gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:33:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Worry Baby Cover  (Read 1954 times)
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:16 AM »

My cover of a Timeless classic. I hope you all enjoy listening to it, half as much as I enjoyed singing it!

Cheers Dave. Smiley Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRszslafbCI
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:42:16 PM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:19:06 AM »

Once again, a brilliant example of how great your work is!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Amigo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 05:22:42 PM »

Perfect!

Not sure what to put on my signature!
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »

Hey Dave, do you realize how fortunate you are to possess the type of voice you have? In my experience it's quite unique for a male singer to be able to make that transition into a falsetto or head voice so smoothly and effortlessly like you are able to do. Like others have said, you sound a lot like 60's Brian Wilson and much of the reason for this is he also possessed that same type of voice.  (Now don't go ruining that gift with a bunch of cigarettes and cocaine!)  Grin You also have a good ear which helps a lot.

I've really enjoyed listening to your covers. Really impressive stuff! The only thing I would suggest is cutting back on the amount of reverb on your vocals. It really pushes your vocals back and reduces the clarity. You've got a great voice. Let's hear it more clearly!

Gregg
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:53:42 AM »

Hey Dave, do you realize how fortunate you are to possess the type of voice you have? In my experience it's quite unique for a male singer to be able to make that transition into a falsetto or head voice so smoothly and effortlessly like you are able to do. Like others have said, you sound a lot like 60's Brian Wilson and much of the reason for this is he also possessed that same type of voice.  (Now don't go ruining that gift with a bunch of cigarettes and cocaine!)  Grin You also have a good ear which helps a lot.

I've really enjoyed listening to your covers. Really impressive stuff! The only thing I would suggest is cutting back on the amount of reverb on your vocals. It really pushes your vocals back and reduces the clarity. You've got a great voice. Let's hear it more clearly!

Gregg
Thank a lot Gregg , yes a couple of people have mentioned the same thing to me RE the reverb I use!
 Might have to ease back on it a tad for future recordings.
Thx again for your comments and advice.
Dave  Smiley
Ps ,I gave up the cigarettes a couple of years ago. Grin
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:03:00 AM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx