gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680816 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 11:31:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 51: Harvey's Lake Tahoe Amphitheater - Stateline, NV 7/15/12  (Read 27475 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

Facebook:

Fun Fun Fun

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 11:08:05 AM »

Hey -  Billy back with the band! Now Al needs to slip Ed Carter and a few more of the old team in, and we'll be right back where we belong!

“We live in divisive times.”
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »

Hey -  Billy back with the band! Now Al needs to slip Ed Carter and a few more of the old team in, and we'll be right back where we belong!

I wouldn't really like to see that. Sure, Ed Carter is great and the old guys too. But the current band is better than any band the Beach Boys ever had imo. No matter how great Ed would play he probably wouldn't add anything.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »

Ivy, are you out there?  Waiting for your review if you have one!!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

Facebook:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:50:14 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »

Yes, I am here!

The show was absolutely incredible. I wanted to go to a second show because the first time I was seated in front of Mike and Al and could hardly see Brian. This time around I had a perfect view of him and thought he rocked harder than I had seen at Berkeley and in youtube clips. He seemed to be in a really happy mood and was smiling a ton. His voice was stronger and smoother than I have heard from him this tour. The only mess up I saw from him was stumbling in late on TWGMTR, which seems to happen often.

There were a lot of lyric screw-ups. Unsurprisingly, Al was behind a fair number of them. But he sounded as good as ever.

I reallllllllllllllllllllllly loved Dave's Pet Sounds solo. I have been avoiding reading about set lists so it came as a surprise to me and I was blown away.

California Saga sounded beautiful but were kind of an awkward presence. I don't think the crowd really knew what to do with them. Also, the songs they performed are not horribly well-known so that added to the tepid response, imo. Mike was standing just a few feet stage right the whole time giving thumbs up and blowing kisses to his daughter. It was pretty sweet.

Some of the most interesting stuff happened off of the stage. For one thing, the crowd was FULL of family. Mike's wife and his wife's family were seated on either side of me. He also mentioned that his first wife was in the crowd as well. Just a row or two behind Mike's wife was Melinda and a selection of their children (the two teenage girls and a young son, I think.) I stayed at Harvey's hotel.... and so did everyone else! I saw Bruce and Dave after the show in the elevator well. Dave chatted a little bit but Bruce was "closed for business" (lol!) They were both totally unaccompanied in the middle of a huge mass of fans. I saw basically all of the California Saga in the lobby along with assorted backing band members (who no one else seemed to recognize at all). Marilynn Wilson-Rutherford was in front of me in the line for Starbucks and Billy and Carnie both came over to talk to her. It was pretty awesome. Like a Beach Boys bio was coming to life before my very eyes!

An incredible experience. A beautiful location. A fun travel buddy. (hey KW! I know you're reading this!) And a perfect last American performance. Bravo!

I took a couple of videos and pictures, I'll post when I get a chance to upload.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »

Cool video form the sound check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3yNSen7gTo

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »

Thanks for the link for "Wendy" -- cough and all!

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 11:02:32 PM »

One hour of gig here:

http://youtu.be/2K7YU_9C9Tg

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 07:51:31 AM »

One hour of gig here:

http://youtu.be/2K7YU_9C9Tg

Very nice. Thank you !

I'm still hoping someone will tell Mike to shut up during the end round of GOK !

- Jack Rieley
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »

Wow Ivy, that's some pretty cool stuff. Just to clarify, did Bruce actually say to you he was closed for business?

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »

Wow Ivy, that's some pretty cool stuff. Just to clarify, did Bruce actually say to you he was closed for business?

Yes, lol. He was kind of rude but I don't blame him. He looked totally exhausted.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx