gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 06:02:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endless Bummer: The very worst of The Beach Boys  (Read 16972 times)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »

I found this torrent, and the track list is

Carl's anti drug radio spot
Good Vibrations (featuring a very drunk Carl)
You are so beautiful (featuring a very drunk Dennis)
Brian hanging with some nerds
Be true to your bud
Hyatt Regency promo
Smile promo
Mike slams Smile
Vocal rehearsal 1
Smart girls
Carl & The Passions radio promo
Kokomo (Spanish version)
Mr. Sandman/God only knows
Cell block No.9
Mike does Dylan
Never learn not to love
Help me Rhonda session
I'm a genius too
We need help
Vocal rehearsal 2

The link is:
LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR: PLEASE READ THE RULES OR YOU WILL BE BANNED.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:35:12 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:37:36 AM »

what's "Brian hanging with some nerds" ?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »

why is "you are so beautiful" on this?
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »

wow, some interesting titles there i've never heard of
Kirk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 10:43:58 AM »

I think  "Brian hanging with some nerds" is the 1981 tape where a couple of fans cornered him on tour and taped him without his knowledge. At one point they have him call Dennis to see if he'll come hang out in Brian's hotel room, too, but Dennis is too sick and misses that show. They ask him about "Sweetie" ... All from memory, so correct me if I'm way off.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »

why is "you are so beautiful" on this?
It's not about the song itself, but the (bad) performance.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »

My version came with some more 'Interesting' subtitles:

Both vocal rehearsals are from the SMiLE sessions, (all failed takes)

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54:14 AM »

i want to hear it Sad
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »

Mine came with those too, but I didn't want to type it all out.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

I must hear this CD asap!! Must, I tell you, MUST! Please....
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »

"YYYESSSS!!!

THES NEXT SONG... ES DEDECATED FROM ALL OF US... TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY?!?!?!?!"

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »

what's "Brian hanging with some nerds" ?

I think it's the one where he's talking to some fans and eventually he asks them if they know where to find some cocaine.

No mas, por favor.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »

That's the one - sounds a lot earlier than '81 as someone noted above.

Carl singing GV while hammered is amusing.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »

An FYI to mods:  Torrents are not illegal.  The only people who are screwing with the law are the ones who upload copywrited material to a torrent.  Until its taken down, it can only be assumed to be legal so don't get all crazy when somebody posts a link to one.

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

Where's the "Dennis Wilson & Rambo" demo, complete with Frank Stallone arrangements? No record deserves to call itself Bummer if that's missing. And no "Santa's Goin' To Kokomo" outtake either. (True, that's solo material, but then Brian and the nerds kind of is too.)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »

An FYI to mods:  Torrents are not illegal.  The only people who are screwing with the law are the ones who upload copywrited material to a torrent.  Until its taken down, it can only be assumed to be legal so don't get all crazy when somebody posts a link to one.

The webmasters and moderators of this site do not want to have links to bootleg downloads posted on their forum. That's the bottom line.

No mas, por favor.
Jason
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »

An FYI to you: From the rules of this forum posted here - http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html

3) Talking about bootlegs is fine. Posting messages asking for bootlegs or offering bootlegs is not fine. That's what private messages and emails are for. The same of course applies to official recordings.

I'm not against bootlegs and neither are the other mods. We all believe in the free sharing of bootlegs as long as it does not hurt the band (and ideally, those who would put money in a bootlegger's pocket as opposed to the band's are problematic). However, board policy as stated by ComicList (Charles), the guy who runs this forum, is what it is. I'm sure that Charles would agree with us about bootlegs, but we also need to keep in mind that members of the band's organization reads these forums.

This is no different than when I had to make examples of folks who were being ever so clever with their Please Make Pretty Mountains Perennially Merry Private Messages schtick. Not only does it open the board up for further scrutiny, but it also opens up MEMBERS who keep doing it to scrutiny. If the Beach Boys organization decides that the board is basically being used for bootleg trading, they can always ask the board's hosts for the IP addresses of those who constantly request Porky Men Practically Memorable Private Messages.

Be glad I only remove the links...BRI might not be so forgiving. Just FYI and all.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »

Sorry about bending the rules.
No harm intended!

- Dr. Seuss
Jason
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »

Don't worry about it. I'm really not trying to be an ass about it...but I also don't want to see people get in trouble, either.
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 05:16:55 PM »

Love this boot! Carl drunk is the gem.

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »

I didn't think that the "Prayer" outtakes should have been on it,to me that doesn't make sense,this is a very boring cd BTW..
AlFall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »

This one is fun to listen to ---- once. 

The Carl drug spot is  just Carl saying "stay off drugs" while "Darlin" plays in the background.  I wish I could say hearing Carl singing GV while falling down drunk is funny, but it's just sad, and I've got to turn it off after a few seconds.  I'm not sure if Dennis is drunk on "You Are So Beautiful" - his spoken intro is a bit inarticulate, but he says sweet things to the audience and sings reasonably well until he tries to do a Joe Cocker impression and lets out an expletive.   It sounds like it's raining on the tape.  The Budweiser commercial is one of rock's most disgusting sellouts of all time.  "Brian Hanging with Nerds" is just a boring conversation between Brian and fans from some unknown year.  "Vocal Rehearsal 1"  is a rehearsal of HV and "Vocal Rehearsal 2" is a rehearsal of Our Prayer; most of these tracks are also on The SMiLE Sessions.  "Smart Girls" is a horrible rap with obnoxious synths, a relic from Brian's Landy days.  The Smile Promo is also on The Smile Sessions.  Mike goes on a rant against "Heroes and Villains", kinda contradicting his current claims that he "just had a problem with some of the lyrics on SMiLE".  "Kokomo" in Spanish is as bad as it sounds.  The full Murry Wilson "I'm A Genius Too" tape is interesting - the tension is very apparent.  After one listen, however, you'll delete it from your playlist.

petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »

This stuff has been around forever. The Brian talking to 2 nerds is when a fan (who shall remain nameless) snuck a tape recorder into Brian's room in SF in late 1981 while the group was playing there. Brian talks about City Blues, Sweeite and Stevie.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 08:27:48 PM »

Mike's H&V "rant" was written and produced by Brian.
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 07:10:55 AM »

This stuff has been around forever. The Brian talking to 2 nerds is when a fan (who shall remain nameless) snuck a tape recorder into Brian's room in SF in late 1981 while the group was playing there. Brian talks about City Blues, Sweeite and Stevie.

Ahhh, the fan is (well) known, then? I assumed it was just a couple of random guys.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx