gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:28:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The e-Collaboration Thread (Prayer, Little Bird, Soulful Old Man Sunshine)  (Read 160880 times)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 05, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »

The harmonies for Little Bird are done!! Sending out parts tomorrow!

Right on!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 06, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »

Here's the vocal parts:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4wfn88
Get to it guys!

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 06, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »

Here's the vocal parts:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4wfn88
Get to it guys!

Have we defined who is taking what part?

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 06, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »

Not really, if you're interested, listen to the parts and pick your best range.

Little Bird: FOTM (producer); My Brother Woodie (lead); EgoHanger, seltaeb, egon, FOTM, _____ (backgrounds)

egon spengler
« Reply #379 on: November 06, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »

Not really, if you're interested, listen to the parts and pick your best range.

Well, back when we got this ball rolling we were talking about (high to low) EgoHanger (Brian), seltaeb (Al), me (Carl), and FOTM (Dennis) for the bg vox (still waiting on a low/Mike part). I'm assuming we'll stick with that lineup unless anyone can't/doesn't want to do it anymore.

I'm working at the polls today and can't see the sendspace file, but I'll check it tonight and let everyone know if there's anything special you need to know for the parts.
egon spengler
« Reply #380 on: November 06, 2012, 06:43:05 PM »

Okay, so here's the sheet music for Little Bird: http://www.sendspace.com/file/j52fph

The mp3s (and some other things I accidentally included) are in Mike's link.  For those of you working on LB, take a look at the sheet music before you sing the parts--I added a little bit of new stuff that won't make sense without knowing what to sing from the charts (like "bops" and stuff). If you have any questions, ask away!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:06 AM »

Here's my part. Let me know if it's not up to par or you need a revision or something.

http://soundcloud.com/egohanger/little-bird-brian-falsetto

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 07, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »

sounds good to me, I need to hear it in the blend to 100% okay it though Smiley

egon spengler
« Reply #383 on: November 08, 2012, 06:35:17 AM »

Here's my part. Let me know if it's not up to par or you need a revision or something.

Sounds great to me! Just one request--can you upload the two tracks separately? Just for panning/mixing purposes. Thanks!
halblaineisgood
« Reply #384 on: November 08, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »

Anyone interested in covering classic Christmas tunes and bundling them together as A Christmas Gift To You from SmileySmile.net! It might be fun to have a deadline.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 08, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

Sounds great to me! Just one request--can you upload the two tracks separately? Just for panning/mixing purposes. Thanks!

Oops - I didn't save them - I only have the final mixdown. If it's really that important I'll squeeze in time to re-record the vox.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 08, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »

I normally mix the highest and lowest harmonies down the middle, so it should be fine

egon spengler
« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »

So it just occurred to me that I can really easily put the guide vocals together for Our Prayer using my recording. So who all wants a line? The more the merrier--I'd love to get a huge chorus feel, so seriously like 3-4 for each line would be amazing. If I don't get a bunch of volunteers I'll just start picking people out who volunteered generally earlier.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »

So it just occurred to me that I can really easily put the guide vocals together for Our Prayer using my recording. So who all wants a line? The more the merrier--I'd love to get a huge chorus feel, so seriously like 3-4 for each line would be amazing. If I don't get a bunch of volunteers I'll just start picking people out who volunteered generally earlier.

I'd love to help out!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »

I'm totally in, I did one a while ago, so I'll be all set! haha

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: November 10, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »

I'd love to help out!

Ditto! Smiley

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »

I'd love to help out!

Ditto! Smiley

I'll take a part!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2012, 12:58:04 PM »

I would like to , as well.

Also down for the Christmas thing!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
egon spengler
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2012, 09:16:20 PM »

Great! Thanks to everyone for volunteering so quickly! I've uploaded a pair of mp3s for each vocal line in Our Prayer, one with the vocal line panned hard right so you can hear it "isolated," and one with the vocal line muted so you can practice without it. You can download each mp3 by clicking the little "down arrow" on the right on the soundcloud page. Anyone who's interested, pick a line that you're most comfortable singing, record away (preferably double-tracked), and send it my way.  

http://soundcloud.com/addsomemusicproject/sets/our-prayer/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:18:21 PM by egon spengler » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2012, 06:24:16 AM »

Great! Thanks to everyone for volunteering so quickly! I've uploaded a pair of mp3s for each vocal line in Our Prayer, one with the vocal line panned hard right so you can hear it "isolated," and one with the vocal line muted so you can practice without it. You can download each mp3 by clicking the little "down arrow" on the right on the soundcloud page. Anyone who's interested, pick a line that you're most comfortable singing, record away (preferably double-tracked), and send it my way.  

Brian falsetto:

http://soundcloud.com/egohanger/sets/our-prayer-brian-falsetto

The first few seconds of silence got lopped off - you'll have to synch it by adding a few seconds to the beginning. Sowwy about that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:56:18 AM by EgoHanger1966 » Logged

egon spengler
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »

Brian falsetto:

http://soundcloud.com/egohanger/sets/our-prayer-brian-falsetto

The first few seconds of silence got lopped off - you'll have to synch it by adding a few seconds to the beginning. Sowwy about that.
I've only listened to it on my phone, but it sounds great! I can't wait to mix it in.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:30:49 PM by egon spengler » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »

Did Carl's parts!

http://soundcloud.com/mikeleroymusic/sets/our-prayer-carl-parts/

egon spengler
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »

Sounding great, guys! Hopefully some more folks will be able to record parts this weekend.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »

Missed this totally! Do you need a Mike?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
egon spengler
« Reply #399 on: November 17, 2012, 04:00:28 AM »

Missed this totally! Do you need a Mike?
Definitely need a Mike--but anyone who wants to can join in on any part they want, even if we've already got someone covering it already! I'd like to get as many voices as possible on this one to get a huge choral feel.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx