-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435551 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 18, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »

Will do!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 18, 2018, 06:05:09 PM »

but I had to address your absurd interpretation of its meaning.
Why? So what if I interpreted his post that way? It's not big deal.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 18, 2018, 06:14:39 PM »

It’s best described a laughably fringe interpretation. I don’t want anyone who hadn’t seen the post assuming you might be accurately describing it. It was clearly a pathetically mean-spirited insult, later quietly rescinded until being called out, only to go with an even more pathetic (and nonsensical) excuse.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 18, 2018, 06:29:10 PM »

People can check & interpret that post without any help.

I didn't see Mikie make fun of usawoman's posts. If there was history of such doing, THEN we're talking. That's why I didn't find it insulting. Not more, not less.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 18, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »

Today I shook my head in disbelief.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 18, 2018, 06:48:27 PM »

It puzzles me great deal when people care about some poster being possibly insulted with whom they never talked with or contributed much in the said poster's threads. In this case, usawoman. What's the sudden concern? <-- Rhetorical question, if you're going to write again in/direct insults towards anything I say, I'll let you have final word (or better do it in head coz I don't care).

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 19, 2018, 12:30:51 AM »

Spending the night at hospital with a loved one.
She had to have a strong medication yesterday because she freaks out when going into the MRI machine. Unfortunately it can take up to three days for the med to wear off.
She's in another world. Earlier she was making hand motions as if she was sewing or perhaps knitting.
Kept yelling at Tanner the cat to get off the bed. Called for my sister to get the cat. Couple of problems - there's no cat, and my sister lives in the state of Maryland, not exactly close to New Orleans. Thought maybe someone should go to a toy store and get a stuffed cat, show it to her and say, "Here's the cat. Watch while I take her out of the room."
Later she talked about flowers and said "thanks for the tour" .
 I decided to Keep Calm and listen to the Beach Boys. Nice.
About 6 more hours to go, then I can go home and maybe sleep.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 19, 2018, 12:47:16 AM »

Speaking of cat, went with him to visit veterinarian, his right eye got smaller due to allergy. The doctor said it's conjunctivitis. Prescribed special eye liquid drops. We checked few enterprises to find them but then some nice cat lady gave the address to different place in the other end of the city. We drove to it & indeed those super rare drops were there. Drove back, now few hours later he sleeps in basket, the eye doesn't bother him for now.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 19, 2018, 02:44:27 AM »

Hey Captain - don't mean to make you the link to all things Pet Sounds Forum but if you ever get a chance, please tell Super Metroid that I think her debate posts are fantastic.

That's good to hear, CSM. I'm sure she'll really appreciate that. :=)

Right now I'm cleaning and repairing the garden furniture. Spot of work (as in earning money) after that. Good to keep the mind occupied.

As for the pond, the tadpoles and toadpoles or whatever they're called are arriving now but not in the huge numbers I was expecting. The timebomb is still ticking...  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:30:57 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 19, 2018, 08:33:25 AM »

Spending the night at hospital with a loved one.
She had to have a strong medication yesterday because she freaks out when going into the MRI machine. Unfortunately it can take up to three days for the med to wear off.
She's in another world. Earlier she was making hand motions as if she was sewing or perhaps knitting.
Kept yelling at Tanner the cat to get off the bed. Called for my sister to get the cat. Couple of problems - there's no cat, and my sister lives in the state of Maryland, not exactly close to New Orleans. Thought maybe someone should go to a toy store and get a stuffed cat, show it to her and say, "Here's the cat. Watch while I take her out of the room."
Later she talked about flowers and said "thanks for the tour".
I decided to Keep Calm and listen to the Beach Boys. Nice.
About 6 more hours to go, then I can go home and maybe sleep.

Very sorry to hear that, E. What a trying and emotional time that must have been.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 19, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »

What did I do today? I may have made a grave mistake----only time will tell.
You broke down and joined the political discussion at PSF?  Wink  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 19, 2018, 10:22:21 AM »

The actual politics forum there is quite peaceful, really. Too quiet, if anything. It’s the various political (or personal-meets-political) fires that start in other parts of the board that are ugly.

Choosing one’s battles is the way to go. I’m not always good at it, but I’m getting better. One day I’ll learn.

Nola BB Fan: I’m sorry to hear about the time you have been having. A veteran of seemingly countless hours in hospitals with loved ones, I know how terrible it can be. The actual underlying illness, the bureaucracy of the institution, the “hurry up and wait” feel, the never satisfying answers, the stress of interacting with other, also stressed, visitors...it’s terrible. Numbing and painful all at once. You have my sympathy.

Oh, and the coffee is always awful.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 19, 2018, 10:40:50 AM »

What did I do today? I may have made a grave mistake----only time will tell.
You broke down and joined the political discussion at PSF?  Wink  LOL

Good god no. Perish the thought! What have you got against me all of a sudden, Jay?  LOL

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 19, 2018, 12:53:57 PM »

The actual politics forum there is quite peaceful, really. Too quiet, if anything. It’s the various political (or personal-meets-political) fires that start in other parts of the board that are ugly.

Choosing one’s battles is the way to go. I’m not always good at it, but I’m getting better. One day I’ll learn.

Bar the odd burst of belligerence, I'd say you were exemplary, cap'n.

I wasn't putting down the politics forum as such----it's just not for me. I know when a thing is just or not, but once party politics enters the fray, I have great trouble telling my @rse from my elbow. And the fires you speak of are indeed ugly at times.

Actually, I'm in the middle of a brief sabbatical from PSF. What's that line in that Who song about sometimes having to get out in the light? That's describes it rather nicely. Smokin    
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:06:25 PM by JK » Logged

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 19, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »

Your elbow is the bendy one  Grin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 19, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »

Your elbow is the bendy one  Grin

Make that two grave mistakes. LOL
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:49:03 PM by JK » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:56 AM »

1st May is holiday here. Went with cousin to parade - lotta people in the street with balloons, flowers & posters. We went for walk, then we sat in the vacant bench drinking water & eating what we bought (she bought ice cream, I didn't - got influenza with various inconvenient symptoms - high temperature, headache etc). Then despite being dizzy I said let's keep walking. It was fun, she said many funny stories about school, her classmates, brother etc. In total, we walked since 12 p.m. till 5 p.m. Time flies when you talk, you know. & she got back home (her mother/ my aunt kept sending whatsapp messages to not be long, it's getting cold etc). Me as well but not before buying cat food to meowing cutie. :D

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 01, 2018, 06:21:33 AM »

Sounded like a great day, Mari. Just take it easy while getting over that "flu" so that you don't have a relapse.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 04, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »

He's banned, so he shouldn't be able to see the board.

Really? Does it work that way? That's a bit drastic, isn't it? I would have thought not being able to post was sufficient.

I was kicked off the old Capitol BB MB for insubordination but I could browse it from day one on.
I could be wrong, but that's the way I've always understood it to be. I know that it works that way over at PSF.

Take it from me, Jay, it doesn't work that way here.  Smokin

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 04, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »

These days I'm sitting on a time bomb, a time bomb of frogspawn and toadspawn. Our small pond is full of the stuff (and I mean full!). When the bomb explodes, I expect to be spending all day and half the night carrying buckets of tadpoles down the road to the nearest canal.

It's starting to look critical. Everything's hatched now and the newt must be really feeling squeezed out by its 1000+ new neighbours.

I think the real trouble will begin once they all start sprouting legs. Whether it does or not, it's still one heck of a population explosion. Grin

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 05, 2018, 08:17:16 AM »

Got a call yesterday from my 96 year-old uncle in Hawaii. They had just experienced an earthquake which shook the house and knocked s bunch of things over. They were not hurt but I could hear their poodle, Monet, whimpering. Due to the movement of lava possibly getting to their house, along with dangerous gasses being emitted, they have to evacuate.
So I was acting as liaison letting everyone know what was happening.

Tried to relax at night, watching a basketball game (our local team is in the playoffs), when something landed on me. A termite! I immediately turned off the lights.
May is termite swarming season here. They fly around at night looking for light and water. No matter how sealed up your house is, those critters find a way of getting in. I hate it when one gets into my hair - ycch!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 05, 2018, 09:38:35 AM »

Got a call yesterday from my 96 year-old uncle in Hawaii. They had just experienced an earthquake which shook the house and knocked s bunch of things over. They were not hurt but I could hear their poodle, Monet, whimpering. Due to the movement of lava possibly getting to their house, along with dangerous gasses being emitted, they have to evacuate.
So I was acting as liaison letting everyone know what was happening.

Oooff! Heard about that on the news this morning. Six point something... that's pretty heavy. I hope everyone's safe now.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 05, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »

About tadpoles
We have a fair amount of frogs around here but most of the tadpoles are eaten by the egrets who visit our pond.
During the summer the frogs’ croaking lulls me to sleep

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 06, 2018, 11:09:48 AM »

While, yes, three weeks ago I was complaining about the nearly two feet of snow that fell, I've spent the past two days (and a few evenings last week) doing yard and garden work, because we've now had a couple weeks of temperatures in the 60s, 70s, and even 80s.

I raked up whatever was dead throughout the yard after the winter; tilled and added new soil and manure to the garden; transplanted a few tulip plants to make room for some edible plants in a new area of my yard; put down plenty of grass seed; planted three varieties of tomatoes, two of chili peppers, two of basil, two of oregano, as well as cilantro and dill, which will accompany the perennials of chives (suddenly a shaggy mass grown in no time), a couple types of thyme, mint, rosemary, sage, and savory; and watered everything.

I'll be drinking on my patio this afternoon, though also making a vegetable noodle (homemade noodles!) soup.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 06, 2018, 11:34:37 AM »

Job well done Cap! Grin

Personally, about to leave for the library to do schoolwork...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: