gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:52:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Brian play harmonica on Santa Ana Winds?!!?  (Read 1650 times)
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:28:56 PM »

I recently got the KTSA/'85 two-fer and am obsessed with it, especially Santa Ana Winds.  In AGD's liner notes, he says Brian "allegedly" played the harmonica on that track.  If this is true, it is perhaps the coolest piece of Brian trivia I have ever heard.  I had just assumed it was a session player.  Whoever plays that harmonica was absolutely wailing on it!  Could that really be Brian?  That would just be too awesome!  Does anyone know for sure?

"Your rent bill is high, so you work to try and get by . . . "
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 06:26:40 PM »

I never really thought about it, that is pretty cool. aahhhhh, the minor works of Brian Wilson on the Keepin the Summer Alive album. a whole lot better than that alternative vocal to Oh Darling.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 10:33:01 AM »

Yeah, I just love the image of Brian blowing on that harmonica.  I like picturing him relaxing on some creaky front porch rocker, his feet up on the railing, a cowboy hat down low over his eyes, his hands cupping the harmonica, as Al strums the guitar and they work out that song.

"Santa Ana Winds" is a more authentic 70s/Eagles style "California" song than the Eagles ever recorded, IMO.  (Although there is no excuse for the spoken intro.)

"Your rent bill is high, so you work to try and get by . . . "
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx