gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681013 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 01:42:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darlin' (Stereo Remix)  (Read 6643 times)
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »

Sounds awesome! I'd love the hear more.    Smiley
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »

I'm going just go ahead and be a fuddy-duddy here:  you certainly did well with what's available, but it still, to me, sounds like a bunch of artificially extracted stuff put together.  It lacks the air that having discrete multis recorded simultaneously in the same room should have.  Not to say I'm not happy you're doing this, but I think there's no substitute for remixes from original tape.

I only take a critical bent here because I've a huge advocate for Wild Honey being remixed.  I've heard some really stellar remixes Linett has tried, and to me, they're just mind-blowing.  This mix is novel, but I think a real remix from the masters would change the way people thing about humanity and reality.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »

yeah i'd love a remix of Wild Honey.  I think it'd "get it" more.  stereo mixes do wonders for me in this album.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »

Sonic killer! Would be good to have a try at Smiley Smile, wouldn't it? Generally, stereo wins mono hands down. In my very humble opinion.
Mono works really well on sparsely produced stuff, like rockabilly, but stereo really helps densely produced stuff like "Pet Sounds". So I don't know if stereo would make much of a difference on "Smiley Smile", but I'd sure like to hear a stereo "Wild Honey".
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 05:06:04 AM »

I'm going just go ahead and be a fuddy-duddy here:  you certainly did well with what's available, but it still, to me, sounds like a bunch of artificially extracted stuff put together.  It lacks the air that having discrete multis recorded simultaneously in the same room should have.  Not to say I'm not happy you're doing this, but I think there's no substitute for remixes from original tape.

I only take a critical bent here because I've a huge advocate for Wild Honey being remixed.  I've heard some really stellar remixes Linett has tried, and to me, they're just mind-blowing.  This mix is novel, but I think a real remix from the masters would change the way people thing about humanity and reality.
I hear what you mean, I think. It's a bit flat sounding- I had also been thinking there was no space in the sound (or "air" as you put it). I put a little echo on it before adding it to my ipod playlist.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »

IIRC, Wild Honey generally sounded like the air had been sucked out of the room-- sort of like Smiley Smile with a backbeat. 

This stereo mix sounded spot-on to me.  The bass sounded so freaking deep it was almost unbelievable (in a good way), but that might've been the mp3 player adding eq-- but I doubt it was.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »

Sorry I took so long to comment; only now got to hear the stereo "Darlin'."

VERY nice! Seriously, I wish you'd give us a hint as to how you did it other than just telling us Adobe Audition. Smiley  (Can the same thing be done with, say, Audacity??)

My only gripe: the EQ....too middle...could use a little more high end...have a feeling that it might kind of bring out some of the digital artifacts if you did that, though, know what I mean?

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx