-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:41:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So what did we all do today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So what did we all do today?  (Read 435526 times)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2016, 12:22:49 PM »

Are you angry because they drank your invisibility potion?

Maybe the person is a transformer. 
Hahaha! Reading that while looking at that suburban sedan cracks me up.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2016, 05:43:18 PM »

Woke up stupidly early (like 5am) worrying about stuff. Got the kids up and off to school. Had a long chat with their mum (we're separated) which was surprisingly positive. Came home, took my girlfriend out for dinner (slow cooked brisket), game of pool, pack home had a nap from which I awoke having a massive anxiety dream about work. Went to said work (filming a band, this time a bunch of guys in their 60's pumping out some very decent Rock N Roll), came home, popped to supermarket, had some *ahem* libations, currently browsing through the internet listening to music as girlfriend has had many libations and is currently laid on the floor... (this is usual behaviour....)

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2016, 06:06:03 AM »

currently browsing through the internet listening to music as girlfriend has had many libations and is currently laid on the floor... (this is usual behaviour....)

LOL

Got up at 8:30. Bought and devoured chocolate croissants with my better half. Read booklet of Black Star (haven't played it yet). Walked dog (alone, if you exclude the dog). Tweaked and posted the palindrome that had kept me up until 1.30. Listened to some rap. Went out and got meself some new long-distance glasses, so the world now looks a lot sharper than it did. (New reading glasses next week.) Really looking forward to libations later, hopefully retaining a more or less vertical state...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

I cleaned up the kitchen really well yesterday (we rotate weekly chores at the apartment) and it's already messy..........

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »

Read booklet of Black Star (haven't played it yet).

Far and away the best album of this year, and one of the five best of the decade, I'd say.

As for me? Breakfast of oatmeal and coffee. Ran. Hated it. Several moves in various games of Words With Friends. Made banana bread (well, made the batter) while listening to an interview of Sheldon Wolin by Chris Hedges. Investigated Lebanese 7-Spice--which seems to have at least a dozen spices listed among its magical seven depending upon where one looks--as I am going to try something along those lines for dinner later. And looked up, just now, delighted to see some sunshine.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »

Sunshine all day over here. Went to a pancake restaurant in the woods with the entire family----a birthday tradition----where one of my presents was...Love and Mercy! I can hold my head up high from now on.  Cool Guy   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
yonderhillside
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »

I read this and had an aneurysm:

"Adult/Child: Planned Release Date: Fall 1977

Reason It Was Shelved: Adult Child was recorded in 1966 through 1967 which was the same year Brian Wilson left The Beach Boys due to personal issues after the Pet Sounds project. Many of the songs can be found on bootlegs or have been leaked online but after it was rejected by Warner Bros. in 1977, it has never been officially released to the disappointment of many Beach Boy fans as it is chronicles Wilson's decline."

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08/50-unreleased-albums-that-wed-kill-to-hear/brian-wilson-adult-child
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2016, 02:03:51 AM »

Read booklet of Black Star (haven't played it yet).

Far and away the best album of this year, and one of the five best of the decade, I'd say.

Played it on Saturday. Incredible! Of course, it's a pretty grim listen ("Look up, I'm in heaven")----the black letters on a black ground are a perfect reflection of the music. I must pluck up courage and play it again soon...   

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2016, 05:47:58 AM »

Sunshine all day over here. Went to a pancake restaurant in the woods with the entire family----a birthday tradition----where one of my presents was...Love and Mercy! I can hold my head up high from now on.  Cool Guy   
Pancake restaurant? Cool! We have a holiday annually that lasts 7 days during which people cook pancakes & serve it in the streets for free. I'm a big fan. What kind of pancake you ate - with jam or meat fillings? or maybe sour milk? Any is yummy! 3D
Best wishes & Happy birthday!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2016, 05:56:26 AM »

Pancake restaurant? Cool! We have a holiday annually that lasts 7 days during which people cook pancakes & serve it in the streets for free. I'm a big fan. What kind of pancake you ate - with jam or meat fillings? or maybe sour milk? Any is yummy! 3D
Best wishes & Happy birthday!

Thank you! I myself ate a rather offbeat pancake with bacon and ginger, lol. Bacon is normal, apple too, maybe banana...

More general info here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannekoek

Sounds good----an entire week of pancakes!   

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »

Oh, pancakes!
RangeRover, I had some of the most delicious pancakes ever while in Russia. We stayed with a family for a couple of weeks in a house outside Moscow (which our hostess laughingly called her 'dacha.') The house didn't have indoor plumbing but thank goodness did have heat.

For Breakfast she would fix delicious pancakes and crepes ('blinis') along with the most flavorful melons. Her husband drank lots of vodka with every meal - didn't know how he could stand it!

As for what I did today - nothing of note during the day, but enjoyed some time this evening listening to theme songs from 3 British TV programmes from the 60s - Danger Man, The Avengers, and The Prisoner. Just love how the British themes sounded, so groovy, neat, outasite.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »

hung out with a friend for like 20 minutes before he had to drive 3 hours back home :/

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2016, 01:52:14 AM »

Split my black suit trousers crouching down at the photocopier  Brow

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2016, 12:01:27 AM »

Started a band.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2016, 12:05:47 AM »

Started a band.

Nice. What genre will it be, who are the main influences and which instrument are you playing?
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2016, 12:24:55 AM »

I'm not really sure what the answer to your first two questions are yet. I just asked a couple of close, musical friends I've known for years, and they all enthusiastically agreed. I've done various musical stuff with them in the past (including an unfinished concept album about fruit called Fruit Medley). My friend's girlfriend is in the band, and she's a great singer, so I'm exited about having female vocals in the mix. It's always been a dream of mine to write quirky duets a-la "Let's Put Our Hearts Together."

I'll end up playing a lot of keyboards, rhythm guitar, bass, and hopefully some singing.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2016, 02:15:21 AM »

Spent yesterday evening with one of my friends in my local pub putting the world to right while drinking some rather good beers.
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2016, 05:10:57 AM »

I'm not really sure what the answer to your first two questions are yet. I just asked a couple of close, musical friends I've known for years, and they all enthusiastically agreed. I've done various musical stuff with them in the past (including an unfinished concept album about fruit called Fruit Medley). My friend's girlfriend is in the band, and she's a great singer, so I'm exited about having female vocals in the mix. It's always been a dream of mine to write quirky duets a-la "Let's Put Our Hearts Together."

I'll end up playing a lot of keyboards, rhythm guitar, bass, and hopefully some singing.

So your friend and his girlfriend are in the band? Sounds like trouble down the line. When you make it big, and they want to take the band in another direction (much to your dismay), you'll be outvoted. Better break it off now  Cool
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2016, 05:20:51 AM »

So your friend and his girlfriend are in the band? Sounds like trouble down the line. When you make it big, and they want to take the band in another direction (much to your dismay), you'll be outvoted. Better break it off now  Cool

O ye of little faith!  LOL

Good luck with your venture, sir.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2016, 05:30:08 AM »

I was thinking more about when they break up and she starts dating Bubs, a la Fleetwood Mac / Jefferson Airplane.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2016, 12:08:32 AM »

Started a band.
I'll buy your first album.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2016, 04:33:25 AM »

I got angry with this person:

Today...  for some reason I'm catching up on this thread.  I know from this post, that the last time I was here was 4 April.  Husker Dude, you never gave us the lowdown on why you got angry...

Guess it was a transformer then.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2016, 04:47:14 AM »

Sounds like that was fun.  Most posters don't make their age visible, so didn't know when your birthday was.  We are both Aries.  Good sign, no wonder we get along.

Happy Birthday!  Only eight days later, as to fit in with the Today idea.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2016, 04:50:05 AM »

john k,  See you are here today, right now checking/catching up on this very thread.  Good Morning. -Will

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2016, 04:52:12 AM »

Today during a major clean-up I was presented (by my better half) with a box full of my old diaries, a quarter of a century all told. It will be fun revisiting descriptions of holidays of years past. (I shan't spend much time on the other bits, lol.)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: