walking Dead) for me Smiley
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 09, 2018, 04:22:55 PM »

Fell off my bike like a feeb this morning trying to show off. I am 35 not 15 but for a moment I forgot.

Hope you’re okay.
I used to be able to take a fall then get right back up, the only injury being to my pride. :-)
Not so anymore unfortunately.

Today I had a root canal. Hurts, and sound funny when I talk

MsBecca
« Reply #934 on: October 09, 2018, 05:54:16 PM »

I am ok aside from a bruised ego and my leg looking like red cabbage

Root canals suck. My heart goes out to you !
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 10, 2018, 05:56:35 AM »

Well cat's birthday party finished. It's been fun. Cat got nice gifts, souvenirs. Enjoyed time meeting his feline friends & many things. Frankly, to describe it would be written with 5 paragraphs. In short, good day.

Quote from: ChewBecca
I'll check google pics when Internet's fast.
 p.s. Thanks again for apology message you sent & deleting posts in SWD thread. Appreciate it.

Btw, I don't even know what's "root canal". By description, it's sth. to do with speech difficulty.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 10, 2018, 06:14:15 AM »

A root canal is a procedure you have in your mouth at the dentist.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 10, 2018, 07:18:25 AM »

Re: root canals . It’s a procedure to try to save the root of the tooth . I will have to go back to my regular dentist to have a crown made for the tooth.
With the cost involved, and the fact that it is a back tooth , maybe I should have gotten a bottle of hard liquor, got good and drunk, and got someone to pull the tooth out.

RR - so glad your Kitty had a wonderful birthday.

Today I’m nursing a sore mouth, and watching TV as Hurricane Michael prepares to lay waste to the Florida Panhandle. People around my city are particularly sad about this because Destin and Panama City areas are where we go for beach vacations.
Also maddening, the number of people who decided not to evacuate. :-(

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 10, 2018, 08:04:40 AM »

If you want to hear what I sounded like yesterday, watch the short YT clip, “West Wing CJ root canal.”

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 10, 2018, 10:54:06 AM »

Today I thought about whether I want to hang around here. I deleted my PSF account a couple days ago because I’m bored. Not angry with anyone or anything, not freaked out about anything, not thinking I’m too good for it, nothing like that. No hard feelings. No drama. Just bored. I think maybe halving my experience by cutting to one board could help. Thought about zero, but stuck with this one (more or less on a coin toss) for the time being.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 10, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »

Cap, hope you stay! Jimmy Butler drama won’t be the same... Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
MsBecca
« Reply #941 on: October 10, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »

Well cat's birthday party finished. It's been fun. Cat got nice gifts, souvenirs. Enjoyed time meeting his feline friends & many things. Frankly, to describe it would be written with 5 paragraphs. In short, good day.

Quote from: ChewBecca
I'll check google pics when Internet's fast.
 p.s. Thanks again for apology message you sent & deleting posts in SWD thread. Appreciate it.

Btw, I don't even know what's "root canal". By description, it's sth. to do with speech difficulty.

You are more than welcome!

Happy birthday to kitty as well!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: October 10, 2018, 12:06:22 PM »

I am ok aside from a bruised ego and my leg looking like red cabbage

Dare I ask what you were doing in order to fall off your bike? :D

Today I thought about whether I want to hang around here. I deleted my PSF account a couple days ago because I’m bored. Not angry with anyone or anything, not freaked out about anything, not thinking I’m too good for it, nothing like that. No hard feelings. No drama. Just bored. I think maybe halving my experience by cutting to one board could help. Thought about zero, but stuck with this one (more or less on a coin toss) for the time being.

Glad you're still here Luther. I honestly can't imagine this board without you.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 11, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »

It's 1st day snowing - hope it's definitive snow, not snow that melts & creates mud. It's still plus degree (+2 C) which means it could melt. Then again, it's chilly & sunless, it may stay.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 11, 2018, 05:14:52 PM »

Wow, is that especially early for you? We had snow in the northern parts of the state--I heard eight inches in one spot!--but nothing here, thankfully. (There had been forecasts that we might get some.) I enjoy the cool weather that precedes the winter most of all. Though it was about 35 F / 1.6 C this afternoon ... hardly warm. But not yet bitter cold.

I should add, I know what you mean about snow that melts, though. That slush and mud are even worse than just snow.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:15:25 PM by the captain » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: October 11, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »

I'm sorry to see you leave, but I'm relieved to hear it wasn't that you were in trouble there.

Still, I'm glad you're still here here with us.  Smiley I always enjoyed reading your posts.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 11, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »

Snow? Wow.
We're so happy that the temp is finally getting down to 18.3C (65F) tonight lol.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 11, 2018, 06:40:51 PM »

Wow, is that especially early for you? We had snow in the northern parts of the state--I heard eight inches in one spot!--but nothing here, thankfully. (There had been forecasts that we might get some.) I enjoy the cool weather that precedes the winter most of all. Though it was about 35 F / 1.6 C this afternoon ... hardly warm. But not yet bitter cold.

I should add, I know what you mean about snow that melts, though. That slush and mud are even worse than just snow.
The past few years - yes, it begins snowing at this time. In 2015 & before, it began as late as November. This year's summer in compare with previous years is the coldest as well, with hail & even snow in June. People say "global warming" but it doesn't seem to be about every place in the world. Then it's not "global". Yes indeed, plus 1-2 degrees isn't exactly warm. I meant that usually it's below zero degrees when it's officially winter starts, snow stays. & at times when it was above zero degrees, there were chances snow would melt (& it did). Few yrs back, reading either Minnesota's wiki page or St. Paul's it said it's akin to Siberia. Is it really the coldest state/ U.S. city? I figured it's somewhere in Alaska there's coldest place in America.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 11, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »

I think it probably depends on the specific question as to which is the coldest place in the USA: coldest average temperature, coldest average winters, coldest average coldest day, etc. I'd think North Dakota or northwestern Minnesota would be the worst, being so far from any moderation caused by big bodies of water. But I'd guess at our coldest, we're not so far off Siberia's coldest. Just not as often or for as long.

MsBecca
« Reply #949 on: October 11, 2018, 10:07:02 PM »

I think it probably depends on the specific question as to which is the coldest place in the USA: coldest average temperature, coldest average winters, coldest average coldest day, etc. I'd think North Dakota or northwestern Minnesota would be the worst, being so far from any moderation caused by big bodies of water. But I'd guess at our coldest, we're not so far off Siberia's coldest. Just not as often or for as long.

I was actually just talking about this but having been to North Dakota during winter one time it made my Colorado winters look like Hawaiian winters. Oh dear how can someone live there?! The culture there is weird too no offense but you know how every state has its own vibe? Well it it is like the fog in silent hill was replaced by snow. I actually felt weirded out at night and the cold was literal bone chilling ouchie ouch sh*t that hurts type of cold. I mean there was some beautiful land but there is a different kind of living.

Minnesota on the other hand apparently can actually get hot in the summer! I was shocked and awed. The people there are so nice though very welcoming like everybody is your friend. Complete strangers see you got an armful of food trying to get your keys out and they are like oh no sweetie heard I got that frozen whatever go on now get your key ok go it , good here is your turkey alright now GO Vikings! On the real, if I ever did have to leave and move I would indeed go to St Paul.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: