-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  In that soulful old man sunshine.....
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In that soulful old man sunshine.....  (Read 4939 times)
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2006, 02:07:15 PM »

So this afternoon once me and my lady friends were done with class and lunch we headed to the lake and rested on the dock soaking up the sunshine. Everyone was listening to music through their headphones, as was I, and the sun was shining bright so I quickly put on "Soulful Old Man Sunshine". Something about being in the sun with girls, or just by yourself, makes the Beach Boys music even more alive. I listened to "California Girls", "California Saga/California", etc. and the music just brings a whole new meaning when you're out in the sun having a good time. It felt great!

This happen to anyone else?

I put this in the sandbox thread cause it's a random topic even though it deals with the Beach Boys...

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 02:33:59 PM »

I feel that all the time.

I don't really go out much anymore, so I usually keep my curtains wide open and the windows open. My windows overlook the woods and a small stream so I have a great view to accompany music. Lots of calm music and happy music usually suits this atmosphere well, bringing out more joys than it would have in any other circumstance like you said.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:08:36 PM »

Losers.
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 12:17:43 AM »

total loser here.  Totally drunk too.  This is what happens to good people when they collide with liquor.  I was ssucking back some wolf blas cabaernet on the balcony  llistenin got "In Conceert"  f*** if I wasn't gorrvin' to that sh*t.  LOUD.  I could edit this but I won't ,..  Ultimately, they'd love it.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »

Gotta say that sometimes its just perfect that way.......just two weeks ago I was tooling down the Pacific Coast Highway, windows and top back in my rented sport coupe listening to California Saga on the cd player.....and thinking it really doesn't get any better than this Grin
Compost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 05:18:53 PM »

total loser here.  Totally drunk too.  This is what happens to good people when they collide with liquor.  I was ssucking back some wolf blas cabaernet on the balcony  llistenin got "In Conceert"  f*** if I wasn't gorrvin' to that sh*t.  LOUD.  I could edit this but I won't ,..  Ultimately, they'd love it.
Oof.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 08:12:48 PM »

I don't know, I don't really like the sunshine all that much; having to be in it for the length of an entire song is not my idea of a good time.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SurferGirl7
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

I actually hate the song. Only the demo.

I do go out more then I use to. I find more joy seeing other people then being connected to an electric box all day  LOL
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 05:02:46 AM »

What ARE you guys - vampires?!  I love the sunshine - the light, the warmth - getting tan - everything about it!  And SOMS captures that sunny feeling perfectly!

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 01:36:47 AM »

I'm also allergic to garlic, and I have a slight widow's peak.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 05:19:20 AM »

I'm also allergic to garlic, and I have a slight widow's peak.

I THOUGHT so...

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: