gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680847 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 04:18:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: seltaeb1012002's Stereo Remixes Thread (update: My Little Red Book w/drums)  (Read 38633 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2015, 05:08:48 AM »

Very cool, thank you!
I've said it in my review of the album but again, Brian singing the high parts is so emotional because of his well-worn voice. Love it

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2015, 10:21:42 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/smilead/brian-wilson-my-little-red-book-with-wild-honey-era-drums

I sampled the drums from Darlin' and tediously lined them up with the demo of "My Little Red Book". Enjoy!
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »

Whoa! Cool.
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2015, 03:22:53 PM »

Really, really cool! It's a much nicer listening experience to me and it's totally how it would have sounded had snare drum been added back then!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2015, 03:30:28 PM »

Fantastic!  Worth the effort.  Thanks.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Terry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »

Nice!
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2015, 04:48:39 PM »

Sounds good seltaeb, thanks for posting.
I guess Brian's typical drum arrangements (simple kick and snare, no cymbals) at least made this easier than it could have been!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2015, 07:17:20 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/smilead/brian-wilson-my-little-red-book-with-wild-honey-era-drums

I sampled the drums from Darlin' and tediously lined them up with the demo of "My Little Red Book". Enjoy!

Super rad - thanks for doing this! Drum editing is super tedious, so the effort is much appreciated!
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »

My Little Red Book (with 'Wild Honey' era drums):  http://soundcloud.com/smilead/brian-wilson-my-little-red-book-with-wild-honey-era-drums

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing!  Greatly appreciated.  Your work is marvelous.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2015, 12:58:21 AM »

There are two fan remixes that I've always wanted to see(er, hear?) somebody try. One of them is Brian's 1976 "Sherry She Needs Me" vocal synced with the other "Sandy" backing track. The other is Brian's Smile era vocal of "Wonderful" synced up with the "Rock With Me Henry" backing track.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2015, 08:13:49 AM »

Glad u all dig that mix. I had it lying around for a few years, just forgot to upload it!

There are two fan remixes that I've always wanted to see(er, hear?) somebody try. One of them is Brian's 1976 "Sherry She Needs Me" vocal synced with the other "Sandy" backing track. The other is Brian's Smile era vocal of "Wonderful" synced up with the "Rock With Me Henry" backing track.

Haven't tried Sherry, but I did do Wonderful over the Rock With Me Henry track.

https://vimeo.com/39892348 @ 3:15
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:38:42 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »

Glad u all dig that mix. I had it lying around for a few years, just forgot to upload it!

Haven't tried Sherry, but I did do Wonderful over the Rock With Me Henry track.

https://vimeo.com/39892348 @ 3:15

Aaahhh, I´d forgotten how epic this mix was.

You truly have a good ear for music and it´s when one hears such mixes that one really perceives the "connection" within the music. Keep up the superb work man! Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx