-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435543 times)
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2016, 04:10:21 PM »

another day, another coat of paint.  Putting in some new rugs.  The Big clean-up before Fall/Winter - my favorite time of the year.  The place is really looking better!  Feeling Great, cause it's almost done.

and!  it's cooler today for the first time in two weeks, only 74 degrees -and less humidity.

also.  Being from Louisiana myself, my heart goes out to all the flood victims (including the animals).  Loved growing up in Monroe, and the years I lived in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
Always felt I didn't so much leave Louisiana - in my soul forever.  I left the heat.

NOLA BB Fan,  Louisiana will survive this.  Once saw the Ouachita River get near the top of the levee, but never spill over.  Saw a bridge between Monroe and West Monroe go under a couple of times.  What's happening to the swamps West of New Orleans?  Can the water get as high as those freeways (10 and 55)?  Did see a news report the other day on how some of the islands are disappearing South of New Orleans, tho.  The Gulf is in trouble.  Hang in there, the water will go down.  -Will
I looked it up.  Maurepas Swamp is flooding, and the Mississippi River flood control project has done a lot of damage.  I haven't been down there since 1980.  I love that whole area West and Northwest of New Orleans.  Hope the restoration of adding back fresh water from the Mississippi River will make things better.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:20:22 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2016, 04:15:49 PM »

huh...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2016, 04:19:15 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:17:26 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2016, 04:21:56 PM »

If scratching my head at your posts counts, that's what I did today.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:18:40 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »

Now I see why Jay got fed up with you.... Roll Eyes

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »

If somebody starts something, I reply back. I made innocent post, very trivial commenting dogs in the pictures. This could've been avoided if you didn't chime in.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2016, 04:34:30 PM »

For many people, a pet is considered to be family, not just an animal. So insulting someone's pet is like insulting a family member. That's why there was offense taken.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2016, 04:41:24 PM »

For many people, a pet is considered to be family, not just an animal. So insulting someone's pet is like insulting a family member. That's why there was offense taken.
I respect what you say, Billy, but in my, maybe unsophisticated, opinion, calling one's dog "not cute" & the other saying *looks like*, not really *being* plush toy, isn't insult. But OK, time to end this nonsense. Better just add SB to ignore feature.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2016, 04:46:18 PM »

Sigh.... Back on topic, I applied to graduate school today!

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »

also.  Being from Louisiana myself, my heart goes out to all the flood victims (including the animals).  Loved growing up in Monroe, and the years I lived in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
Always felt I didn't so much leave Louisiana - in my soul forever.  I left the heat.

NOLA BB Fan,  Louisiana will survive this.  Once saw the Ouachita River get near the top of the levee, but never spill over.  Saw a bridge between Monroe and West Monroe go under a couple of times.  What's happening to the swamps West of New Orleans?  Can the water get as high as those freeways (10 and 55)?  Did see a news report the other day on how some of the islands are disappearing South of New Orleans, tho.  The Gulf is in trouble.  Hang in there, the water will go down.  -Will
I looked it up.  Maurepas Swamp is flooding, and the Mississippi River flood control project has done a lot of damage.  I haven't been down there since 1980.  I love that whole area West and Northwest of New Orleans.  Hope the restoration of adding back fresh water from the Mississippi River will make things better.

Hello, yes, the Interstates did flood this past week. In fact, on Interstate 12 northwest of New Orleans, hundreds of people were stranded in their cars for more than 24 hours.
Yes, our state is in trouble, and it's only a matter of time before New Orleans will be on the coast. A great book to read about thus is Bayou Farewell, by Mike Tidwell.

As to what I did today, not much, really. Will watch that Mike "surf and beach music " show, coming on in a couple of minutes.
Tomorrow will get more cat and dog food, leashes, bowls etc to donate for animals left homeless by the floods.
Also will check on our readiness in case a hurricane comes this way - there is a system in the Atlantic that might make life miserable for people somewhere on the US coast next week. Hopefully not, but...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:04:36 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2016, 05:04:01 PM »

My dog is indifferent to all comments because she loves everyone. And that's the true beauty of dogs Smiley

Sigh.... Back on topic, I applied to graduate school today!
Hey, that's cool. What kind of program/degree are you going for?

I went for a run, went to "work" (unpaid internship), and did some errands. Been a decent day I suppose.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2016, 05:06:21 PM »

Public Administration since I eventually want to work in government!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »

And that's the true beauty of dogs
I didn't say she looks ugly, btw. I think you generalize about dogs liking everyone. That's impossible.

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2016, 05:19:50 PM »

Public Administration since I eventually want to work in government!
Well, good luck with getting in. It's always nice when you at least know what you want to do with your life! Smiley

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting to get done with undergraduate schooling...

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 23, 2016, 07:29:21 PM »

It's always nice when you at least know what you want to do with your life! Smiley

Amen to that. I'm 59 and still trying to figure that out!

Had to hold off until tomorrow getting pet supplies. Instead, went to coffeehouse. Am reading Ernest Hemingway's A Moveable Feast about living in Paris during the 1920s. Entertaining. He and his wife go out but can't afford a babysitter for their young son. So who is to protect him? Their cat! "M. Puss" (that's his name) sleeps next to the baby and supposedly won't allow anyone near him.

Tonight, am getting more nervous about a tropical system in the Atlantic. If it develops, looks like our area can be in big trouble next week. Hoping it's wrong - but our bad storms lately always seem to hit the week before Labor Day (US holiday, first Monday in September)

Was so flustered that in texting a message to a dear friend, instead of a smiley face I somehow sent her a middle finger instead!  Thud

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2016, 03:04:52 AM »

Tonight, am getting more nervous about a tropical system in the Atlantic. If it develops, looks like our area can be in big trouble next week. Hoping it's wrong - but our bad storms lately always seem to hit the week before Labor Day (US holiday, first Monday in September)

Over here it's going to be hot today and even hotter tomorrow----35 degrees is extreme in the Netherlands. I hope that system of yours stays away. Haven't you had enough bad weather for a while? 

Was so flustered that in texting a message to a dear friend, instead of a smiley face I somehow sent her a middle finger instead!  Thud

LOL 

When you sign it with their name----that's the time to start worrying!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »

I'm struggling to pay rent... as in, I can't log in to my online account.

The money is there but the means is not Sad

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 28, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »

That really is a bummer, M. :=(

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 28, 2016, 03:17:14 PM »

That really is a bummer, M. :=(
I got it all figured out I think! It was just me struggling with online banking stuff; nothing severe.

I haven't done much today other than watch House Hunters... and I'm in good company, so that's always nice Smiley

halblaineisgood
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »

Ate a bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies.

My sister bought them and gave them to me.

It's not my fault!!!  police

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »

Ate a bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies.

My sister bought them and gave them to me.

It's not my fault!!!  police

Relax, Hal----I'd say you had little choice in the matter. The words "thing" and "decent" come to mind, not necessarily in that order. LOL   

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:06 PM »

Finished reading A Moveable Feast. Hemingway thinks Dostoyevsky is boring. Oh well.

Not able to directly help in the monumental cleanup effort and tending to homeless pets in areas west of here (as I need to take care of my Mom), went online and donated a lot of cat food to be delivered to one of the pickup points. At the grocery store, bought food and cleanup items and placed in the bins provided. Wish I could do more.

Talked to my Uncle in Hawaii. He and my Aunt who isn't well left the "big island" where they live, as it is threatened by a tropical storm called Madeline. They are in Honolulu now. Hope they won't be affected by Hurricane Lester which is going by there this weekend. Over here, we are okay but a storm is going towards Florida, possibly causing extreme flooding. Crazy weather!

Got a book today - Richard Halliburton's Complete Book of Marvels. We had this book when I was growing up and loved to read about his world travels. He was an adventurer who died at sea in 1941. Love travel books and would appreciate suggestions for further reading. Particularly love books from around 100 years or so ago.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:48:29 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 03, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »

The morning was a mixture of falling in and out of sleep and fumbling around on my phone.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: