gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:49:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The many punishments of Murry Wilson  (Read 19720 times)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »

I'm currently reading Wouldn't it be nice: My own story, (yes, I know Brian didn't have much to do with it) but I thought it would be interesting nonetheless. It mentions some of the apparent punishments Murry dished out to Brian. He tied Brian to a tree, beat him with a 2x4, and perhaps the most disturbing, forced him to poop on newspaper in the kitchen like an animal, and then clean it.

Oh yeah, how could I forget him taking out his eye and forcing his kids to look inside.

What are some other things this monster put the guys through?

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »

AKA "The most depressing thread in Smiley Smile history"

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »

What are some other things this monster put the guys through?

One time, Murry asked the three boys if they wanted to take a ride in the car. They all said, "Sure!" They took a spin over to Murry's local bank branch. He said to the boys, "I'm just going to be a few minutes. Brian, why don't you sit behind the wheel and take charge of the music. I know how you're 'into' that kind of thing." The boys hung out in the car and waited. Several minutes later, Murry came running out of the bank with large sacks with dollar signs on them. He got into the passenger seat and said to Brian, "Drive! Drive! I'll explain later!"

One morning, Murry woke the boys up at a staggeringly early 4AM. "We're going fishing!" he said. "We need an early start." The boys got showered and got dressed and marched downstairs with their fishing poles. Just as they were about to go, Murry looked in the fridge and said, "Oh, sorry, I forgot I just got some fish yesterday. Go back to bed."

Everytime the family were out, Murry would make the boys stop and watch whenever they encountered an old man eating a sandwich.

At Brian's birthday party, Murry tried to impress Brian's friends by showing them how he could literally cough up a lung.

Murry once filled a boot with horse manure and forced Dennis to hold it and go door-to-door asking if it belonged to anyone.

Once Murry tried to get Brian to mould for him an ashtray using nothing but his ass and some mud.

Murry convinced Carl that he was Mexican and then made him wear a fake moustache.

The stories are endless, really.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:50:43 AM by rockandroll » Logged
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:50:38 AM »

Murray once told Brian "I got you a puppy for Christmas but I got hungry on the way home and ate it. Just kidding son, I'd never buy you a puppy".
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »

Is this all true actually true?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »

I pretty much believe anything at this point.
Nothing was too crazy for Murry.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »

Murry once forged a fake birth certificate and told the boys that Mike was not actually their cousin but their secret older brother and that they would inherit his receeding hairline.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:50 AM »

Is this all true actually true?

Especially the Mexi-stache for Carl.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:25 AM »

In 1961, Murry told Brian, "You may think you're a great songwriter now but I just teleported to the future and it turns out you write this." He then proceeded to play "Smart Girls", and did some futuristic breakdancing to it while Brian watched, horrified.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 11:00:21 AM »

In 1961, Murry told Brian, "You may think you're a great songwriter now but I just teleported to the future and it turns out you write this." He then proceeded to play "Smart Girls", and did some futuristic breakdancing to it while Brian watched, horrified.

I thought Murry showed Brian that in 1967 (just before Brian became reclusive)....

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »

I thought Murry showed Brian that in 1967 (just before Brian became reclusive)....

Sorry - typo.   LOL
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »

Once, Murry stopped cutting the lawn for three months, letting the grass grow really long and then he forced Brian to go out there with the mechanical lawn mower and cut it. Brian came in, after hours of hard work, exhausted. Murry said to Brian, "That lawn was in pretty rough shape but it's nothing in comparison to the hellish situation that has been taking place inside my nose since I turned 30." There was a long pause and then Murry said, "You ever see pictures of the fields in Vietnam?"
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »

AKA "The most depressing thread in Smiley Smile history"

Nevermind!

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »

At Brian and Marilyn's wedding reception, Murry yelled out, "Look at me! I'm Brian Wilson!" Then he proceeded to unzip his fly, put the spout end of a wine bottle into his pants and went, "Glug, glug, glug" until the bottle of wine emptied.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »

It's amazing how many variations of the sh*t story are out there. There's what, Murry forcing Brian to sh*t -- which is ridiculous! What kind of weirdass punishment is that? There's Brian sh*tting and putting it near Murry's food, and Dennis sh*tting and putting it near Murry's food. Lorren Daro's view on the Scatological Rashomon is that Dennis did it, he said Brian told him.

Is there a version of the story where the sh*t was analyzed and proven to be AL JARDINE'S!?!?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:38:33 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »

the Scatological Rashomon

Brilliant.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »

Murry convinced Carl that he was Mexican and then made him wear a fake moustache.

The stories are endless, really.

This made my sides ache.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »

Thanks! Just thought of another one:

Once, Murry gathered all three boys into the living room and sat them on the couch and said, "It's time we addressed the elephant in the room." Then he pointed to a man sitting in the corner who suffered from elephant-man syndrome.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »

One Christmas, the family sat around the Christmas tree. Dennis saw that there was a big box with a note attached saying, "To Dennis. With Love From Your Father, Mr. Murry Wilson." Dennis grabbed the carefully wrapped box, and looked at his father, and asked, "What is it?" Murry said with a grin, "Remember that toy robot you wanted?" Dennis eagerly and gleefully unwrapped the present, opened up the box to find, not a toy robot but A SWARM OF BEES!!!!
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »

I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread. Well done guys, keep going.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »

Someone needs to do a one man show as Murry Wilson. "A theatrical tour de force! The glass eyeball scene will have you spellbound."
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 01:11:30 PM »

Once, Murry paid a local artisan to craft a mask that looked like Brian and then went out with it on and mooned a bunch of nuns.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »

Once, Murry paid a local artisan to craft a mask that looked like Brian and then went out with it on and mooned a bunch of nuns.
1975- 1982 "Brian" was really Murry! Shocked

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
ahoutman1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »

Once, Murray syncopated Brian's dog to death.
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »

1975- 1982 "Brian" was really Murry! Shocked

Yes, Murry locked Brian in a cellar in 1973, and then faked his own death in order to take on Brian's identity.  He got away with it at first by mostly hiding in bed, but by the mid-'70s people were beginning to notice that Brian's appearance, behaviour and voice had all changed somewhat.  Still, though, Murry persevered with this prank, eventually giving the game away in 2004 by finishing Smile.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx