-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  May I mess up your order, sir?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: May I mess up your order, sir?  (Read 8765 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:07:32 AM »

Don't you hate ordering from a fast food place? There's always that worry that the order may have been screwed up by someone either too lazy to complete their job to the best of their ability or, someone who made a simple mistake. I ordered from Wendy's today. "Two plain burgers, no cheese, no anything. Diet coke, and fries please". To which the voice replied, "Two plain burgers, nothing on them, fries and a diet coke". I got home and opened my brown bag, immediatly the smell warned me of what I would find moments later. I opened the burger wrap to find lettuce, ketchup, and lots of other gross stuff smothered all over my burger. I'm a simple man and I like a simple lunch, none of that extra stuff, give me meat and bread. My only solution was to find a hamburger roll in my house and use the two sides as new tops on my spoiled burgers from Wendy's.

Soon Beckner will visit and tell us the pains and struggles of a fast food employee, and how I shouldn't complain that my burger was not plain.  :D

But still, my heart sank opening that bag.  Violin

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 08:38:48 AM »

Yeah, I hear you. Some simple concepts just get messed up along the way. That said, I love me a Wendy's burger.

Watch out for snakes!
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:43:26 PM »

Asshat.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 01:48:35 PM »

Wendy's is only good for one thing, their spicy chicken sammich.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

With Only Mayo, Lettuce, Pickle and Cheese.

That's the secret. You gotta use the lingo that the employees use. If you want a burger with Nothing, say Plain. There's usually an Order key with that option. If you want more of something, say Extra. If you want the standard sandwich with some additional stuff, use Add. If you want to completely f*** their heads and change it up completely, With Only.

Anunciate clearly and check the burger before you roll out. And if they screw up, you might just get to keep the wrong order too. Someone will eat it.
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 02:36:03 PM »

Harvey's is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 04:26:19 PM »

With Only Mayo, Lettuce, Pickle and Cheese.

That's the secret. You gotta use the lingo that the employees use. If you want a burger with Nothing, say Plain. There's usually an Order key with that option. If you want more of something, say Extra. If you want the standard sandwich with some additional stuff, use Add. If you want to completely f*** their heads and change it up completely, With Only.

Anunciate clearly and check the burger before you roll out. And if they screw up, you might just get to keep the wrong order too. Someone will eat it.

I don't speak take-out jive, dig?  If they can only understand the words on their O Holy Register, they need to find a less complex job that requires a mop and water.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 05:27:52 PM »

with ya all the way, H&V...I've learned to say "single chese plain", but I still check it 'fore I leave...The only thing Wendy's is good for is the Frosty...

I know a lot and I know there's a lot I don't know
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »

this thread made me hungry, and I have no access to a vechicle.

curse you all!!

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 03:26:07 AM »

with ya all the way, H&V...I

Which is not to be confused with y'all, or even all y'all.

Wendy's makes the best french fries, bar none.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 03:36:01 AM »

with ya all the way, H&V...I

Which is not to be confused with y'all, or even all y'all.

Wendy's makes the best french fries, bar none.

I think Wendy's has the worst fries!!!...they are so dry! At least they are in any Wendy's in Toronto...I go for the chili...in fact you can dunk the fries in chili...I must say...you have to get a meal at the right time too...sometimes Mcdonalds fries have been sitting in the heat lamp for too long...but when they are fresh...pure heaven!!!

I ate at a McDonalds several hundred miles from Manila, in the Philippines recently, and I will tell you...it tasted exactly the same as in North America...

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 05:32:40 AM »

Harvey's is awesome for the onion rings and the fact that they make it in front of you means that they don't get the order wrong!

Watch out for snakes!
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 07:37:27 AM »

I just ordered from Wendy's again. I can now say that Wendy and I are at peace.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 07:44:23 AM »

Who likes to dip the fries in the frosty?

Watch out for snakes!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 07:53:50 AM »

Guilty! Though I prefer BK fries over Wendy fries, yet I prefer a Wendy's Frosty then a BK Milkshake...

hmm... Computer Smash!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 08:44:38 AM »

I've never had bad food from Wendy's. From both Burger King and McDonalds i've had meals that tasted like old and dried up rats. Milkshakes that tasted like bad milk and contaminated flavoring. Wendy's has always had the freshest food, and meat actually resembling the familiar meat of cow rather than a small furry rodent.  Grin

Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 09:08:25 AM »

Harvey's is good for that, too, but I also prefer the Wendy's burger to the rest.

Watch out for snakes!
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 10:57:34 AM »

I don't speak take-out jive, dig?  If they can only understand the words on their O Holy Register, they need to find a less complex job that requires a mop and water.

Hey Rere, maybe you'd like to work there and see how stressful it is. I'm offering "Tips from the Pros" as it were since I once did 4 yrs in the back of a McDonald's. A good time overall, a bit like the military, you really learn how to work and not be a sniveling bitch.
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 01:02:28 PM »

here in town we have a KFC/Taco Bell restaurant, and I sit in the drive thru window and go through each item in my order before I even leave the window...I truly am speechless about the place, I can attest that my order is correct about once out of every 5 times, for real.  I like the food, but will back up the drive thru line to make sure they do it right the 1st and 2nd and sometimes the 3rd times. 

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 01:04:22 PM »

here in town we have a KFC/Taco Bell restaurant, and I sit in the drive thru window and go through each item in my order before I even leave the window...I truly am speechless about the place, I can attest that my order is correct about once out of every 5 times, for real.  I like the food, but will back up the drive thru line to make sure they do it right the 1st and 2nd and sometimes the 3rd times. 

All hail the TacoChicken.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 01:07:15 PM »

I so wish there was a one of those hybrids in town. Sometimes you just wanna be able to dunk your choco taco in gravy.
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 01:33:57 PM »

There used to be one that was KFC/TacoBell/PizzaHut.  Kind of odd.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 06:09:52 PM »

All hail the TacoChicken.

I call the joint "Colonel Bell's"

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »

There used to be one that was KFC/TacoBell/PizzaHut.  Kind of odd.

I've been to a Taco Bell/KFC/Long John Silver's. It's gone now (just the LJS part).

Watch out for snakes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: