-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435406 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2016, 05:36:11 PM »

I just walked into my living room, and everyone is gone, and some guy I've never seen before is snoring on my couch.

Is it Kyle? Because I've had that experience.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2016, 07:24:33 PM »

Well yesterday I went to Kew and visited my first high school for the first time in around 5 years. It was quite an experience, and a joy to see everyone again after such a long time. Before I got there, I went to a book/CD store and purchased Dick Dale's album "King Of The Surf Guitar". Looking forward to listening to that. On a bit of a down note, I was disgusted to hear that only a couple of blocks away from where I was, the house where Gough Whitlam was born in was torn down and demolished. It's a terrible shame, I had always thought about going there and paying my respects to a legendary Prime Minister.....
Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2016, 12:06:23 AM »

just walked past this late nite karaoke bar. this gorgeous girl outside smoking said hi and we chatted for a bit. she told me she just sang Kokomo and that i should come up there and have some fun. had to run home first (2 blocks away) and when i got back she was gone.  Huh FML

She did say she was drunk tho, so idk...maybe she had to throw up  Embarrassed Of course i'm a gentleman, so I would NEVER take advantage of someone in an inebriated state  police
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:09:17 AM by Bittersweet-Insanity » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2016, 03:51:27 PM »

I received a fabulous haircut.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2016, 07:28:23 PM »

Saw some guys from HBO filming their new TV series (Big Little Liars) at the hotel I've been staying at. Caught a glimpse of one of the actors (Alexander Sarsgard).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:29:39 PM by BachelorsDegreeInBullets » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »

When the sitter arrived to look after Mom for 6 hours, I drove to a local coffeehouse. On the way listened to BBC World Service, and heard part of interview with Sir Paul. Said that he was, one could say, a "fish out of water" when the Beatles broke up, as he had always been part of a group, never solo. Also spoke about misgivings dealing with Allen Klein. The whole interview, Mastertapes, can be seen on BBC4

After arriving, got an iced mocha and spent 2 hours reading Southern US author Walker Percy's novel, Love in the Ruins, one of two books (the other being The Moviegoer) to be discussed at a Walker Percy conference I'll be attending the first weekend of June.

Then went to a local 'greasy spoon' for lunch, then back home for more reading and fixing dinner for Mom.

Tonight will possibly catch up watching the TV series, Call the Midwife, but need to be in the right mood as the shows this season have been very weepy to say the least. Will probably watch some old Fawlty Towers afterwards for comic relief

CHANGE OF PLANS: Decided to watch The Birds, which I recorded a couple of days ago. Read that Brian recommended this movie highly!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:51:23 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2016, 06:57:56 AM »

Eating a big bowl of home-grown strawberries and sour cream as I type this.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2016, 09:23:01 AM »

You grew them yourself? That sounds awesome!

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2016, 12:35:01 PM »

Splendid! 3D Did your better half grow it? You should be proud. Is strawberry in general popular culture in Netherlands?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2016, 12:44:47 PM »

As RR suspected, my better half grew them.

My son has a modest organic allotment but no time to tend it so my wife looks after it. She often brings a few vegetables home.

Almost forgot: strawberries are very popular in the Netherlands and they're in season right now...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:47:08 PM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »

As RR suspected, my better half grew them. My son has a modest organic allotment but no time to tend it so my wife looks after it. She often brings a few vegetables home.
Runs in the family? 3D May I ask - is your fam vegetarian?

Almost forgot: strawberries are very popular in the Netherlands and they're in season right now...
Cool. It's very expensive to buy it where I live. In season here is blueberry & cowberry (redberry?) & in swamp places - cloudberry.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2016, 03:54:24 PM »

Runs in the family? 3D May I ask - is your fam vegetarian?

Sorry, saw this but then forgot to answer it.

No, we're not vegetarians. But we're not raging carnivores either. A little meat goes a long way. We eat more fish than meat (I can't imagine a life without fish)...

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2016, 04:32:56 PM »

No, we're not vegetarians. But we're not raging carnivores either. A little meat goes a long way. We eat more fish than meat (I can't imagine a life without fish)...
Sea food is great, yes. Some cannot stand it, esp. fish & laminaria. I like it. I'd like to taste oysters. They must be delicious.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2016, 08:08:05 PM »

Meanwhile here I am avoiding seafood like the plague - and has been for nearly 10 years. The smell, taste and texture makes me sick....
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2016, 09:53:15 PM »

Meanwhile here I am avoiding seafood like the plague - and has been for nearly 10 years. The smell, taste and texture makes me sick....
The last bit is typically what sea food "haters" say. Different taste buds? Do you like dairy meals & eggs? Imo boring taste; may buy little milk - 250-500 ml to use for baking cookies.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:01:58 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2016, 02:42:29 AM »

Sea food is great, yes. Some cannot stand it, esp. fish & laminaria. I like it. I'd like to taste oysters. They must be delicious.

Oysters are delicious----not that I eat them that often. They're a rare delicacy.  

bluesno1fann
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2016, 06:02:14 PM »

The last bit is typically what sea food "haters" say. Different taste buds? Do you like dairy meals & eggs? Imo boring taste; may buy little milk - 250-500 ml to use for baking cookies.

When it comes to dairy and eggs, I'm largely indifferent - though I do really like cheese
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2016, 06:25:51 PM »

I have problems with milk products, especially some cheeses. As time goes by I become sicker when eating dairy. Perhaps a little bit of yogurt, that's it.
Being where I am, have to love seafood. Last night, grilled some catfish. Tonight, made stuffed mirlitons with shrimp. Mirlitons, also known in the rest of the US as chayote squash, are used in our local cooking mainly stuffed for Thanksgiving dinner in November. However, our city didn't have any freezing weather this past winter, so the mirliton vines produced a second late spring crop. A friend of mine gave me a couple of them from his backyard garden.
Just now have made zucchini banana blueberry bread, 2 loaves 1 to give to my "mirliton" friend who's having his birthday tomorrow. The blueberries are from our bushes at our "dacha" lol.
Just sitting here, a kitty on my lap, looking at the mess of a kitchen that needs to be cleaned up. But I can't disturb my kitty cat!  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:34:41 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2016, 02:39:05 AM »

Open Day at the allotment (coffee, cake, pasties). And in the evening a concert by Sir Simon Rattle and the Berlin Phil (Elgar, Beethoven, Dvorak).

Read my welcome thread when I got back. Had to pinch myself a few times. Well, at least it's all channelled in one place now. And to an outsider "Oops" is an innocent enough name for a topic----isn't it? 3D 

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2016, 03:12:26 AM »

Read my welcome thread when I got back. Had to pinch myself a few times. Well, at least it's all channelled in one place now. And to an outsider "Oops" is an innocent enough name for a topic----isn't it? 3D  

Not any more it isn't.  Grin

Yesterday morning I attended a demonstration of ballet by my granddaughter and her class (think five- to seven-year-olds), listened to and chatted with a former musical confrere during the local jazz festival in the afternoon and spent the evening in a church listening to choral music sung by the choir of my chorister friend whom I help with her parts. A day full of music. :=)        
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:42:23 AM by john k » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2016, 03:16:05 PM »

Took my little dog to the vet to have his teeth cleaned----under narcosis. Poor little fella. Still, by the end of the day he was his usual bouncy self again. Had a good laugh (and some excellent Belgian beer) watching a strong Iceland beat a feeble England in the Euro 1016 campaign. Another Brexit, as Mendota Heights (Andersson across the road) rightly pointed out. LOL 

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »

Spent first half of day in the hospital with elevated blood pressure. Am home now and here I am.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »

Trying to deal with the heat. I know, it's SUPPOSED to be hot down here in July, but it has been a bit out of hand these past few days.
My Mom wanted more color around her house, which is surrounded by large rose bushes that bloom in spring and fall. So I planted lots of heat loving plants including coneflowers, Texas sage, Pentas, cleomes, and purslane (portolaca). Wax begonias in shady spots. Also tulsi (Holy Basil), sweet banana peppers, Malabar spinach and native milkweed to attract Monarch butterflies. Will sow some zinnia seeds, and moonflowers.
The "heat index" hit dangerous levels the last couple of days, reaching over 45 degrees Celsius (114F). And the big weather news is that the low temperatures are incredibly high (record levels), so there's no opportunity to cool off at all at night. Our "low" temperatures have been over 28 degrees Celsius (83F). Add high humidity to the mix and its positively oppressive.
We get rain all around us, with the thunder and impressive light shows, but the rain always seems to miss us. So I have no choice but to water our plants with the chemical laden city water. Our drinking water comes from the Mississippi. Someone flushes a toilet in Pittsburgh, St Louis, Memphis and we get to drink it.  Undecided

Would like to add that, along with seeing the pretty flowers, other relaxing things took place. Spent a good deal of time reading Guralnick's Volume One of Elvis' biography (Last Train to Memphis). Listened to some of his Sun recordings. Then got into the mood for Gospel quartets, Blackwood Brothers and the Statesmen.
Finally listening to classic soul/r&b from our iconic Soul Queen, Irma Thomas.
Needed to listen to good music after all the controversy about a shooting that took place in Baton Rouge and has made national headlines.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:42:22 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »

Slept extremely poor last night, only got about two hours of actual sleep. Then trying to activate my new debit card got me nowhere and wasted a good 20 minutes of my time. And then immediately after I stubbed my toe. Then I had to wait for over two hours to take my driving test (I was dead last on the list). I failed on the last turn.

So yeah, not the best day.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »

Moving this weekend, or rather, moving everything into storage. Was trying to find people to help us move and was amazed at how people had plans all of a sudden. Nothing like someone with heart issues moving heavy furniture by themselves!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: