gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:39:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The e-Collaboration Thread (Prayer, Little Bird, Soulful Old Man Sunshine)  (Read 160870 times)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »

RE Shunshine, just slowing it down a bunch and changing the instrumental arrangement - there's no chance in hell I can improve on the original track by using the same feel, but if one of you can do a bossa type shuffle on the drums I'd be in business. The vocal arrangement would still work with it, I think, so that would be cracking, Egon! Will whack up a rough demo tomorrow if I have time, to demonstrate. Think you'd rock on it, Seltaeb  Grin

I'd love the lead on Stevie, if we're calling them.

Love the Lonely Days idea if we can come up with something.

Nice!!! I'm super excited about Stevie, I love that song and have always longed for a full quality version of it. Never thought it would be by US though!!!
If we're calling them.....I'd be willing to do a lead on Somewhere Near Japan (or even settle for Al's and Carl's parts)  - and give the full lead to Break Away to Billy C, if he wants it.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2012, 04:17:47 PM »

Can someone get me some "Lonely Days" chords? I can't find them, I wrote a bridge that goes

"But when she calls, then i'll have a lot in store, When she calls, I'll be running to the door" then an instrumental interlude

egon spengler
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »

Can someone get me some "Lonely Days" chords? I can't find them, I wrote a bridge that goes

"But when she calls, then i'll have a lot in store, When she calls, I'll be running to the door" then an instrumental interlude

I've been wanting to figure out those Lonely Days chords for a while, so I'll take a crack at them tonight too. 
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »

Id like to put my hand up for lead vocals for Dont Worry Baby and In My Room if that's ok. Also I'd be more than happy to tackle any of the other lead parts if they are required ,as well as harmonies. Cool Smiley
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:34:06 PM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »

Id like to put my hand up for lead vocals for Dont Worry Baby and In My Room if that's ok. Also I'd be more than happy to tackle any of the other lead parts if they are required ,as well as harmonies. Cool Smiley

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say, YES, please!

Speaking of DWB, Ummm... would anyone object to using my backing track for this? http://soundcloud.com/smile-a-d/dont-worry-baby-ft-the-beach-1

I figure we could all replace the background harmonies, and maybe add some instrumental overdubs if anyone has any ideas.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say, YES, please!

Speaking of DWB, Ummm... would anyone object to using my backing track for this? http://soundcloud.com/smile-a-d/dont-worry-baby-ft-the-beach-1

I figure we could all replace the background harmonies, and maybe add some instrumental overdubs if anyone has any ideas.

I loved that backing track the first time I heard it. Has a great feel. I vote yay!

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2012, 06:59:56 PM »

Love it, maybe add some acoustic guitar?  I was gonna ask for DWB, but I agree Dmc should do it.

egon spengler
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »

Absolutely! One thing on DWB.. I mentioned earlier in the thread, but SurferGirl7 volunteered to sing and I think it would be cool to have her sing on the chorus (since it's basically quoting the girl). Perhaps a harmony duet?

That'd be awesome.. I really love the Be My Baby/DWB feel, and it's obviously a great head start since it's already done!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »

Absolutely! One thing on DWB.. I mentioned earlier in the thread, but SurferGirl7 volunteered to sing and I think it would be cool to have her sing on the chorus (since it's basically quoting the girl). Perhaps a harmony duet?

Maybe dmc could do the verses (which are sung from Brian's perspective) and SG7 could do the choruses (which are sung from Brian's girlfriend's perspective)Huh

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »

Sounds great to me!

I may do a little bit of work on "In My Room" tonight, just a little...

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »

Also, i'm going to be getting Little Bird ready for Vox soon, if you wanna do Drums, please chime in so I can send a clean track for overdubbing. Thanks!!

Also @My Brother Woody - I like your Dennis-esque vox, it may fit with the "later Dennis" motif of the cover... I'd like to hear you do some leads, not set in stone but if it clicks like I think it will...

Drumless Backing Track: http://www.sendspace.com/file/az35kr

New part added during the "Tree" lines... a very cool reference :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:44:30 PM by FatherOfTheMan » Logged

dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »

I love the DWB backing track ,and I'd be happy to have  Surfergirl doing the lead on that one(I didn't see her post earlier). Having a female doing lead with the rest of us on backing vocals would be an interesting combination. Let me know if you guys need a falsetto for the backing vocals. Cool Guy Smiley

"The ocean scares me."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »

I want 'This Whole World' and 'Breakaway', but esp. the former. I think that's the one that I could do best.

I loved that backing track the first time I heard it. Has a great feel. I vote yay!

I agree

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2012, 08:11:40 PM »

Also, i'm going to be getting Little Bird ready for Vox soon, if you wanna do Drums, please chime in so I can send a clean track for overdubbing. Thanks!!

Also @My Brother Woody - I like your Dennis-esque vox, it may fit with the "later Dennis" motif of the cover... I'd like to hear you do some leads, not set in stone but if it clicks like I think it will...

This is a great backing track. I spotted a IJWMFTT reference too!
 I know we have a couple people who can do drums - If someone else doesn't chime in by tomorrow morning I can give them a go.

egon spengler
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

Love the Surf's Up guitar riff! So there will be 5 main backing parts for Little Bird.. Going down the stack I have EgoHanger on top, then seltaeb, me, ___, and ____, with My Brother Woody on leads with seltaeb on the "what a day, what a day.." line.  Is that right? Who wants the two bottom parts? (full disclosure: there's not a ton to do on them.)

I haven't had a chance to work up the CIFOTM part yet, but there'll be a lot of extra vocal parts for that section.. at least another part for the 5 background vocalists, maybe more.

egon spengler
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »

Maybe dmc could do the verses (which are sung from Brian's perspective) and SG7 could do the choruses (which are sung from Brian's girlfriend's perspective)Huh

I think that's the way to go.. should sound very very cool. I was thinking we could do the same kinda thing with Somewhere Near Japan, except I then realized that pretty much the whole song is from the girl's perspective LOL
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »

I'll do some vocals on LB, I just meant no leads for the producer.

egon spengler
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »

give the full lead to Break Away to Billy C, if he wants it.

I want 'This Whole World' and 'Breakaway', but esp. the former. I think that's the one that I could do best.

EgoHanger, are you okay taking the main lead on Break Away if Billy C wants This While World?
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »

Lol just made a Moog-Era-Brian "In My Room"

It's too crazy to use haha

dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »

I think that's the way to go.. should sound very very cool. I was thinking we could do the same kinda thing with Somewhere Near Japan, except I then realized that pretty much the whole song is from the girl's perspective LOL

Sounds perfect!

"The ocean scares me."
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »

Lol just made a Moog-Era-Brian "In My Room"

It's too crazy to use haha

I'd like to hear that! Grin Cool

"The ocean scares me."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »

Me too! Let's do that too!!!

Ego- I'd be down for that.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2012, 11:23:12 PM »

Me too! Let's do that too!!!

Ego- I'd be down for that.
I am happy to do lead on anything you require.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »

I would like to be on I went to Sleep and Til I Die as well, in the harmonies. Possibly the Bruce part on SNJ if nobody else wants to do it.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2012, 02:36:32 AM »

Love the Surf's Up guitar riff! So there will be 5 main backing parts for Little Bird.. Going down the stack I have EgoHanger on top, then seltaeb, me, ___, and ____, with My Brother Woody on leads with seltaeb on the "what a day, what a day.." line.  Is that right? Who wants the two bottom parts? (full disclosure: there's not a ton to do on them.)

I haven't had a chance to work up the CIFOTM part yet, but there'll be a lot of extra vocal parts for that section.. at least another part for the 5 background vocalists, maybe more.

I want in!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx