gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680881 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 10:09:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: seltaeb1012002's Stereo Remixes Thread (update: My Little Red Book w/drums)  (Read 38657 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »

Overall, what was cut was definitely a good choice, but there's a bit near the very end (but not AT the very end) where Brian is singing with Carl and it works really, really well.

Nice jerb ^_^

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »

Thanks Runners!

Took a stab at "A Thing Or Two". Not quite as on point as Darlin due to limited sources, but I did what I could. Enjoy  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8ByKF5UR0
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »

Awesome. NEver noticed the "Hoo-oo"s on the chorus. Love it.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »

Thanks Runners!

Took a stab at "A Thing Or Two". Not quite as on point as Darlin due to limited sources, but I did what I could. Enjoy  Grin

The absolute best one you've done so far. Actually sounds like a stereo remix that would appear on an official disc (barring a few sound quality things, but then again, it's youtube...). Fantastic job!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »

Thanks Runners!

Incredible..

Keep the Wild Honey material coming  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:07 PM »

Wow! That was a revelation. Love that song even more now.

Your best one bar none so far.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »

I'm dying to hear Here Comes The Night in stereo. These mixes have been really great so far. Screw the box, at the rate you're going we'll have a stereo Wild Honey long before then...

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 10:37:44 PM »

I'm dying to hear Here Comes The Night in stereo. These mixes have been really great so far. Screw the box, at the rate you're going we'll have a stereo Wild Honey long before then...

This!

Not that I believe the full "Wild Honey" album will be available in stereo on the box

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 03:45:07 AM »

Cool. Glad u all like it.

I'll see what I can do with Here Comes The Night.  Grin
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 03:59:26 AM »

Yeah, it sounds awesome, but Mikes vocal at the beginning sounds odd but i don't know why - it just doesn't sound right

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 04:16:23 AM »

Yeah, it sounds awesome, but Mikes vocal at the beginning sounds odd but i don't know why - it just doesn't sound right

Right, good ears. Like I said, the extraction isn't as clean as Darlin, or Do It Again for that matter.

There were LOUD interfering hi hats on the double tracked vocal, and that's pretty much the hardest thing to extract, so I had to reduce the quality of the 2nd vocal in order to keep the hi hats from phasing. The other option would have been to just keep it single tracked, and that's no fun.

Also, the guitar line happens to double Mike's notes exactly in a lot of spots, so trying to remove that from the vocal took away from the quality somewhat. A lot of this stuff relies on the vocal having it's own unique melody separate from the instruments. Any melodic overlapping (or loud drums) is where quality issues start to happen.

But I think it gives a good idea of what an authentic stereo mix could sound like.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »

Right, good ears. Like I said, the extraction isn't as clean as Darlin, or Do It Again for that matter.

There were LOUD interfering hi hats on the double tracked vocal, and that's pretty much the hardest thing to extract, so I had to reduce the quality of the 2nd vocal in order to keep the hi hats from phasing. The other option would have been to just keep it single tracked, and that's no fun.

Also, the guitar line happens to double Mike's notes exactly in a lot of spots, so trying to remove that from the vocal took away from the quality somewhat. A lot of this stuff relies on the vocal having it's own unique melody separate from the instruments. Any melodic overlapping (or loud drums) is where quality issues start to happen.

But I think it gives a good idea of what an authentic stereo mix could sound like.

I can definitely hear some artifacts and rough edges on A Thing Or Two. They aren't really noticeable on computer speakers, only headphones. But jeeze, the Darlin' one is so perfect. It's just great, period. I think it's the best stereo fan mix that I've ever heard.   

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 06:40:45 AM »

"A Thing or Two" has always (IMO) been the hidden gem on an LP filled with hidden gems, the apex of the entire reworking of the BB sound into R&B, so...bravo Seltaeb for giving us a vibrant new mix--as has been said already, it would be fantastic if you did all of Wild Honey, including the title track.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »

Like hearing it for the first time all over again. Thanks for bringing it back to life. WHEW!! w00t! w00t!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 03:06:47 AM »

Thanks, glad you all liked ATOT.

Here's a new one. This time it's an extended mix of "Walk On By" featuring the instrumental, backing vocals, full mix + acapella. I even spent a few minutes trying to recreate the muted "Each time we meet" line. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIw6SMt2bs
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 06:22:07 AM »

Here's a new one. This time it's an extended mix of "Walk On By" featuring the instrumental, backing vocals, full mix + acapella. I even spent a few minutes trying to recreate the muted "Each time we meet" line. Enjoy!

Very clever way of building the track up effectively. Always wondered why this was all Brian did...

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
oldsurferdude
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 07:09:24 AM »

REALLY looking forward to hearing HCTN-for me, it was (along with CA) the standout track from WH. Cool
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 08:15:57 AM »

There's two real good stereo Good Vibrations on Youtube. One finished and the other one is still a work in progress. Please don't abort the mission on the version in progress! You're off to a GREAT start, Seltaeb!!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »

"Our Sweet Love" with the Brian vocals flown in was real good too.  They shoulda left it in the original!

I'm kinduva purist, but like Surferdude said, these are like hearing it for the first time all over again! 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:02 PM »

Thanks for the comments and for giving me an outlet to share my mixes.

How heartbreaking is Brian's falsetto on Walk On By? Maybe the last great falsetto lead from him. I'm hard pressed to think of a better whine after that one.

Very clever way of building the track up effectively. Always wondered why this was all Brian did...

I agree man, it's a shame he didn't finish it up. I can vibe out to that one endlessly.

There's two real good stereo Good Vibrations on Youtube. One finished and the other one is still a work in progress. Please don't abort the mission on the version in progress! You're off to a GREAT start, Seltaeb!!

Ehh, idk man, the stereo extraction mix on the Smiley Smile remaster is probably better than what I can do with it. I don't know if it'll be anything groundbreaking, but I might finish it up one of these days.

REALLY looking forward to hearing HCTN-for me, it was (along with CA) the standout track from WH. Cool
[/quote]

That's a tough one, not sure if it's happening, but who knows. I did get a pretty promising start on "Aren't You Glad".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 07:01:04 AM »

Seltaeb, the thing that sets your Good Vibrations stereo mic apart from the others is the inclusion of the early "Good, Good, Good, Good Vibrations, yeah!" vocals on the verses! To my knowledge, nobody's done that before. It's very cool and worth the effort! And including the "Hum-dee-dum" and alternate ending like the TSS version is very cool!  And if you wanted to do a version with Asher's lyrics - it would be outstanding!

You're doing great - please don't give up on it!   Grin

NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »

Dang, Do It Again is down  Undecided
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »

Thanks Runners!

Took a stab at "A Thing Or Two". Not quite as on point as Darlin due to limited sources, but I did what I could. Enjoy  Grin

Great job!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 04:39:43 AM »

Dang, Do It Again is down  Undecided

Is it? What country are you in? I just got this e-mail from youtube last night

"Your video "Do It Again (Stereo Remix) The Beach Boys", may have content that is owned or licensed by EMI, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, it may be blocked, or ads may appear next to it."

Thanks Runners!

Took a stab at "A Thing Or Two". Not quite as on point as Darlin due to limited sources, but I did what I could. Enjoy  Grin

Great job!

Thank u!
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »

I'm in America and it's blocked. Your mixes are great, though!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx