-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435513 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2016, 04:53:47 AM »

john k,  See you are here today, right now checking/catching up on this very thread.  Good Morning. -Will

Good afternoon to you, Will. And thanks for the belated birthday wishes!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »

I read this and had an aneurysm:

"Adult/Child: Planned Release Date: Fall 1977

Reason It Was Shelved: Adult Child was recorded in 1966 through 1967 which was the same year Brian Wilson left The Beach Boys due to personal issues after the Pet Sounds project. Many of the songs can be found on bootlegs or have been leaked online but after it was rejected by Warner Bros. in 1977, it has never been officially released to the disappointment of many Beach Boy fans as it is chronicles Wilson's decline."

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08/50-unreleased-albums-that-wed-kill-to-hear/brian-wilson-adult-child

Whoever is writing that is very clueless.  Not on just the Brian/Beach Boys album, but many of the others I wasted my time to read, today.  I've owned Adult/Child since 1984.  It wasn't hard to find.  I hope that one day it is officially released, but the boot sounds fine.  I have an even better Cd version these days.

That bit on the unreleased Hendrix album is BS.  Janie has been releasing "bottom of the barrel" Jimi music for many years.  She would put it out if any of it was even half-good.  She is having trouble keeping even uber fans interested.  I was at Atlanta Pop 1970.  Hendrix wasn't close to the best act there.  I have yet to buy it.  If the price gets down to $10, I might buy the Blu-ray.  I have the Showtime version on my DVr.  It's okay.  Janie is such a jerk to put some of the tracks on as a bonus only.  If it was in the show, put it in the show.  Same thing with the Brian Las Vegas Blu-ray.  Why do I have to go back into the menu to see the "bonus tracks"?  If it's in the show, put it in the show.  Those were two of the better songs Brian did that night.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2016, 05:27:48 AM »

Today during a major clean-up I was presented (by my better half) with a box full of my old diaries, a quarter of a century all told. It will be fun revisiting descriptions of holidays of years past. (I shan't spend much time on the other bits, lol.)  

Sounds like that could be interesting.  I used to keep diaries, but my life is so ordinary now I suspect many of the pages would be blank.  And hey, we have this thread just in case something does happen today.

I'm off to check/catch up on other threads I've missed...  I do have to go to the doctor today for a chest x-ray.  See, not too interesting.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2016, 05:36:48 AM »

One more, to get my thread count up.  I'm almost to 1000.  Perhaps by the end of today.  But not if I go off on one of my meandering, stream of consciousness posts, like I did in the Oops thread the other night.  I was doing that for near an hour.  When I read that back the next morning, I noticed it referred to several different threads I had been reading.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2016, 04:42:21 AM »

At Black Sabbath right now, the song they're currently playing is Hand Of Doom. Really incredible, helped that I had a good smoke beforehand
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2016, 05:21:37 AM »

2john k: thanks for the wiki link. Looks good. Though tbh, I don't know what either bacon or ginger tastes like. But I like meat so I think it'll be right up my alley.

2NOLA BB Fan: we call summer houses "dacha". Not sure why the hostess laughed, it's a common word. They aren't supposed to have inside plumbing; people take manure in special cabin outside and wash hands under water dispenser. Cook on an iron stove and it serves like heating - you toss the wood inside and light it. Bathe in a barrel. That said, the rich can afford modern conveniences in their dachas. While there is special pancake holiday Shrovetide, they can be made anytime. We never did them in summer though. We ate cowberry, blueberry and mushrooms. sometimes granny would boil black pudding. It's as much special dish as black caviar.

2feelsflow: you will not get to 1000 posts in the Sandbox. It is place for off-topic, the post count stays the same.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2016, 05:30:19 AM »

At Black Sabbath right now, the song they're currently playing is Hand Of Doom. Really incredible, helped that I had a good smoke beforehand

That's awesome.  I thought about buying a ticket to see them one more time, especially when I found out they've been playing Hand of Doom.

But, I wanted my last Black Sabbath memory to be of Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill (the lineup I saw in 2001, 2004, and 2005). 

Plus, spent some concert ticket money for Ghost, Guns N Roses, and Brian Wilson. 
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2016, 05:39:31 AM »

I see, we're quite a few Aries's here. Belated congrats everyone! Btw, mine is today! And I'm celebrating it right now - for what it's worth - by trying to spread some good vibrations here in The Sandbox, aided by very talented poets!!

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
KDS
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2016, 05:43:43 AM »

I see, we're quite a few Aries's here. Belated congrats everyone! Btw, mine is today! And I'm celebrating it right now - for what it's worth - by trying to spread some good vibrations here in The Sandbox, aided by very talented poets!!

Happy Birthday
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2016, 05:44:35 AM »

Many happy returns, Rasmus. (Returns being very much the operative word in your case!)   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2016, 05:50:07 AM »

forgot to ask you, john - you mentioned devouring chocolate - what are the famous Dutch chocolates/ candy? maybe wiki link?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2016, 07:30:38 AM »

forgot to ask you, john - you mentioned devouring chocolate - what are the famous Dutch chocolates/ candy? maybe wiki link?
Did I? Your memory is better than mine!

These look pretty typical (and pretty mouthwateringly scrumptious):

https://puccinibomboni.com/bonbons/?lang=en

All the way from Amsterdamee!

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2016, 08:31:33 AM »

2NOLA BB Fan: we call summer houses "dacha". Not sure why the hostess laughed, it's a common word. They aren't supposed to have inside plumbing; people take manure in special cabin outside and wash hands under water dispenser. Cook on an iron stove and it serves like heating - you toss the wood inside and light it. Bathe in a barrel. That said, the rich can afford modern conveniences in their dachas. While there is special pancake holiday Shrovetide, they can be made anytime. We never did them in summer though. We ate cowberry, blueberry and mushrooms. sometimes granny would boil black pudding. It's as much special dish as black caviar

RANGE ROVER: I think our hostess laughed because the house had been in her mother's family and perhaps was used as a summer home, but at that time (1991) it was her family's permanent home.
We didn't have to go outside to take care of our "business" as there was a privy attached to the back of the house. They used newspaper to wipe. We had each brought and left there several rolls of good quality tissue paper which our hostess greatly appreciated.
We didn't bathe in a barrel. Our hostess, a little woman who nonetheless had very strong arms, would carry in two large pails of water, She would heat one of the pails then bring the two pails into the spacious bathroom. We'd mix some of the cold and hot water to take what we call "cat baths". I did get to take a shower once. It was outdoors in a little stall. A fire was set to heat the water.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:34:23 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2016, 06:16:21 PM »

I cut my nails with a pair of scissors.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2016, 08:02:09 PM »

Well, it's the 20th day of the 4th month.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »

Semi-famous on the Tame Impala subreddit, I guess..

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2016, 11:33:22 PM »

Actually you said "croissants" but I was meaning to ask about chocolate later. Fantastic collection!

2NOLA BB Fan: well you're lucky then. Could be worse.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:57:53 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2016, 11:35:06 PM »

Is it special day? I am not sure what's about it.

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2016, 01:47:18 AM »

Cannabis day in the US.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2016, 02:00:00 AM »

Cannabis day in the US.

Not only in the U.S., it seems...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C4bEC8odz4

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2016, 02:21:01 AM »

Well that's certainly a *very* special day. How could I forget it?..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:35:02 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2016, 05:05:25 AM »

Actually you said "croissants" but I was meaning to ask about chocolate later. Fantastic collection!

These come quite close:

Sometimes they have chocolate on the top as well...

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2016, 05:25:53 AM »

Thanks! It's too late now but I know what I'm going to buy tomorrow. 3D

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2016, 12:12:13 AM »

Started a band.

We got together and played for about 4 hours today. I wanted to name us The Mulberries, and now we're called The Mulberries. Way back before the band started, we worked on different songs based on the alphabet and corresponding musical notes/chords. The song for F is called "Forget About It," and I love that song. We still don't have one for D or E, and A is up in the air at this point. I suggested we round up all the songs, release them as an EP called ABCDEP, and then move onto other stuff. Work on those continues on Friday.

I'm looking forward to starting the new, not-overtly-silly music soon. Because we have a female in the band, I'd love to do something Pastels-y. I've written music for about four or five songs, but writing lyrics is a real struggle for me. I find it bizarre I can't translate my love of writing to writing lyrics.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:26:11 AM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2016, 03:42:43 AM »

Last night went to a small party. Had around 4-5 Carlton Dry Lime Beers, though it was the joints and bongs that was the main scene there. Needless to say, it was one hell of a time!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: