-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435511 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 25, 2017, 04:03:21 AM »

Took it easy today. Sent to coffeehouse and read some of Dylan's Chronicles Volume One. He's in my city in 1989 trying to record an album, but so far the "chemistry" isn't there. Will he, producer Lanois and musicians finally click?

Avoided all shopping areas as it was Black Friday here in the US. It's called that because businesses hope that the sales will put them in the black (make a profit) for the year. Better than being in the red. Every year there are reports of fighting as customers are all trying to get at a particular item (usually some electronic device).

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 25, 2017, 05:08:13 AM »

Avoided all shopping areas as it was Black Friday here in the US. It's called that because businesses hope that the sales will put them in the black (make a profit) for the year. Better than being in the red. Every year there are reports of fighting as customers are all trying to get at a particular item (usually some electronic device).

Sad. And now there's Black Friday Week! LOL

This insanity has wafted over to the Netherlands: "Black Friday sales until the end of the month".

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #552 on: November 27, 2017, 06:42:54 AM »

Sad. And now there's Black Friday Week! LOL

This insanity has wafted over to the Netherlands: "Black Friday sales until the end of the month".

Black Friday is a joke now.   Most stores run Black Friday specials all Thanksgiving weekend, and some run even better deals as Christmas gets closer.   

Now, there's also Cyber Monday which is today, for online Christmas shopping. 
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 05, 2017, 03:23:19 AM »

Yesterday evening I got the last bits and bobs ready for today's Sinterklaas festivities while listening to a YouTube mix of Denny's music to celebrate the man's birthday. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:35 AM »

That sounds like a fun tradition!
I'm trying to get into the "spirit of the season."

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 05, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »

It's pledge time for the public television stations. To get people to send in money they schedule special programming.
Last night, with the dog at my feet and Mr Fuzzy purring on my lap, I watched Carole King perform Tapestry at Hyde Park. At one point she stood up and said "This is what 74 looks like." She looked good and sounded great.
 following this was the Moody Blues performing some hits, then the whole of Days of Future Passed. I was trying to harmonize but sounded awful; thankfully kitty didn't attack me!
Very enjoyable (and yes, I pledge money every month to the station).

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »

Maybe now Carole sings it better but back then, 1971 Tapestry, she failed to impress me. It's the album I dubbed "Didn't like it 1st time - never will". Songs not my bag, ditto voice.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: December 05, 2017, 11:07:26 PM »

Back at work full time

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 06, 2017, 12:16:04 AM »

Back at work full time

Wonderful!  w00t!

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 06, 2017, 01:24:30 AM »

Maybe now Carole sings it better but back then, 1971 Tapestry, she failed to impress me. It's the album I dubbed "Didn't like it 1st time - never will". Songs not my bag, ditto voice.

But give her props for the album cover- the cat!  :-)

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 06, 2017, 01:43:47 AM »

Back at work full time

Best news in a while.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 06, 2017, 04:01:50 AM »

But give her props for the album cover- the cat!  :-)
Yes, m'am, you're right, m'am. police Btw, to my taste, Carole King isn't pretty. Then again, curly hair makes anybody look dorky. Cheesy

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 07, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »

I've been going through a hair crisis recently. Dyed my hair dark auburn on Tuesday, on Wednesday decided I hated it and bleached it out to a horrific yellow orange color, and then got it done to close my natural shade of light brown this morning. As a result, I haven't gotten much sleep.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 10, 2017, 05:33:08 AM »

The view from my kitchen window an hour ago:

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 10, 2017, 05:41:15 AM »

It's beautiful! Can you tell what tree is it?

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 10, 2017, 11:58:08 AM »

It's beautiful! Can you tell what tree is it?

Thanks! We're very happy with it too. It's the autumn (or winter) flowering cherry:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/3345615/Winter-beauty-Prunus-x-subhirtella-Autumnalis.html

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 11, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »

Cherry trees are beautiful. The ones around here bloom in early Spring.

Went to the store and heard a lame cover of Little Saint Nick. The singer sang Run Run Reindeer in such a way as to not spur them on but with the result of keeping them stuck in neutral gear.

Opened a box of battery powered Christmas lights. On the list of instructions, obviously not written by a native English speaker, was the following:
 "6. To avoid the batteries and wiring dip into water." Oooookaaay!

Then heard on a TV show how much a donkey liked John Stamos, will leave it at that...

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »

Cherry trees are beautiful. The ones around here bloom in early Spring.

Went to the store and heard a lame cover of Little Saint Nick. The singer sang Run Run Reindeer in such a way as to not spur them on but with the result of keeping them stuck in neutral gear.

Opened a box of battery powered Christmas lights. On the list of instructions, obviously not written by a native English speaker, was the following:
 "6. To avoid the batteries and wiring dip into water." Oooookaaay!

Then heard on a TV show how much a donkey liked John Stamos, will leave it at that...

Lovely post, E. :=)

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2017, 02:06:10 AM »

Was reading about the Doors' final concert which took place in my city on 12 December 1970. Jim Morrison was a mess by that time and during one of the songs suddenly became catatonic. The rest of the band left for a while until he recovered, at which time he went on a tirade, banging the microphone stand into The Warehouse's stage floor with such force that it created a hole (which at least for some years was not repaired due to its musical historic importance).
The rest of the band decided that there would be no more concerts, and a few months later Morrison met his end in Paris. What a sorry business.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 19, 2017, 02:31:01 AM »

Today I accompanied the younger classes at my grandkids' school on the piano for their Christmas sing-song.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 20, 2017, 05:51:57 AM »

Today, however, I made Milk Bottle Man. He has since joined Baker Man and Toothbrush Man on the shelf in the living room.

All three gentlemen are made of Lego. Baker Man relocates to the kitchen top when a new loaf is to be taken out of the freezer that night. Toothbrush Man is to remind me to brush the dog's teeth every evening at eight after the news on TV.

Like Baker Man, Milk Bottle Man is to relocate to the kitchen top when there's only one packet of milk left and we need to buy more.

This unlikely trio has now been joined by Meatball Man, who appears on the kitchen top when I need to buy more mincemeat for my little doggie (for his daily meatball).

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 31, 2017, 05:11:08 PM »

JK, your dog gets a daily meatball? LOL. Love the Legos.

Happy New Year to everyone.

It's cold down here, forecast to be below freezing tonight. I have two beautiful poinsettia bushes that I had to cut back and cover up in an effort to keep them alive. We're supposed to have 5 nights in a row with below freezing temperatures, at least two with "hard freezes" (-5 C). With the hard freezes we have to worry about water pipes freezing, as the homes are raised up and the pipes exposed.
Do any of you have names for your trees, shrubs or other plants? I've had a huge clump of lemongrass for several years that will probably meet its end with the cold weather. I have harvested a little bit of it but there's so much of it now. Looking at it I immediately thought "Bob", as in Dylan's hair back in the day. Later on thought maybe I should have called it "Tina" instead after Ms Turner. Anyway Bob/Tina will soon be no more.

Tomorrow will cook a traditional New Years dinner of black eyed peas and cabbage.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 31, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »

Ha! You reply too late to JK's post. Tongue

New Year to me is just change of calendar, really. I didn't decorate house, didn't buy tree. Besides, what good will it do to buy fake tree? Maybe in America they sell real tree here & there - it's land of possibilities. But here only if you live in the village, with nature - then you can cut it & bring home. & it's really silly & pointless to decorate house with tinsel, bright toys when it's just me & cat. It's suitable for extended fam with kids & adults around. Still, bought postcard & gifts - to me & some selected relatives as I don't like everybody. I bet lotsa people sleeping right now after New Year night walk & fireworks. I didn't at all - if there's single day I can allow myself not to sleep, it's 31st December. police

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 31, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »

Well, better late than never. Oh, forgot to add cornbread to the New Years menu.

Couldn't sleep New Years Eve night - our neighborhood will sound like a war zone soon and I need to stay awake to comfort the dog and cats who will be freaking out. Hearing some "bombing" now. Will start to get really crazy in about 3 hours or so.

Maybe I should watch the Thin Man movies that are on TV tonight. They might distract BooBoo as he would want to see Asta the dog.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 01, 2018, 04:28:08 AM »

Couldn't sleep New Years Eve night - our neighborhood will sound like a war zone soon and I need to stay awake to comfort the dog and cats who will be freaking out. Hearing some "bombing" now. Will start to get really crazy in about 3 hours or so.

Sounds familiar, E. Our dog started barking with the first firecracker yesterday morning and hardly stopped until way past midnight. Still, it's over now (except for a few losers out there this morning).

I hope it went OK where you are. I said it in my Welcome topic but I'll say it here too----Happy New Year to you and to everyone here. :=)   

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: