gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:54:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys VS The Beatles  (Read 8206 times)
oldsurferdude
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »

Melinda vs. yoko while John and Brian make an awesome album together.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »

Bannana vs Billy Shears

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »

marilyn vs linda

or

annie vs astrid

or both barbies

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »

What about Jerry Lee Lewis vs Johnny Cash vs Carl Perkins vs Elvis Presley? I'm guessing Johnny would whoop all their asses although Jerry Lee would probably fight dirty and smash a bottle over his head. Undecided
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2013, 06:30:16 AM »

Jerry Lee wins that fight easily. That boy is crazy

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »

All you have to do to Mike Love to turn him into a fighting machine that would make Bruce Lee think twice is to give him his apple juice. It'd be a massacre. You just need to harness the suppressed rage that forty five years of mediation has given him.

Apart from Mike and Dennis, the beach boys are puny chubby fools. The Beatles, having grown up in Liverpool streets and getting into a fair few scraps etc. except Paul, another wuss.

A misconception. McCartney once beat up Stu Sutcliffe on stage in Hamburg. He also punched Wings guitarist Jimmy McCulloch backstage (knocking him out no less) for refusing to play an encore. He survived jail time in Japan without a scratch on him. Hell, he probably beat up Denny Laine once or twice for all I know. The man is a lot more hardened and ruthless than he comes off in public appearances. "Ram On" indeed!
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »

Have to chime in on this. No way could John Lennon take ANY of the Beach Boys. Even Bruce could probably beat up Lennon. I don't think Lennon had any athletic ability at all. 

Of course, Dennis could easily beat up any of the Beatles. It wouldn't even be a contest.

A showdown between Murray and Brian Epstein? It would be a bloodbath. Murray beats up Epstein, the rest of The Beatles and The Beach Boys for good measure...afterwards he sits alone in the ring and tunes in an easy listening radio station and cries like a baby.   
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »

Didn't Dennis beat up Jim Morrison and some other dude at some club for interrupting whoever was performing during an encore?
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 05:45:46 PM »

Have to chime in on this. No way could John Lennon take ANY of the Beach Boys. Even Bruce could probably beat up Lennon. I don't think Lennon had any athletic ability at all.  

Didn't Lennon almost beat Bob Wooler to death once?
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »

No. He gave him a bloody nose. Beating up Bob Wooler was no accomplishment. That's like beating up Regis Philbin.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 06:09:27 PM »

No. He gave him a bloody nose. Beating up Bob Wooler was no accomplishment. That's like beating up Regis Philbin.

I realize that we're not meant to take you at all seriously but just in case anyone else wants to know the real story, here it is:

http://www.beatlesbible.com/1963/06/21/john-lennons-assault-of-bob-wooler-reaches-the-national-press/
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »

I originally pitted Lennon against Dennis as they were both hard basteds, and unpredictable to boot.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 08:33:19 AM »

I think physically Dennis was stronger than Lennon but I think Lennon definitely had more of a fighter's instinct that would prove him the winner.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »

This is one funny topic, I'll tell you that. Just visualizing all the possibilities makes me laugh out loud,  Murry beating everybody up, everybody.  Lennon giving some guy a bloody nose. Dennis kicking Lennon's rear without breaking a sweat.  It's too much. I love it. Can't top any of the offerings.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »

Tag-team fight: Mike Love & Yoko Ono vs. David Marks & Pete Best

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

I misread that as 'tap dance fight' - I reckon Mike Love is a terrific tap dancer.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »

I misread that as 'tap dance fight' - I reckon Mike Love is a terrific tap dancer.
Things haven't been the same since Brian made Mike Love  and Van Dyke Parks have a tap dancing competition in 1966.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »

Every single member of the Beach Boys and the Beatles as well as George Martin, Murry Wilson and even Van Dyke Parks are fighting for their lives when just inside a house 20 feet away Brian is still asleep in dreamland.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »

Every single member of the Beach Boys and the Beatles as well as George Martin, Murry Wilson and even Van Dyke Parks are fighting for their lives when just inside a house 20 feet away Brian is still asleep in dreamland.

I think Brian would be one of those awkward fighters who'd beat the hell out of somebody, because he's so large.  He's huge, look at any of the pictures, he makes everybody else in the band look like a midget. 

I think the biggest bad-ass out of either band would have been John.  He was legitimately an asshole in his early life, he got in bar fights all the time, etc.  So I think he'd fight dirty and not care if he hurt somebody badly.  Mike's an asshole too but he doesn't want to be, to him everything he does has logic to it, he wants to meditate to stay balanced, blah blah blah, John in his early days just didn't care and was a prick. 

So I'd pick John, unless you killed him or something. 

Wait... still too soon?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »

What about Jerry Lee Lewis vs Johnny Cash vs Carl Perkins vs Elvis Presley? I'm guessing Johnny would whoop all their asses although Jerry Lee would probably fight dirty and smash a bottle over his head. Undecided

I mean if it was in a ring, with rules, yeah, Johnny would win, but Jerry Lee is about as close to evil as you can get, and have people still like you. 
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx