-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:30:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Is it Me or is that people always talk more about Brian and Dennis than Carl??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it Me or is that people always talk more about Brian and Dennis than Carl??  (Read 40978 times)
Paulos
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »

It's at moments like this when you should ask yourself... what would Al Jardine do?

Al would tell us something that is supposed to be top secret, and then tell us that whatever we do, make sure we keep it clean...
dyan61
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »

Is anyone here actually interested in discussing the subject? I do feel that Carl is very underrated by the BB's fans, I guess Brian and Dennis were more colorful with all their highly documented problems (although we seem to talk a lot about Carl's rather brief period of drug abuse in the late 70's). There's a lot to be said for being quiet and dependable (as Al has been), but it doesn't get the headlines.

I agree, Carl seems to be often overlooked.  I really miss him he seemed like a lovely man as well as being an enormous talent, as you say he was the quiet one and didn't draw as much attention to himself as Brian and Dennis did.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 12:08:20 AM »

One thing that annoyed me, back in 1988 when Brian's solo debut came out, he got tons of write ups in the music zines, but they wanted to talk mostly about the situation with Landy, instead of the album. It just seemed the controversy with Landy overshadowed the music. I'm not gonna say that prevented the album from being a big seller, but I felt it was minor miracle to have an album at all from Brian...and then to have it be the quality it was. But I guess Brian was meant to be a cult artist. I'm speaking Brian Wilson, solo artist.
EthanJClarke93
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 01:07:53 AM »

i was trying to make a book on Carl

Couldn't find a translator?

Couldn't find a translator, when you do get make sure you stick up your fucking ass  Grin
EthanJClarke93
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 01:09:46 AM »

For some reason, i feel that people always talk more about Brian and Dennis than Carl. besides the usual stories, i've always wondered maybe there's stuff we never knew vice versa?

I had the change the name of the subject cause people were complaining, like 5 year old mentally challanged children -_- fml.

No need to be a dick. It's called board etiquette. It's just annoying that people don't follow some easy to understand rules.

I shouldn't be called a dick, i'm guessing your mother drop you on your head when u were a child while she was smoking crystal meth?  Smiley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 01:11:36 AM »

Wow.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
EthanJClarke93
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »

I Go on the record saying this, But a lot of you people on this forum really give Beach Boy fans a terrible name, and really need an attitude adjustment and i mean this in the nicest possible way
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 01:18:22 AM »

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
EthanJClarke93
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 01:21:10 AM »

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I don't see what's so funny, it's pretty much facts  Tongue
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 01:51:19 AM »

What're the chances of getting a sneak peek of your book Ethan?

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
EthanJClarke93
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 02:06:42 AM »

What're the chances of getting a sneak peek of your book Ethan?

I don't know yet  Tongue
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 02:44:15 AM »

For some reason, i feel that people always talk more about Brian and Dennis than Carl. besides the usual stories, i've always wondered maybe there's stuff we never knew vice versa?

I had the change the name of the subject cause people were complaining, like 5 year old mentally challanged children -_- fml.

No need to be a dick. It's called board etiquette. It's just annoying that people don't follow some easy to understand rules.

I shouldn't be called a dick, i'm guessing your mother drop you on your head when u were a child while she was smoking crystal meth?  Smiley
Ouch, that is really uncalled for. There is a fine line between standing up for yourself and being obnoxious.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:48:38 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 03:19:27 AM »

Listen, Ethan, you're a good guy and I enjoyed your pix in bb pic thread soo... lemme give you advice not to pay any attention on smbs off-top comments and just get along smoothly.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
rogerlancelot
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 03:53:23 AM »

One thing that annoyed me, back in 1988 when Brian's solo debut came out, he got tons of write ups in the music zines, but they wanted to talk mostly about the situation with Landy, instead of the album. It just seemed the controversy with Landy overshadowed the music. I'm not gonna say that prevented the album from being a big seller, but I felt it was minor miracle to have an album at all from Brian...and then to have it be the quality it was. But I guess Brian was meant to be a cult artist. I'm speaking Brian Wilson, solo artist.

And it such a fine album. My favorites are "Rio Grande" and "Melt Away". Most of it is very brilliant. I even enjoy the Jeff Lynne song "Let It Shine".

And back on topic: I have never met Carl or any of the other Wilson brothers (did get to see Brian very close on this last tour). Carl really did have this spiritual side about him. Everybody who has met him says he was such a great and mellow person. Carl kept it together while the others.....come on you have to know the story if you're on this board.....Anyway.

Stop the HATE.

Afro
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 05:23:55 AM »

Couldn't find a translator, when you do get make sure you stick up your f***ing ass  Grin

I shouldn't be called a dick, i'm guessing your mother drop you on your head when u were a child while she was smoking crystal meth?  Smiley

I Go on the record saying this, But a lot of you people on this forum really give Beach Boy fans a terrible name, and really need an attitude adjustment and i mean this in the nicest possible way
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 07:45:23 AM »

i was trying to make a book on Carl

Couldn't find a translator?

Couldn't find a translator, when you do get make sure you stick up your f***ing ass  Grin

It is OK, I fully support the efforts of the mentally challenged community. When you get your little "book" published, let us know. We're pulling for you, tiger.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 09:59:43 AM »

I want to "make a book" on Murry Wilson but for some damn reason he never returns my calls. He's my friend on Facebook tho, which must mean something I tell you!

Maybe he hasn't been feeling well since he died to death.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 10:12:08 AM »

Been using the old "been dead for nearly 40 years" trick to get out of returning your calls, has he? Is there no depths that Murry will not sink to?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »

Did your mommy and daddy not give you enough attention when you were a child, you pestiferous little santorum?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:23:34 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »

Ouch, that is really uncalled for. There is a fine line between standing up for yourself and being obnoxious.

Agreed. 
That said...

Maybe he hasn't been feeling well since he died to death.

^ was the funniest thing I've read in months. Kudos.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

This guy is awesome. You are hilarious! Let us know when your "book" is coming out. And keep enlightening us with your expertise.
Jason
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

This guy is awesome. You are hilarious! Let us know when your "book" is coming out. And keep enlightening us with your expertise.

The way he types I'd swear he Babelfishes his words from English to Japanese to Engrish.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »

The way he types I'd swear he Babelfishes his words from English to Japanese to Engrish.

That is EXACTLY what I thought. It is hard to even think of comparable sentences. I was going to write a parody post, and I just gave up. No way I could match him.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »

That is EXACTLY what I thought. It is hard to even think of comparable sentences. I was going to write a parody post, and I just gave up. No way I could match him.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14072.msg310412.html#msg310412

Look no further.
EthanJClarke93
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »

The Real Beach Boy, Go f*** yourself, i'll find out where you live and fucking cut u you up and give you to the dogs I. Spaceman your just a discgare, Your all a bunch of ass-holes who are a disgraces to this band   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: