gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681109 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 08:42:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice Cooper Speaks on Bizarre Brian Wilson Story..  (Read 6815 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »

http://warnakeysbeachboysblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/this-story-comes-from-groovyrick-who.html
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've read that one before somewhere - granted, Brian wasn't well at the time, but the whole thing sounds like one of Brian's practical jokes to me.
Mark Dillon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've read that one before somewhere - granted, Brian wasn't well at the time, but the whole thing sounds like one of Brian's practical jokes to me.
Certainly that story's been out there. Alice recounted it to me again for my book. One of Brian's practical jokes? Maybe.

Alan: “God forbid any other Beach Boys go up onstage and actually be a Beach Boy.”
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »

But then how many times have Brian and Lennon met ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »

I always thought it was intesting that of all the 60's icons Lennon ever slagged off, Brian was never one of them.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »

In this story, John Lennon says "I've met him (Brian) hundreds of times".

When?
tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »

Alice Cooper gave an interview to Rolling Stone where he spoke a bit about his drinking days. He mentions BW aswell:

But, as you say, some of them couldn't be stopped.
I think the early guys, the Jim Morrisons, the Janis Joplins, just did not want to see 30. Twenty-seven was the expiration date. And it really came up a lot of times, 27, and I guess they said, "That's too close to 30, I'm just gonna burn out." First of all, rock & roll and heroin, it's not gonna work. Anything with a needle involved is not gonna work, and you add that to a little schizophrenia and a little bipolar, you got Syd Barrett and you got Brian Wilson. Two geniuses. Brian's producing and I've always loved him, I consider him a genius, but what could he have been doing now? He would've been doing amazing stuff. But on top of being schizophrenic and bipolar he's doing acid and speed. That's just like pouring coals on the fire.

link:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-alice-cooper-plans-classic-rock-covers-album-20130313
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:52:35 PM by tony p » Logged

I gotta heart that just wont stop beating for you, I gotta love that just can’t stop feeling for you
Jason
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:04 PM »

Cue the Alice Cooper bashing...
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »

Cooper is a kind man and a brilliant musician. And he's (obviously) right.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »

When?

I've read other stories about Brian and John being at the same parties during John's "lost LA weekend" time when he was estranged from Yoko. Van Dyke Parks was a friend of Harry Nilsson and Nilsson was close to John Lennon. Micky Dolenz was also in the same social circle. I'm sure that Brian and John were in the same room at the same parties, at least. Whether they had any meaningful interaction is something else. Hal Blaine has said there were times that he met Brian during that time when he couldn't even remember his own songs. I'm not sure any of it was a practical joke, he just had days where he was really out of it, by more than one person's description.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 08:14:21 PM »

When?

I've read other stories about Brian and John being at the same parties during John's "lost LA weekend" time when he was estranged from Yoko. Van Dyke Parks was a friend of Harry Nilsson and Nilsson was close to John Lennon. Micky Dolenz was also in the same social circle. I'm sure that Brian and John were in the same room at the same parties, at least. Whether they had any meaningful interaction is something else. Hal Blaine has said there were times that he met Brian during that time when he couldn't even remember his own songs. I'm not sure any of it was a practical joke, he just had days where he was really out of it, by more than one person's description.

Lennon, Nilsson, Parks, Dolenz, Wilson - would've been a helluva cool jam session, especially in the state they were in.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »

Dolenz had a story on Youtube up somewhere wherein he mentioned having some tapes of jams with Brian Wilson.. Supposedly, the story roughly went, Wilson came to Dolenz's house in his bathrobe ready to jam. Everyone was there - even Lennon, I believe. Brian launched into a classic Beach Boys feel, and everyone was loving it. Except, well, for the fact that he kept repeating the same part over and over. It was just one long chorus, but I'm sure it was an amazing one.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »

BW  is the man! Rock!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 09:01:41 AM »

There's two stories I remember.  May have been from the same party in Malibu. One from May Pang's book and one from Dolenz's book.

Pang:

"Brian, we [Lennon & Pang] saw a couple of times. We saw him once at this birthday party…in fact, that was the first time that we had seen him. I think it was for Ricky Martin - Dean Martin's son - it was like his 18th birthday or something. I remember seeing this guy - and this was at a time when he was really heavy - and I saw him coming towards us and went, "Oh my god". And I whispered under my breath, as I did quite often with John, "The man that's about to come over to us is Brian Wilson. Remember, we saw Dennis Wilson, his brother, the other day? This is Brian…Beach Boy". And John turned around and he was like, "Ohhh". Just as Brian was about to speak, John spun around and said, "Hi Brian". And you could see this look in Brian's eyes as he said, "Hey man, you have any reds?" John looked at him and said, "Don't do that stuff, sorry man". And he walked away. That's where Brian was at that moment in time."

The other (I think Dolenz or Hinsche) said that he was at a party in Malibu and saw Brian and John standing next to each other by a large window, not saying a word, staring out at the Pacific. He was pretty sure they were both on something.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx