gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:09:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 57: Spektrum - Oslo, Norway 7/31/12  (Read 32407 times)
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »

Welcome, UncleBobo!

Great set, now I am relieved for the german gigs. Are you sure about "Big Sur" though?

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
UncleBobo
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 02:32:02 AM »

Welcome, UncleBobo!

Great set, now I am relieved for the german gigs. Are you sure about "Big Sur" though?

I guess it must be "California". See you in Stuttgart and Moenchengladbach !
ReggieDunbarJr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 02:36:48 AM »

Got great seats, 2nd row, middle, just in front of Mike.
The show was fantastic! Brian was in a good mood and and made up extra harmonies at the endings of some songs. Al had a lot of fun, especially on cotton fields and Cal Saga. Mikes voice was sharp and really good. Bruce had a strength and no roughness on Disney girls.
IJWMFTT got the longest standing ovations of the show.
The crowd was sitting down and not so full of energy... (except yours truly)

When the full power of Darlin' hit me in the face from stage I was in a different world!

The band? So great. Fantastic. No words to describe how Scott T and rest of the band has crafted this anniversary to perfection. Just perfect to please as well general public as fans.

Highlight of the year!
//H
ReggieDunbarJr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 03:11:19 AM »

Add Some Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fXt9pF624
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 03:21:19 AM »

Holy crap, those boys are soundin' outtasight!  3D

Thanks for the brief review, Reggie!
The Healer
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »

Great set list.  All they have to do is repeat same for Berlin - I'll be happy!  So looking forward to seeing the C50 show again.  Pity about no video wall, though.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 04:56:36 AM »

Great ! Thank you !!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:50:22 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »

Stage:

See that the guy's knee caps are level with the seat in front.
The Spektrum in Oslo is 'seriously' steep and that shot is taken from only the second section up, there are 2/3 more above.
Don't look down after a beer or two, saw a-ha's final concert there and did'nt fancy the climb back up after visiting the boys room I can tell ya!
ReggieDunbarJr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 05:28:42 AM »

The picture of the group was taken backstage in Gothenburg before the show!
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 05:37:54 AM »

See that the guy's knee caps are level with the seat in front.
The Spektrum in Oslo is 'seriously' steep and that shot is taken from only the second section up, there are 2/3 more above.
Don't look down after a beer or two, saw a-ha's final concert there and did'nt fancy the climb back up after visiting the boys room I can tell ya!

I was at a-ha's last concert there too! It did look seriously steep from where I was, and with my fear of heights I'm glad I didn't have to venture upwards Tongue Great venue though, I bet the Boys sounded fantastic (not that they needed great acoustics to prove that!).

Great set, I'm soo excited for Wembley!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:43:36 AM by Nuttin' Atol » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2012, 05:50:05 AM »

The picture of the group was taken backstage in Gothenburg before the show!

Thanks. Will change it

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
G.C
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 06:12:54 AM »

Sounds great!
ReggieDunbarJr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »

Listen to the beginning of Add Some Music when Bruce asks the audience what we want to hear Smiley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »

Listen to the beginning of Add Some Music when Bruce asks the audience what we want to hear Smiley

haha, that's great!

Was the arena sold out?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
ReggieDunbarJr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »

Yes it was sold out, maybe a few seats, but probably just no shows!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 01:43:49 PM »

I wonder if I'd had the balls to yell "River song" at that moment....  Grin

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »

I wonder if I'd had the balls to yell "River song" at that moment....  Grin
Let's do that in Berlin.  LOL LOL
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »

I think they played IJWMFTT out of concern for Cabinessenceking. They were probably affraid he might commit suicide or something. Brian reads this board, after all.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »

"a reindeer in distress". Enough said. Those who were there will know what I mean :D

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »

Here's a version of Add Some Music (and some of SOS) from a different angle than the video above. This is the best ASMTYD I have seen - Brian is so into it!!!! He starts doing some quirky Brian arm and hand movements toward the end. He looks like he's having fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDqBMh1FIvM&feature=player_embedded#!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2012, 03:27:31 PM »

OK DUDES

Sorry for being away for 1 week, but was away from the reach of the internetz.
I can give a good account  for the show.

The 4 songs which recieved the most (and equal applause) were

H&V
IJWMFTT
GOK
GV

the audience went eccstatic about these four songs, and altogether (and to my utter astonishment and positive suprise the SECOND set with all the great late 60's and 70's songs recieved the most applause. Anything Brian touched was met with roars fromt he audience! (apart for his bridge part on Surfer Girl, but that was early in the show and an American thing I guess...)

I know I dissed BJ a few days ago, but he really nailed his Disney Girls, guess he read my post and decided to put me in my place (he sure did, and everyone loved it!)

Please Let Me Wonder was a first set highlight along with a spectacular vocal performance on Why Do Fools? the crowd were struck by such incredible vocal arrangment and performance.

Sorry for short negative input but crowd was INDIFFERENT to the Kokomomo at the end, which was well fine by me  LOL given that GV had recieved standing ovations a few minutes earlier (and what a great rocking sound that GV had!)

Mike Luvester proclaimed "Keep It Clean With Al Jardine" after AJ delivered a very good 'Come Go With Me'

Darlin' (as already mentioned) was done perfectly by Darian (as usual I guess?)
Brian Wilson's vocals were VERY good, sometimes he said the words rather than sang them, and he even added his gruff 70's voice at the end of IJWMFTT and some other songs (which I found totally epic!). All the Boys sounded very good and were well mixed with the music.

A tad upset that This Whole World, Marcella or OUT-OF-THE-BLUE "MONA" didnt make the set...but this was truly a fantastic experience which I will carry with me for the rest of my life and share with all! Still can't believe I was that close to THE Brian Wilson...I better stop writing now...  Grin

EDIT: while Mike was talking to the crowd sometime towards the end of the 1st set someone crazy (with joy?) to the right of the stage made some weird, loud howling noises. The sounds of a lunatic.

and ML: "What is that? A Reindeer in distress?"
got the audience really going, that Luvester knows how to work an audience  Cool Guy
knowing Mike I was ofc LMAO in my seat I was ofc standing thru whole show!!!! ;]

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:35:34 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
ReggieDunbarJr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2012, 05:02:56 AM »

It was a fantastic night overall, and my first indoors Beach Boys concert since 1997! Indeed, IJWMFTT was fantastic and guess I was one of the first with standing ovations for the song!

Also, it seemed like Bruce sang falsetto on Fun Fun Fun! Anyway, he sounded fantastic on Disney Girls, including a dedication I will remember! Smiley

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

Source: http://thebeachboys.eu/?p=120

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »

It was a fantastic night overall, and my first indoors Beach Boys concert since 1997! Indeed, IJWMFTT was fantastic and guess I was one of the first with standing ovations for the song!

Also, it seemed like Bruce sang falsetto on Fun Fun Fun! Anyway, he sounded fantastic on Disney Girls, including a dedication I will remember! Smiley

Me too!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
lilduff90
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »

Stage:

I am either just out of frame, or that's the back of my head in the corner there! I was in Felt 107, Rad 2, Sete 4, just behind the fence there.

Anyway, here's my review: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14034.0.html

Posted it in the review section as I didn't see this thread.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx