gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:04:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: List of Brian's non-album singles?  (Read 1940 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:12 AM »

Pardon me if this post is redundant or trivial... but is there a complete list of Brian's non-album singles?  And most importantly... how does one acquire them?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:28:05 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Paulos
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »

Pardon me if this post is redundant or trivial... but is there a complete list of Brian's non-album singles?  And most importantly... how does one acquire them?

Here is a pretty thorough list of non-album tracks released by Brian, I might be missing a few demos released through brianwilson.com

Living Doll on “Living Doll” flexi-single packaged with “California Dream Barbie” (December 1987)
Goodnight Irene on V/A album “Folkways: A Vision Shared” (September 1988)
Daddy’s Little Girl on V/A album “She’s Out Of Control” (May 1989)
Country Feeling on V/A album “For Our Children” (May 1991)
Fantasy Is Reality/Bells Of Madness (with Carnie Wilson) on V/A album “Trios” (February 1994)
Sweets For My Sweet on V/A album “Till The Night Is Gone” (March 1995)
This Could Be The Night on V/A album “For The Love Of Harry” (May 1995)
This Song Wants To Sleep With You Tonight on “Do It Again” CD single (October 1995)
This Isn’t Love (Instrumental) on V/A album “Songs Without Words” (October 1997)
Your Imagination (a capella) on “Your Imagination” CD single (August 1998)
Little Deuce Coupe (with Brian Setzer) on V/A album “MOM 3: Music For Our Mother Ocean” (August 1998)
In My Room (with Tammy Wynette) on V/A album “Tammy Wynette Remembered” (September 1998)
Good Vibrations (Live, with Atomic Kitten, Emma Bunton & Sir Cliff Richard) on V/A album “Party At The Palace” (July 2002)
God Only Knows (Live, with The Corrs) on V/A album “Party At The Palace” (July 2002)
Rodney On The ROQ on V/A album “The Mayor Of The Sunset Strip” (March 2004)
Heroes And Villains (Instrumental) on “Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE LP” (September 2004)
Cabin Essence (Instrumental) on “Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE LP” (September 2004)
On A Holiday (Instrumental) on “Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE LP” (September 2004)
Wind Chimes (Instrumental) on “Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE LP” (September 2004)
Roll Plymouth Rock (Instrumental) ESQ Fall 2004 promo CD (Fall 2004)
In Blue Hawaii (Instrumental) on “Good Vibrations” CD single (December 2004)
Our Prayer (Live) on “Good Vibrations” 45 (December 2004)
Good Vibrations (Live) on “Good Vibrations” 45 (December 2004)
Surf's Up (Instrumental) on Beautiful Dreamer Bonus promo CD (April 2005)
Our Prayer (Freeform Reform) on “Our Prayer” maxi single (March 2005)
Love & Mercy (New version) on V/A album “Hurricane Relief: Come Together Now” (May 2005)
Walking Down The Path Of Life/Love And Mercy on “Walking Down The Path Of Life” single (November 2005)
God Only Knows (New version) on V/A album “New Music From An Old Friend” (February 2007)
What Love Can Do on V/A album “New Music From An Old Friend” (February 2007)
Believe In Yourself on “Under God” ESQ promo CD (2007)
Live Let Live on V/A album “Arctic Tale” (July 2007)
Speed Turtle on V/A album “Bloo Moo: 17 Hits from Way Back Never” (November 2007)
Midnight's Another Day (Demo) on V/A album “This Is Our City In Summer” 2008 Sydney Festival promo (January 2008)
Heaven on “Only With You” ESQ promo CD (September 2008)
Message Man on “That Lucky Old Sun” itunes exclusive (September 2008)
Oh Mi Amor on “That Lucky Old Sun” itunes exclusive (September 2008)
Good Kind Of Love (With Carole King) on “That Lucky Old Sun” 'Best Buy' version (September 2008)
I'm Into Something Good (With Carole King) on “That Lucky Old Sun” 'Best Buy' version (September 2008)
Just Like Me And You on “That Lucky Old Sun” 'Best Buy' version (September 2008)
California Sun on V/A soundtrack album “Curious George 2” (March 2010)
Let's Call The Whole Thing Off on “Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin” itunes exclusive (September 2010)
Listen To Me on V/A album “Listen To Me: Buddy Holly” (September 2011)
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes on “In The Key Of Disney” amazon.com exclusive version (October 2011)
Peace On Earth on “In The Key Of Disney” amazon.com exclusive download (October 2011)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Holy wow!  I was originally just thinking of his web-releases.  I totally forgot about stuff like promo-cds, Best Buy-exclusives and "B sides."

Thanks man!

I wish I could just buy that.  A nice 2-dsic set.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:21:21 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Paulos
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »

Holy wow!  I was originally just thinking of his web-releases.  I totally forgot about stuff like pomo-cds, Best Buy-exclusives and "B sides."

Thanks man!

No worries, I think I originally copied this from quite an old thread and added to as I found out about more releases. The list is definitely missing some tracks which were released as download exclusives at brianwilson.com, I think these include a few Christmas tunes and demos for Forever She'll Be My Surfer Girl and Midnight's Another Day (I think this is the version on the Sydney Festival promo but not sure). I also think South American (a capella) was released as a promo somewhere.

I agree that a 2CD set of the tracks listed above would be great, probably not much a market for it though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:16:22 AM by Paulos » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:18:49 AM »

Holy wow!  I was originally just thinking of his web-releases.  I totally forgot about stuff like pomo-cds, Best Buy-exclusives and "B sides."

Thanks man!

I think you mean "promo cd's".  LOL

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »

Whoops.  Fixed.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »

Thanks man!

I think you mean "promo cd's".  LOL

A good title would be: 'Come Back Brian And Do Sing Us 21 Little Ones'

I just made that up.

Honest.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »

also we can't forget the "piano demos" of the Gershwin songs..
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »

Just pouring through that list again.  There's no way I'll ever be able to get all those.

Believe In Yourself from a 2007 ESQ promo cd called: “Under God” Thud

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »

Just pouring through that list again.  There's no way I'll ever be able to get all those.

Believe In Yourself from a 2007 ESQ promo cd called: “Under God” Thud

Just buy the esq back issue and it comes with the cd, doesn't it?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 02:28:47 PM »

Those weren't played or created by Brian. They were the recordings given to him by the Gershwin estate, which he then rewrote and rearranged into "The Like in I Love You" and "Nothing But Love."

Also, add to the list:

"In My Room" (live with Christopher Cross and Bruce Johnston) from Imagination promo CDs. 1998
"Forever She'll Be My Surfer Girl" demo from BW.com. 2007
"The Christmas Song" on BW.com (2006 or 2007 I think)
"Heaven" Carl tribute on BW.com (2005 or 2006?)
"In My Room" with Wilson Philips on their "California" album.
"You Are So Beautiful" with Carnie on her children's lullaby album
"No Wrong Notes in Heaven" with Scott Bennett
"Ride" and "So Nice" with the Wondermints
"Raven" and "Cradle Me" with Taylor Mills
"Everything I Need" with Jeff Foskett and Darian from Jeff's 12X12 album.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:39:46 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Paulos
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 02:38:18 PM »

Those weren't played or created by Brian. They were the recordings given to him by the Gershwin estate, which he then rewrote and rearranged into "The Like in I Love You" and "Nothing But Love."

Also, add to the list:

"In My Room" (live with Christopher Cross and Bruce Johnston) from Imagination promo CDs. 1998
"Forever She'll Be My Surfer Girl" demo from BW.com. 2007
"The Christmas Song" on BW.com (2006 or 2007 I think)
"Heaven" Carl tribute on BW.com (2005 or 2006?)
"In My Room" with Wilson Philips on their "California" album.
"You Are So Beautiful" with Carnie on her children's lullaby album
"Everything I Need" with Jeff Foskett and Darian from Jeff's 12X12 album.

Thanks for that Wirestone, will update the list.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »

Sorry, added a few more in there too. It's kind of expanding into appearances with other artists now, too.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »

Not to be too picky, but the original question concerned NON- album singles, at least the way I read it. and a whole bunch of the songs on that list are on albums, albeit not exclusive Brian albums...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Paulos
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Not to be too picky, but the original question concerned NON- album singles, at least the way I read it. and a whole bunch of the songs on that list are on albums, albeit not exclusive Brian albums...

You aren't being picky and you are correct, I just decided to post a list of Brian rarities, for which Bean Bag seems very happy.

As for non-album singles (including B-sides) that don't appear on any album - This Song Wants To Sleep With You Tonight, Your Imagination (a capella), Walking Down The Path Of Life, Good Vibrations live, Our Prayer live, Our Prayer (Freeform Reform), In Blue Hawaii (Instrumental).
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »

You aren't being picky and you are correct, I just decided to post a list of Brian rarities, for which Bean Bag seems very happy.

As for non-album singles (including B-sides) that don't appear on any album - This Song Wants To Sleep With You Tonight, Your Imagination (a capella), Walking Down The Path Of Life, Good Vibrations live, Our Prayer live, Our Prayer (Freeform Reform), In Blue Hawaii (Instrumental).

I just felt like a ton of stuff had come out over the last few years.  Mainly on the internets and relatively recently.  But this list is way better.  I forgot about all the other stuff:  collaborations, guest appearances, or whatever.  Maybe they weren't even singles.  Just non-album stuff in general that had surfaced officially in some fashion.

And by non-album, I mean Imagination, Gershwin, TLOS, etc., etc.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:48:27 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx