gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:12:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Absolute favorite BB track?  (Read 13996 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »

All I Wanna Do
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »

All great choices. The greatness of the music is that so many songs can resonate so strongly. The music contains multitudes.

And everyone who's slogged their way through my stuff here knows already what my pick is--counterintuitive and cracked as it most definitely is...representing "Carl's Big Chance" to refashion the band into something that combined roots music dynamics with the elliptical songwriting form/structure that is a dead giveaway for his big brother...even as it joyously evades virtually all other identifying touches as a song belonging to the BBs. And all hailing the lightning precision of Ricky Fataar!

Always a jolt of sheer joy when I hear the piano kick in...knowing what's coming...joy that often morphs into happy tears which are my "burst of (your) raindrop" that "keeps a flow in my river." And it flows with all its unique funky curlicues into the most unusual, densely packed, and kick-ass coda in the band's incredible storehouse of closing tags.

You know I don't need to mention it by name, now...that would make a mess of things and not help anyone to see it for themselves and take such a stand against the grain, in a region beyond the conventional and familiar, the commonly accepted, all by oneself and utterly alone...

No, I don't need to do that...even if "she don't know a thing"!  Cool Guy

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx