gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 08:53:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 57: Spektrum - Oslo, Norway 7/31/12  (Read 32476 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »

Setlists/pics/reviews
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:53:24 AM »

Going to dis show, hoping for a surprise Mona or The Night Was So Young#

They are still doing the same set as in US right? I only heard that a Barcelona show was trimmed but is that the norm now or was that exceptional?
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:46:36 AM »

I believe two most recent shows (after Barcelona) had usual lengths / number of songs (45+). However there has been a slight change in the European setlists when songs that Mike d'Amico usually plays drums on and due to an absent videoscreen Forever have been dropped.

This whole world and California have returned since Barcelona. Marcella, Pet Sounds, I just wasn't made for these times, Add some music, Forever, Isn't it time and Kiss me baby have been AWOL for some shows in favour of California dreamin', Dance, dance, dance and All summer long.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »

This whole world and California have returned since Barcelona. Marcella, Pet Sounds, I just wasn't made for these times, Add some music, Forever, Isn't it time and Kiss me baby have been AWOL for some shows in favour of California dreamin', Dance, dance, dance and All summer long.

you're joking right? they can't leave those songs. If I attend this show and there is no IJWMFT but some crappy DDD or California Dreming in it's place I might actually leave in disappointment, and throw rocks at their tour bus. If they just do a ML show I will never buy any Beach Boys product again, I'll go full pirate mode.

READ THIS BRUCE? NO MONEY for you or any of the other guys unless you do the artistic stuff which people really want to hear. Dance Dance Dance can seriously f*** itself. I hate that more than I could hate anything from the 70's albums. Same with California Dreaming, at least  do your own stuff Bruce.

Edit: written in a moment of spirit, forgiveness is asked for.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:55:31 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:01:01 AM »

you're joking right? they can't leave those songs. If I attend this show and there is no IJWMFT but some crappy DDD or California Dreming in it's place I might actually leave in disappointment, and throw rocks at their tour bus. If they just do a ML show I will never buy any Beach Boys product again, I'll go full pirate mode.

READ THIS BRUCE? NO MONEY for you or any of the other guys unless you do the artistic stuff which people really want to hear. Dance Dance Dance can seriously f*** itself. I hate that more than I could hate anything from the 70's albums. Same with California Dreaming, at least  do your own stuff Bruce.

Dance, Dance, Dance is a great song. That said, I want to hear "Marcella" too  Cool

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »

READ THIS BRUCE? NO MONEY for you or any of the other guys unless you do the artistic stuff which people really want to hear. Dance Dance Dance can seriously f*** itself. I hate that more than I could hate anything from the 70's albums. Same with California Dreaming, at least  do your own stuff Bruce.
Whoa man, calm down a bit. This set list is fine as it is for Europe.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »

90% of the audience is there to hear the hits, not the "artistic stuff". And Bruce & Co. really couldn't care less about one guy going off the rails and withholding his money, just because they play an awesome rock&roll song and a decent cover of a classic instead of one or two 'deep' tracks.  Roll Eyes Sheesh.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »

Yes, get angry, throw rocks, and ruin the night for you and anybody who comes in contact with you, because that's a particularly intelligent decision.  Seriously, why would you want to waste the money you spent by throwing a hissy fit because you didn't here Marcella or whatever.  Roll Eyes

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »

You already paid for the ticket. Bruce gets your money even if they don't do the "artistic stuff which people really want to hear". You speak for a very small minority of people at your show who will even know what Marcella or whatever is. Yes, California Dreaming is probably the worst thing they have done on this tour, but obviously there are people in the band and audience who dig it, otherwise they wouldn't be playing it. It's really unfair of you to criticise this band after they have given us fans so much this year.

I know you aren't happy that they might not be playing some of your favorites, but just be happy they're even coming to your area - that's a blessing in itself. I went to two shows and didn't get to hear This Whole World. I didn't throw rocks at the bus.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »

Yes, California Dreaming is probably the worst thing they have done on this tour [...].
I think "California Dreamin'" has been sounding great so far. Everybody's into it, especially Brian.

Recent example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi25sezQKjA
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »

Yes, California Dreaming is probably the worst thing they have done on this tour [...].
I think "California Dreamin'" has been sounding great so far. Everybody's into it, especially Brian.

Recent example:

That was neat. Thank you

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »

Don't worry, it's okey to vent some frustration at Bruce nowadays anyway Grin

It's a bit disappointing to know that all these great deep cuts were performed and then DDD gets in the way with Bruce clapping along in his wee shorts...
Hopeful that they don't axe all of them though, I'd take them over most of the 1st set...still wont give the guy more money after this if they are all axed, after all he didnt write any of it... I'd prefer Ricky/Blondie or even Ed and Billy over Bruce anyday ^^ pretty sure many others would have it that way too...
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »

Recent example:

That was neat. Thank you
Startin' to feel giddy, aren't we?  Grin
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »

It's a bit disappointing to know that all these great deep cuts were performed and then DDD gets in the way with Bruce clapping along in his wee shorts...
Hopeful that they don't axe all of them though, I'd take them over most of the 1st set...still wont give the guy more money after this if they are all axed, after all he didnt write any of it... I'd prefer Ricky/Blondie or even Ed and Billy over Bruce anyday ^^ pretty sure many others would have it that way too...

Oh, yeah, hailing insults at BHJ is great, but only when it is warranted. Smiley

You have to realise, most people are coming to hear The Beach Boys play their feel-good hits, and Dance Dance Dance is one of them.
I could understand your intense frustration if they axed IJWMFTT for Bull Session With Big Daddy....

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 08:24:37 PM »

Funny how hating Bruce is now super cool and likely to be expected from anyone disgruntled with the band.  Roll Eyes

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »

Dance Dance Dance can seriously f*** itself. I hate that more than I could hate anything from the 70's albums. 

Lame.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »

You know what, screw everything I said, tomorrow I shall see Brian Douglas Wilson, the greatest composer of the 20th century, founder of my favourite band The Beach Boys and composer of many of my favourite songs til the day I die perform in person some of the greatest songs mankind has ever witnessed. I am overwhelmed with exuberance and joy from the depth of my soul and heart. As the hour approaches I am truely beginning to soak it up.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »

You know what, screw everything I said, tomorrow I shall see Brian Douglas Wilson, the greatest composer of the 20th century, founder of my favourite band The Beach Boys and composer of many of my favourite songs til the day I die perform in person some of the greatest songs mankind has ever witnessed. I am overwhelmed with exuberance and joy from the depth of my soul and heart. As the hour approaches I am truely beginning to soak it up.
Now that's the spirit.
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 02:01:34 AM »

Besides... IJWMFTT has returned to the setlists.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »

Facebook:

Al offers Brian fruit while he gets made up for Norway TV.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »

Facebook:

Al offers Brian fruit while he gets made up for Norway TV.

Great!

Impression from said interview:

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »

Stage:

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »

Let's hear some reports!

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 10:34:04 PM »

Oh was it indoor?  They might have played some good stuff then

UncleBobo
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 12:56:11 AM »

Hi There,

this is my first post in the forum: Here is the setlist of the Oslo Concert. Disney Girls, Add Some Music,Pet Sounds and IJWMFTT are back !

1. Do It Again
2. Little Honda
3. Catch a Wave
4. Hawaii
5. Don't Back Down
6. Surfin' Safari
7. Surfer Girl
8. You're So Good to Me
9. Then I Kissed Her
10. Please Let Me Wonder
11. Getcha Back
12. Wendy