gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681511 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 11:54:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recent interview with Al (and not-so-recent photo)  (Read 1037 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/07/al_jardine_beach_boys_interview.php

The above interview with Al appeared last week to help promote their Phoenix show. Worth checking out partly because the photo is of '71-vintage Al, complete with Pilgrim hat. And partly because of the concluding part:

"Was there any nervousness during the lead-up to the tour?

It was real natural, it was just like riding a bike. Just get back on and go. We've all been working on our own stuff, our own seperate bands now for years. We sang the same stuff, and recorded too. I enjoy listening to Brian do Smile, that's what I enjoy. And Brian enjoys watching Mike do his shtick, and Bruce [Johnson] enjoys watching me do my shtick, David [Marks] does a nice lead guitar, Bruce does a nice version of "Disney Girls," which is his classic. Everybody admires everyone else. It's pretty nice."

Now Al's evidently talking about what's going on in this tour. When he refers to "Brian do[ing] Smile," is he talking about him singing H&V and GV onstage? Or might it be the case that Brian, every so often, wakes up at 2 am, rounds up Al (who'd be watching the National Geographic channel or something), heads down to the hotel lounge, sits down at the grand, and ever so softly plays a bit of Barnyard or Wind Chimes?!....nah, he's probably talking about H&V.
MBE
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »

Good interview and it hits on some things only a fan would ask. Very nice.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx