gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 01:01:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Details on the new greatest hits albums and remasters  (Read 56441 times)
Youre Under Arrest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2012, 03:46:32 AM »

Well, that's it. Our last definite chance of getting to hear WIBNTLA is gone. Ya blew it, Capitol.

Wouldn't It Be Nice To Blurst Again
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:48:29 AM by Youre Under Arrest » Logged

"My name is Brian and I'm the man, I write hit songs with the wave of my hand" - Brian Wilson

Not only was Brian a musical genius, but he was a real cool head, making real good bread.
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2012, 06:20:02 AM »

Well, that's it. Our last definite chance of getting to hear WIBNTLA is gone. Ya blew it, Capitol.

I could be going on the box set.

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2012, 07:22:23 AM »

We literally have no idea what this boxset entails. Everything you've read here is us speculating based on the mere fact that there is a boxset coming out. Nothing more. Nothing less. Calm yourself.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2012, 07:24:29 AM »

Not true. A very good version of the song exists.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2012, 07:45:28 AM »

You could ?  Cheesy

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »

You must be a Cohenite. Wish I could say "pleased to meet you".  Razz
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2012, 08:08:19 AM »

You could ?  Cheesy

Cheesy
I'm at work and was typing too fast.
But it could be going on the box set I hope.

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »

I'd order the remasters now, they're at there cheapest yet, I ordered Today because I have no rush to get SD&SN which is the only stereo mix I need...

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2012, 08:28:44 AM »

I'd order the remasters now, they're at there cheapest yet, I ordered Today because I have no rush to get SD&SN which is the only stereo mix I need...

Why don't you just wait until they come out domestically at an actually reasonable price?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2012, 08:44:15 AM »

Why don't you just wait until they come out domestically at an actually reasonable price?

I for one will. They are listed for Sept 24, and go at € 16.99 apiece at my local retailer. Since I will purchase 4 of the series, it'll be within the realm of normality.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 13, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »

That's what I'm talking about, I meant to say Pre- Order

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:31 AM »

Are you saying you ordered "Today!" because you're not in a hurry to get the only one you need (SD&SN)?

Why not order the one you need first and be in no hurry on the others?

Yeah, because an unreleased song isn't on a greatest hits compilation.  Makes sense.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 13, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »

I for one will. They are listed for Sept 24, and go at € 16.99 apiece at my local retailer. Since I will purchase 4 of the series, it'll be within the realm of normality.

Why on earth would you pay a whopping € 16.99/CD when you can get them for around 11-12 bucks a piece if you order them online? ImportCDs.com has them for $12.29 at the moment but that price will go further down on release day.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »

Also, can't see why people would want a box set full of the albums, rather than a box set full of previously unreleased stuff. I would TOTALLY take the previously unreleased stuff. This is probably one of our last chances to hear some of these holy grails people!

I don't think a box made up of only unreleased stuff has ever been planned or suggested.

A release of this kind would be groundbreaking, in keeping with a relatively recent band tradition that began with first the original 2-fers + bonus tracks, then the PS boxset, continued with the GV set (many rarities), and TSS, and taking it a step further. There is every indication that wise heads are prevailing at Capitol these days, and our hopes may be rewarded with an unprecedented (to my knowledge anyway, which is admittedly incomplete) all-rarities box. Hopefully the potential hard-core fan constituency will be adjudged to be adequate, I pray that any optimism doesn't prove to be unwarranted. If anyone is listening, an alternate "isn't it Time" would provide not one solitary iota of incentive for me to purchase any new product, whatsoever. Do the right thing, people! Drumroll

Wrong.  Grin

Yeah, but here's the question - is it still being planned or suggested?

It's certainly being suggested.

Here.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:49:25 AM by mutedtrumpeterswan » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Youre Under Arrest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2012, 03:58:10 AM »

We literally have no idea what this boxset entails. Everything you've read here is us speculating based on the mere fact that there is a boxset coming out. Nothing more. Nothing less. Calm yourself.

I'm sorry, I'm just so damn anxious to hear it. This board has been building it up so much I jumped the gun.

"My name is Brian and I'm the man, I write hit songs with the wave of my hand" - Brian Wilson

Not only was Brian a musical genius, but he was a real cool head, making real good bread.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 14, 2012, 05:59:37 AM »

Yeah cause that's totally the only boxset/compilation there ever was/will be of The Beach Boys.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »

Yeah cause that's totally the only boxset/compilation there ever was/will be of The Beach Boys.

No, but the shelves haven't really been getting stocked with Beach Boys archival product prior to the 50th anniversary, so most of us assume that once the celebration is "over", our chances of hearing previously unreleased material won't be so great.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »

Better start planning to make it 'til the 100th anniversary. Cryo-chambers?

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2012, 02:23:27 AM »

More artwork:

I like this: look at the CDs – you can see the grooves from 'ere!

“We live in divisive times.”
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »

No, but the shelves haven't really been getting stocked with Beach Boys archival product prior to the 50th anniversary, so most of us assume that once the celebration is "over", our chances of hearing previously unreleased material won't be so great.

Rarities LP
Ultimate Christmas CD
Endless Harmony CD
Hawthorne, CA 2CD
2fer bonus tracks
Good Vibrations box set
Pet Sounds Sessions box set
Smile Sessions box set

That's quite a lot of archival material, really.

Which of course doesn't mean that I don't want a whole lot more. Smiley
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »

I thought this would fit into this thread.

Facebook:

Recording additional vocals for the single release of "Isn't It Time"...and deep in thought too in Oslo, Norway!

Wow! The Beach Boys actually recorded in my tiny overwealthy arctic country? That is beyond epic!  Shocked That's right, suck on it SWEDISH FROG Razz
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2012, 09:38:17 AM »

How much different is the single release of IIT?  I may have heard it once on the radio but was so excited to hear the airplay I didn't really notice.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »

How much different is the single release of IIT?  I may have heard it once on the radio but was so excited to hear the airplay I didn't really notice.

I don't think we've heard the single version yet, as they were just recording some vox overdubs the other day while on the road.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »

More artwork:

I like this: look at the CDs – you can see the grooves from 'ere!

wow, I love it.

Yet another must have for the collection

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »

I'm a sucker for any boxset with vinyl. Can't wait to get it.

Edit: Silly me. Those are the CDs just made to look like vinyl.  LOL
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:44:02 PM by pixletwin » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx