gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:31:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The many punishments of Murry Wilson  (Read 19714 times)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 01:27:17 PM »

You're all flatting!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »

One time in the spring of 1963 Murry Wilson was coming 'round the mountain when he comes. He was driving his daddy's car now taking Carl and Dennis to a nearby diner called the Columnated Ruins Diner-o because they were gettin' hungry on graduation day. Outside the diner he saw a homeless man with new school threads who was devoted to you.

"In fifteen minutes I'll be on the train beause I just got my pay", whispered the homeless man who lived in an apartment just a few blocks down the street.

"Land ahoy", Carl greeted - right before the homeless man started to melt away. Melt away.

Murry then told Brian, who was not there at the time (he was in my room), to stop taunting the beaded cheering indians behind them.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »

Every week, The Wilsons would sit down to watch The Twilight Zone together. No matter what the episode was about Murry would yell, "Actually, they're STILL on Planet Earth!" every three minutes. This wasn't necessarily a punishment but it was really annoying.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »

Murry used to creep in his boys room at night while they were sleeping, pull down his pants and fart in their faces.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »

Every week, The Wilsons would sit down to watch The Twilight Zone together. No matter what the episode was about Murry would yell, "Actually, they're STILL on Planet Earth!" every three minutes. This wasn't necessarily a punishment but it was really annoying.
Such behaviour is of course not acceptable!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:35:26 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

Believe it or not, Audree predicted to Murry than one day in the future, after they are dead and gone, a whole generation of fools and deluded malcontents would rise up and create a whole foul smelling Beach Boy mythology full of lies, half truths and vulgar jokes and innuendos. Murry of course beat her senseless and then proceeded to Capitol Records where he hid under Nik's desk until he died of love for his boys. Dave Marks and Mike Love were hired to clean up the mess on Monday mourning.

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »

Is it true that Murry killed Elvis Presley?
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »

Murry convinced Carl that he was Mexican and then made him wear a fake moustache.

The stories are endless, really

Really quite amusing. LOL

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:36:56 PM by mutedtrumpeterswan » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »

What are some other things this monster put the guys through?

One time, Murry asked the three boys if they wanted to take a ride in the car. They all said, "Sure!" They took a spin over to Murry's local bank branch. He said to the boys, "I'm just going to be a few minutes. Brian, why don't you sit behind the wheel and take charge of the music. I know how you're 'into' that kind of thing." The boys hung out in the car and waited. Several minutes later, Murry came running out of the bank with large sacks with dollar signs on them. He got into the passenger seat and said to Brian, "Drive! Drive! I'll explain later!"

One morning, Murry woke the boys up at a staggeringly early 4AM. "We're going fishing!" he said. "We need an early start." The boys got showered and got dressed and marched downstairs with their fishing poles. Just as they were about to go, Murry looked in the fridge and said, "Oh, sorry, I forgot I just got some fish yesterday. Go back to bed."

Everytime the family were out, Murry would make the boys stop and watch whenever they encountered an old man eating a sandwich.

At Brian's birthday party, Murry tried to impress Brian's friends by showing them how he could literally cough up a lung.

Murry once filled a boot with horse manure and forced Dennis to hold it and go door-to-door asking if it belonged to anyone.

Once Murry tried to get Brian to mould for him an ashtray using nothing but his ass and some mud.

Murry convinced Carl that he was Mexican and then made him wear a fake moustache.

The stories are endless, really.

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 03:11:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THoYNZPNDq0

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
halblaineisgood
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 04:48:07 AM »

Murry once replaced all of Brian's copies of Be my Baby, with Two Step Side Step.
Russ_B66
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »

Murry once replaced all of Brian's copies of Be my Baby, with Two Step Side Step.

Sometimes he would pop out of the closet as it played doing the dance step that he created for the song.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 12:36:48 AM »

Carl broke a string in '61 and when he approached his father to fix the problem, the penny pinching and ever resourceful Murry extracted a combination of his own asshair and Carl's eyelashes to weave together a new string (This was likely the reason Carl never soloed with his teeth in the early years).

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 12:54:38 AM »

And shortly after, Murry died in mysterious circumstances.
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2016, 02:24:10 AM »

Once Murry woke the boys up in the middle of the night telling them he had got them a puppy. The boys rushed downstairs only to find a dead dog that Murry had run over with his car.
"Clean it up" Murry whispered before he returned to bed
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2016, 05:03:55 AM »

Murry punished Wilson brothers many times. That's why Brian is insecure. Carl & Dennis left with scars.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Cool One
Smiley Smile Associate

WOW

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2016, 12:02:14 PM »

Murry was no fool, was the following

Roll Eyes : "I´m Murry and I Hit Brian with 2x4 and left Deaf"
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »

After eating a hearty helping of chili and extra-strong smoothlax, Murry put on Brian's newest pair of pants and told an unsuspecting Carl to pull his finger.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2016, 03:35:20 PM »

Murry was the worst! He:

--made Brian stay in his room

--sold Brian's surfboard

--cut off all Brian's hair in his sleep

--tacked up boards on Brian's window (gosh it's dark!)

--jerked Brian's phone right out of the wall

--(apparently with an accomplice...maybe Audree?) gave Brian breadcrumbs and a little glass of water while they ate steak

--took Brian's radio and used it in his own room
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:38:11 PM by sockittome » Logged
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2016, 06:45:48 AM »

Bruce Johnston, prior to his tenure as a Brian fill-in on tour, had to endure a bit of Murry hazing before he was given the job.

Late one night in early Spring 1965, in Western studios, Murry and Bruce were alone, talking about the upcoming tour.  Murry positioned a portable microphone stand and microphone in front of Bruce.

With Bruce and Murry on opposite sides of the microphone stand, Murry stared angrily at Bruce, forcing him to look directly into Murry’s glass eye.  Murry then slowly unscrewed the mic fastener, and the mic began to slip down the stand. 

Bruce was confused and unsure of what to do next.  Murry screamed at the top of his lungs: “FIX IT!!! IT’S SLIPPING!!! GET IT BACK UP YOU F’ING PREPPY PANSY!!!”

Bruce nearly sh*t his pants and quickly adjusted the mic stand.  Murry berated him: “If you’re going to take my son’s place and sing his parts, then you have to make sure this microphone never drops on stage!!!”

Murry again stared into Bruce’s eyes and loosened the screw again.  Bruce was ready this time, and quickly grabbed the slipping mic and put it back into position.

“Good, good” Murry replied.  “Never, NEVER let this happen on stage.  ALWAYS be aware of the mic stand and never let it out of your sight!”

To this day, Bruce is always adjusting his mic stand on stage, still recalling that fateful and frightenting day with Murry.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2016, 07:08:52 AM »

Any of these jokes is in poor taste & /or outright unfunny/dumb. IMHO!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »

1. Murry invented Duophonic and forced Capitol to use it, tormenting Brian who wanted his 1965-7 albums released in mono only.
2. After poor Murry was humiliated at the Help Me Rhonda session, he made off with one of the song's vocal overdubs, ensuring a proper stereo mix could never be made in the future.
3. Murry stole the multi-track of Do It Again from Carl's convertible.
4. Murry tormented Brian during the 'Til I Die sessions. "Think of every punishment I doled out to you," he told Brian, which resulted in a great song.
5. Selling Sea of Tunes, of course (this one's true)
wingsoveramerica
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2016, 06:11:52 PM »

Any of these been confirmed?

Jon G.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »

in 1966 after Pet Sounds Brian needed some ideas so he went to his dad and his dad gave him a song called "Good Vibrations" and it became a hit so he went to Murry after that for more tunes and Murry slowly, over months and  months gave him bits and pieces of songs and told him how to piece them together like a puzzle,Murry hired Van Dyke Parks to pass his lyrics to Brian as if they were his and then one day fired him after Parks complained abut how Mike was complaining about Murry's lyrics and it pissed Murry off so bad that he burnt down a building down the street from where Brian was recording Murry's new instrumental called "Mrs.O'Leary's cow" and so one day when Brian asked him if he could help him finish the album, Murry said no and took the tapes and hid them and Murry started bootlegging the songs in order to make money. then Brian remembering what they sounded like re-recorded them but they were not as good as the original because Brian didn't know how Murry arranged the songs and it embarrassed Brian so much he told the Beach Boys just to say that they produced it and not him. This is the true story of Smile/Smiley Smile...
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2016, 01:20:36 PM »

There was one time when Murry met with Phil Spector at a bar and got drunk with him and he said to him "you know what would be a funny prank to play on Brian?"  "What's that?" "We should like little microphones in his house, you know in the walls and such and listen to everything that goes on in the house. then we can place little speakers in the wall and also talk to him as if we are in his head." Phil agreed and the rest is history.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx