-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Kevin Love
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kevin Love  (Read 3051 times)
RollPlymouthRock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »

I thought people would be interested to know that Mike Love's nephew Kevin is competing in the olympics as part of the USA basketball team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/athletes/60209418-2327-40ac-b435-ee5683a0fdcf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Love#2011.E2.80.9312_season
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »

that is interesting! what days will his matches be on?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »

Kevin is, as his Olympic team membership would imply, a spectacular player, much better than his father Stan, who was also a professional. He was an All-Star for my home team, the Timberwolves, and has been among the league's best rebounders and a very good scorer.

The U.S. men's Olympic team schedule is at: http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/12_moly_results.html

The next game is tomorrow against Lithuania, traditionally a power but not up to par this year. The qualifying teams move on to the second round beginning Wednesday. The US has been dominant thus far and is the clear favorite to win the gold, though Spain, Russia, Argentina, and even Brazil or France are certainly good teams.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RollPlymouthRock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »

There's the USA into the quarters against Australia one they should win comfortably.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »

Kevin Love should grow out his beard and wear a white robe when he arrives to games.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »

Kevin Love should grow out his beard and wear a white robe when he arrives to games.
That would be great, but the robe would be against the pregame dress code the NBA implemented a few years ago. It's button-down shirts only, I believe. After the Detroit brawl, the league was obsessed with image.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »

That would be great, but the robe would be against the pregame dress code the NBA implemented a few years ago. It's button-down shirts only, I believe. After the Detroit brawl, the league was obsessed with image.

Yeah, somehow wearing nicer clothes is going to make them better people. Tis crazy!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »

Kevin resembles his beach boy uncle rather than his father. Paraphrasing an old George Harrison, "something in the way he moves" that I find very Mike-esque, if it makes sense.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: