gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:46:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 54: Ippodromo delle Capannelle, Rome 26th July 2012  (Read 39160 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »

Brian -- He's definitely always playing the right song, and at least sometimes in the mix.

You realize you're dealing with a disfunctional band when you find yourself making comments like that.

Excuse my smart-ass remark, Andrew. And thanks for the great report.

BTW, I wonder if the band can hear Bruce's keys through the monitors?

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 05:14:36 AM »

Bruce posted on the BBB not too long ago that the smaller venues made it difficult to set up the video screens and therefore, the tributes had to be omitted.

Not all the venues for the Euro tour are particularly small though.

Oh well, bit of a shame.

The way he said it made it seem as if most pf the venues were small. But he did hint that the UK shows may be more appealing to people willing to hear deeper cuts  Wink

The UK shows will have the screens.

OK, this has made my day. I'm bringing friends who are fans of say, the Endless Summer parts of the set and I really wanted them to see the video tributes.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 08:17:20 AM »

Bruce posted on the BBB not too long ago that the smaller venues made it difficult to set up the video screens and therefore, the tributes had to be omitted.

Well, the O2-Arena in Berlin should be large enough, but it's the shipping costs I guess. Bummer.

Yeah, a capacity of 17.000 isn't very small imo.
I said it before, I don't think that in time of internet where everybody can see what kind of show you put on right after it happened, you can make such a cut in the show, especially for something that many people regrad as the emotional high point of the show. I know it's a small thing and we're still getting to see the Beach Boys (!) and will hear a great show but it leaves kinda a bad taste in your mouth. Especially if it's because of money. I believe in one of the videos they said that they will have video tributes to Dennis and Carl in the show and they didn't say "only for America".
We'll have our fun at the show anyway, I'm sure
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:19:35 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »

Well, the O2-Arena in Berlin should be large enough, but it's the shipping costs I guess. Bummer.

I said it before, I don't think that in time of internet where everybody can see what kind of show you put on right after it happened, you can make such a cut in the show, especially for something that many people regrad as the emotional high point of the show. I know it's a small thing and we're still getting to see the Beach Boys (!) and will hear a great show but it leaves kinda a bad taste in your mouth. Especially if it's because of money
Allegedly Mike is running a tight reunion ship, financially. They are trying to get as much ouf of it as possible.

But isn't the screen supposed to be back for the UK shows? Maybe we'll have it in Berlin as well...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »

I said it before, I don't think that in time of internet where everybody can see what kind of show you put on right after it happened, you can make such a cut in the show, especially for something that many people regrad as the emotional high point of the show. I know it's a small thing and we're still getting to see the Beach Boys (!) and will hear a great show but it leaves kinda a bad taste in your mouth. Especially if it's because of money
Allegedly Mike is running a tight reunion ship, financially. They are trying to get as much ouf of it as possible.

But isn't the screen supposed to be back for the UK shows? Maybe we'll have it in Berlin as well...

I don't know about Denmark and which other shows will be played before friday, but it might be that Berlin is the first indoor show in Europe. That indeed could be reason for a change. I think Mönchegladbach is outdoor again. Don't know about Stuttgart

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »

Check out Jeff's introduction of Mike  Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtqAhfeOLXM&feature=player_embedded#!

- Jack Rieley
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »

Brian -- at various points in the Rome show he played odd little bass runs with his left hand which were audible in the mix, and during the intro and first verse of Kokomo he was the only one playing keyboards, and he was *very* audible then. He's definitely always playing the right song, and at least sometimes in the mix.

So he WASN'T playing in the key of BW?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 01:35:32 AM »

Here's my longer blog post about both Italian gigs -- http://andrewhickey.info/2012/07/31/what-i-did-on-my-holidays-by-andrew-aged-33-34/

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 04:55:23 AM »

Here's a picture gallery. I believe at least some pictures were already posted but maybe not all:

http://www.spaziorock.it/fotogallery.php?&id=516

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx