-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435391 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: March 23, 2018, 05:52:38 PM »

I'm a mess.
I either have the Rockin Pneumonia or the Boogie Woogie Flu.
Trying to take it easy.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 23, 2018, 06:46:07 PM »

Be well.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 24, 2018, 03:36:22 AM »

I'm a mess.
I either have the Rockin Pneumonia or the Boogie Woogie Flu.
Trying to take it easy.

Just as long as it's not the Rollin' Arthritis. Grin

Get well soon, E.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 25, 2018, 08:45:13 AM »

My taxes, which is like going to the dentist: it's not that hard, but there's just something so deeply unpleasant about it I'd rather do almost anything else. Mine aren't so complicated I have to involve a professional: one job, own a home, relatively simple investments and charitable donations, etc. But it's just the worst to do. If only every lobbyist on earth would be taken up in some sort of Rapture, leaving those remaining here below to actually, truly simplify the tax code...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 26, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »

Put 2 FB friends in "snooze for 30 days" mode. Might have to do it for one more.
They wouldn't stop posting things along the lines of "they're coming for our guns".
(Who are "they"?)
Might also have to snooze BBC if they don't stop posting stuff about Stormy Daniels.

I wanna see kitty cats, puppies and baby goats on FB. And my baby grandnephews. Not that other stuff.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 31, 2018, 08:42:09 PM »

Spent part of morning watching Malvina Reynolds bio and reading.
Later in the day decided to watch college basketball playoff game. I really hadn't been watching the games but thought I'd like to see the Loyola-Chicago team. Of course, when I turned on the game Loyola was winning but immediately started making mistakes and ended up losing. Sorry I jinxed the team!

Did some food prep this evening. Boiled eggs and potatoes for my Mom's potato salad
Sliced up a number of apples, then added flour, sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg for a Dutch Apple pie I'm making. Early tomorrow I'll make topping, flour, sugars, and then cut butter into mixture to make it crumbly, put it on top of Apple mixture, then bake.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 08, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »

It got muddy in streets - it'll be worse.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 08, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »

I hate muddy streets. It can be really hard trying to drive through them without getting stuck.
And walking in the mud, especially if not wearing the right shoes, is definitely no fun.

I went with my Mom today to a function at an Arboretum. We wanted to be able to enjoy the beautiful native plants in bloom but the paths were so muddy from rains that we had a lot of difficulty getting around. I couldn't push my Mom in the wheelchair, but had to walk backwards pulling it - and I'm feeling it tonight. Fortunately, we were able to eventually get to a wooden ramp leading to a room where we enjoyed some ice cream topped with strawberries.

And Mari, last night I had a dream that I had to go back to school. So there I am, and who else is there in a school uniform - you! Don't know if you look anything like you looked in the dream - long hair, on the petite side lol
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 09:45:09 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 14, 2018, 09:39:49 PM »

2NOLA BB Fan: When you walk in muds, it would be useful to buy wellingtons. Or, do you say "gum boots" in America?

Bought cat orange/ black scarf (can't knit - boring pastime). Inspired by film "Street Cat Named Bob" starring real ginger cat Bob. There, cute as button elderly lady made him Christmas gift - scarf. Bob looked like dandy with it. 3D I carried cat in shopping basket, he tried many patterns till choosing orange/ black. Cat fashionista! 3D When we got back, the cute creature refused to go without it. Cheesy

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2018, 09:32:47 AM »

Shoveled mountains of snow, about 14" average and drifts that more than doubled that. The sidewalks aren't bad, but the driveway, that's painful. We've officially now reached snowiest April on record ... and it's only mid-April. Hopefully there won't be much more to fall, but one never knows around here. (I heard the other day that July is the only month in which Minnesota has no snowfall on record. Every other month, even June and August, have had measurable snow at some point.)

Then I made a hot toddy, because I was cold and sore and cranky. I'm feeling better now, thanks.

The NBA playoff games begin today in half an hour, so that's going to take some of my day going forward.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2018, 10:00:41 AM »

I'm feeling better now, thanks.

The NBA playoff games begin today in half an hour, so that's going to take some of my day going forward.

Good to hear that, cap'n. Enjoy!

These days I'm sitting on a time bomb, a time bomb of frogspawn and toadspawn. Our small pond is full of the stuff (and I mean full!). When the bomb explodes, I expect to be spending all day and half the night carrying buckets of tadpoles down the road to the nearest canal. I suppose it might keep me out of trouble on BB forums... 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 15, 2018, 10:03:14 AM »

Now that's interesting. What would happen if you failed to transport the tadpoles? I'm assuming far more frogs and toads around than you'd prefer, followed by a somewhat massive die-off of same thanks to insufficient resources for them? I have to admit, that's a problem I've never encountered.

How far is the nearest canal?

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 15, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »

Now that's interesting. What would happen if you failed to transport the tadpoles? I'm assuming far more frogs and toads around than you'd prefer, followed by a somewhat massive die-off of same thanks to insufficient resources for them? I have to admit, that's a problem I've never encountered.

How far is the nearest canal?

That's exactly the problem. Well. this is the Netherlands, so there's water everywhere. To be accurate, where the tadpoles are going is not a canal but a singel, a grass- and tree-lined stretch of water following a road, with plenty of plant life (and later small creatures) for them to eat.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 15, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »

2NOLA BB Fan: When you walk in muds, it would be useful to buy wellingtons. Or, do you say "gum boots" in America?

Bought cat orange/ black scarf (can't knit - boring pastime). Inspired by film "Street Cat Named Bob" starring real ginger cat Bob. There, cute as button elderly lady made him Christmas gift - scarf. Bob looked like dandy with it. 3D I carried cat in shopping basket, he tried many patterns till choosing orange/ black. Cat fashionista! 3D When we got back, the cute creature refused to go without it. Cheesy
Answer question, Liz. I'm very curious. Very. Questions musn't be dismissed. OK?

If you don't know the answer, you should've said "I don't know". It's easy & better than non-answer, keep me waiting. I can't wait too long, you know? Like BBs sing. Or, maybe that question's lost, you don't see it? Maybe should highlight it in bold the way Nicko1234 (Smiley username)/ monolithic (same poster's PS username) does when quoting posters, either here before or there at PS currently.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:32:50 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2018, 09:01:22 AM »

Sorry didn't see your post. I'm a bit loopy dealing with a family emergency these past few days (and the situation has gotten worse)

I'm not familiar with "gum boots" as a term for rain boots, at least in this part of the country.

Down here, to be "authentic" one would wear white shrimp boots (called by different names such as "Cajun Reeboks")

At festivals such as our Jazz Fest women wear brightly colored, flowery boots when the grounds turn into a squishy muddy mess after a rainstorm.

My Dad had a pair of Wellingtons which I sometimes use when going out in mucky ground. Can't walk too much in them as they are several sizes too big.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 17, 2018, 09:47:53 PM »

Since Mikie reads Smiley, I'd like to say here as I can't at PS - I really enjoyed his posts in What makes you angry thread. At last, refreshing post to read, everybody's written mostly boring self-centered stuff. He brought up very good point & dose of sanity when he said that lotta people just "like" each other like V.I.P. club & that plenty "likes" would be given to pretty dumb, pointless one-liners indeed, yet bright well-written posts wouldn't get any. It puzzled me when I'd check some PS threads at random. Which means it's not just me who observed it. Being popular does help. Tongue & next thing - clearly, he didn't insult "usawoman", didn't call her names, nor did he jump there at her posts directly. He even put her username in quotes, i.e. it's the username he didn't like, not her. Tell you what, if Mikie listed the other name, not active PS poster, poster they got familiar with, got to talk with few times/ frequently BUT some perfect stranger who got few posts (not accessible music stuff either) or some kinda similar type, nobody would stand up for that poster & Mikie's namecheck would attract zero attention. Anyhoo, 2 cents.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 18, 2018, 12:52:08 AM »

Since Mikie reads Smiley, I'd like to say here as I can't at PS - I really enjoyed his posts in What makes you angry thread. At last, refreshing post to read, everybody's written mostly boring self-centered stuff. He brought up very good point & dose of sanity when he said that lotta people just "like" each other like V.I.P. club & that plenty "likes" would be given to pretty dumb, pointless one-liners indeed, yet bright well-written posts wouldn't get any. It puzzled me when I'd check some PS threads at random. Which means it's not just me who observed it. Being popular does help. Tongue & next thing - clearly, he didn't insult "usawoman", didn't call her names, nor did he jump there at her posts directly. He even put her username in quotes, i.e. it's the username he didn't like, not her. Tell you what, if Mikie listed the other name, not active PS poster, poster they got familiar with, got to talk with few times/ frequently BUT some perfect stranger who got few posts (not accessible music stuff either) or some kinda similar type, nobody would stand up for that poster & Mikie's namecheck would attract zero attention. Anyhoo, 2 cents.

He does read Smiley, doesn't he?  He even used your "rat's posterior" expression.  Grin

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 18, 2018, 12:56:30 AM »

He's banned, so he shouldn't be able to see the board.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 18, 2018, 02:53:08 AM »

Really? Does it work that way? That's a bit drastic, isn't it? I would have thought not being able to post was sufficient.

I was kicked off the old Capitol BB MB for insubordination but I could browse it from day one on.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 18, 2018, 04:06:07 AM »

clearly, he didn't insult "usawoman", didn't call her names, nor did he jump there at her posts directly. He even put her username in quotes, i.e. it's the username he didn't like, not her.

That’s complete nonsense.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 18, 2018, 11:02:16 AM »

Really? Does it work that way? That's a bit drastic, isn't it? I would have thought not being able to post was sufficient.

I was kicked off the old Capitol BB MB for insubordination but I could browse it from day one on.
I could be wrong, but that's the way I've always understood it to be. I know that it works that way over at PSF.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 18, 2018, 02:04:57 PM »

What did I do today? I may have made a grave mistake----only time will tell.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 18, 2018, 04:52:19 PM »

He does read Smiley, doesn't he?  He even used your "rat's posterior" expression.
Pure coincidence.

That’s complete nonsense.
The post in question was made to compliment Mikie's posts, not to hear people's opinions of it which I care zero about.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 18, 2018, 05:37:25 PM »

The purpose of your post is irrelevant to me, as is your opinion of Mikie’s post, but I had to address your absurd interpretation of its meaning.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 18, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »

Hey Captain - don't mean to make you the link to all things Pet Sounds Forum but if you ever get a chance, please tell Super Metroid that I think her debate posts are fantastic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: