gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:33:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: seltaeb1012002's Stereo Remixes Thread (update: My Little Red Book w/drums)  (Read 38562 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »

I'm in America and it's blocked. Your mixes are great, though!

Yikes. Yeah, it was playing for me when I was logged in, but then I tried from a different account and saw it was blocked. Ah, well. That was probably my favorite mix. And thank u!
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »

Can we still eventually expect to hear Aren't You Glad?! I was very excited to hear you were succeeding with it, that may be my favourite Wild Honey track ^_^

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »

Can we still eventually expect to hear Aren't You Glad?! I was very excited to hear you were succeeding with it, that may be my favourite Wild Honey track ^_^

At some point I definitely wanna finish that one up. Been bogged down with a bunch of production / mixing work as well as working on my own album, but one of these days I'll get back into vocal extraction mode and knock that out. I'll post a snippet of what I did so far if you wanna hear it.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 11:29:40 PM »

At some point I definitely wanna finish that one up. Been bogged down with a bunch of production / mixing work as well as working on my own album, but one of these days I'll get back into vocal extraction mode and knock that out. I'll post a snippet of what I did so far if you wanna hear it.

Can you re-upload Walk On By - Extended Mix on SoundCloud or something?  Love to hear it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:49:03 AM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
AllIWannaDo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »

Can you re-upload Walk On By - Extended Mix) on SoundCloud or something?  Love to hear it.

seconded
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »

Can you re-upload Walk On By - Extended Mix) on SoundCloud or something?  Love to hear it.

seconded
but not before the work in progress aren't you glad!  Grin

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »

Would also still love to hear what you can do with Little Girl I Once Knew, esp. since a stereo version of that may never be released.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »

Yikers island. Looks like they pulled all of my remixes from Youtube.  Angry Will have to figure out a new way to share these. Maybe Vimeo.

Would also still love to hear what you can do with Little Girl I Once Knew, esp. since a stereo version of that may never be released.

LGIOK is coming along very nicely. Get excited.   Smokin
Johnston65
Smiley Smile Associate

Can you even boogaloo it?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »

I'm pumped. One of my top 5 favorite Beach Boy songs.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »

I'm pumped. One of my top 5 favorite Beach Boy songs.

Hell yeah. Awesome song.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »

"Everytime I try to leave (Smile fan-mixing), something keeps pulling me back..."

This stereo mix of H&V is loosely based on Brian's early mix tests for the song, as well as a few clues given by the original names Brian gave the different sections. I extracted the vocals from the verses and placed it on the instrumental (which, originally in mono, now has different instruments panned out in the stereo field).

I used what's known as the "H&V Intro" as the bridge between H&V & DYLW. It's actually in the same key, so who knows, maybe this is what BW meant by "intro". No BWPS fly ins on this one, but I do use the harmonies on both verses. I used the acetate version of Bicycle Rider for the choruses & used the alternate backing track + double tracked Brian's vocals for the bridge just for the hell of it.

https://vimeo.com/51757254

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2012, 09:15:27 AM »

That was genius!!!! Truly.

Hate to be an ass, but can you do one without the vinyl noise?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »

That was genius!!!! Truly.

Hate to be an ass, but can you do one without the vinyl noise?

Thanks duder! Sure.
It takes forever to upload onto Vimeo, so I'll just PM anyone who wants to hear it without the vinyl crackle.
tonefloat
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »

THE best Smile mix i've ever heard in my entire life!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »

THE best Smile mix i've ever heard in my entire life!

Well I don't know about that. But, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
JCarson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2012, 03:33:21 AM »

Apologies for ignorance (been gone too long), but this is new Smile work yes? Different to Smile A.D. 3.0 ?

Any thoughts on revisiting Holidays? Either with 'Plymouth rock' vocal removed or lifted from BWPS? It's the only part of the 3.0 mix that doesn't seem right  by my ears. All the rest is GENIUS (twice over!).

By all means ignore this post!!!  Smiley
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »

These mixes are amazing! Well done!

Whilst we're on this subject, can anyone point me in the direction of the "Beach Boys Phasing Phun With Your Clothes On" compilations?  Roll Eyes

Any help appreciated...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »

Apologies for ignorance (been gone too long), but this is new Smile work yes? Different to Smile A.D. 3.0 ?

Any thoughts on revisiting Holidays? Either with 'Plymouth rock' vocal removed or lifted from BWPS? It's the only part of the 3.0 mix that doesn't seem right  by my ears. All the rest is GENIUS (twice over!).

By all means ignore this post!!!  Smiley

Yes, this is new. The last mix I did for 3.0 & 4.0 was the GV Box Set version in stereo. This one uses the Brian & Mike lead vocal trade-off from Brian's early mono mixes of the song, which I believe would've been done before the GV Box Set version. It also has Mike singing the first line of the Cantina section, and a few other format changes.
I haven't considered going back to Holidays to remove the DYLW vocals because that's part of the arrangement despite the quality issues, but I appreciate the comments!

Whilst we're on this subject, can anyone point me in the direction of the "Beach Boys Phasing Phun With Your Clothes On" compilations?  Roll Eyes

Any help appreciated...

Thanks. I haven't heard of that. Are those OOPS mixes or something?
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2012, 09:02:05 AM »

Any help appreciated...

Thanks. I haven't heard of that. Are those OOPS mixes or something?

http://www.reocities.com/phasephun/

Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2012, 12:58:41 AM »

I know this may not be the thread for this but if anyone is interested in listening to tracks OOP read this...

http://www.cabinessence.net/essays/oops.html

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2012, 02:39:07 AM »

seltaeb, I'd like to see you try and put sound effects in the cantina section. I always wanted to hear that section with actual cantina sound effects, cowboys drinking and smoking, playing cards, arguing in the background.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »

hey, that was awesomely cool!! now im all dancing..

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »

So, I figure instead of posting a new thread every time I finish a remix, I could just update this one and save the board some space.  Grin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW:

Walk On By - Stereo Extended Mix:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIw6SMt2bs

Any chance you could re-up this somewhere or send me a private message about where I might find it.  I lost my music library (again!) and loved having this in it.  I'd love even more to have it back again.  Great work!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »

Damn, sorry to hear u lost your library. Here u go:

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/16276903/file.html

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »

Here are a few more re-uploads (and some new ones*):

*My Solution (phase corrected, re-eq'd, some of the "sloppiness" in the middle edited out)
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/39642257/file.html

Little Girl I Once Knew (stereo mix)
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/66734911/file.html

A Thing Or Two (stereo mix)
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/52906385/file.html

*This Whole World (backing track continues at the end)
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/58257289/file.html

Our Sweet Love (with Brian's extra vocals flown in at the end)
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/81418168/file.html

Heroes And Villains (Mike & Brian verses in stereo) / Do You Like Worms (more f*ckery, double tracked hawaiian section)
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/57634949/file.html

Stereo SMiLE Mini-Mix Vol. 2 (Various mash-ups of SMiLE vocals + alternate instrumental takes)
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/65727624/file.html
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx