-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Is Anybody On Here A Gamer?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Anybody On Here A Gamer?  (Read 6083 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »

Ps3 Owners? because I have a few questions Smiley
Jason
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »

I'm a gamer.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

I'm a gamer.
so i'm going to be getting a ps3 this tuesday Smiley what games are a must have that i should get? i'm into fighting games..open world games and shooting games..
Jason
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

Fighting games...Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat.

Shooters...the Resistance series, FEAR series, BioShock series, The Darkness series

Open world...Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, anything Grand Theft Auto.

Heavy Rain also comes highly recommended by me; it's the best cinematic experience I've had in a console game (and it's legitimately disturbing). Lair is "the game where you fly a dragon", but it's a lot of fun. Ninja Gaiden Black and Heavenly Sword are awesome hack and slashes. Folklore is a good RPG. Motorstorm is a great arcade racer.

Get a souped-up PC, too! Even more fun to be had.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »

Fighting games...Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat.

Shooters...the Resistance series, FEAR series, BioShock series, The Darkness series

Open world...Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, anything Grand Theft Auto.

Heavy Rain also comes highly recommended by me; it's the best cinematic experience I've had in a console game (and it's legitimately disturbing). Lair is "the game where you fly a dragon", but it's a lot of fun. Ninja Gaiden Black and Heavenly Sword are awesome hack and slashes. Folklore is a good RPG. Motorstorm is a great arcade racer.

Get a souped-up PC, too! Even more fun to be had.
So i'm get a few you just named Smiley for now i'mma get god of war 3,red dead redemption,bioshock,grand theft auto 4,uncharted and i definitely need to get a dragon ball z game because i'm obsessed with dbz lol..
what is heavy rain about? is it hard? i have a mac computer Smiley i might start considering gaming on the comp lol..what is the best fighting game out right now?
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »

I'm a hardcore console collector, go with either Mortal Kombat or Marvel Vs Capcom 3,
MK had more replay value,
MvC3 has a more open and less approachable but more rewarding system.

As for FPS Games, the Xbox kills the PS3 with Halo Smiley

Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »

I'm a hardcore console collector, go with either Mortal Kombat or Marvel Vs Capcom 3,
MK had more replay value,
MvC3 has a more open and less approachable but more rewarding system.

As for FPS Games, the Xbox kills the PS3 with Halo Smiley
What game consoles do you have? Smiley
you mean mortal kombat 2011? ..and i'm definitely getting marvel vs. capcom 3 but before i do that i might have to get street fights 4..
i always hated halo :/..i heard that ps3 did over golden eye 007 so i have to get that because when i used 2 play nintendo 64 as a child i thought that game was fuckin awesome!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 02:27:39 AM »

You're going to have so much fun with Red Dead Redemption. Trust me. Get the Zombie DLC as well after you complete it.

It's also going to make Grand Theft Auto 4 look and play like sh*t. Despite being made by the same people, it was nowhere near as fun for me.

As for a racer, I wholeheartedly recommend Split Second as well - like a racing game, but with more explosions  Cool

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 02:34:50 AM »

You're going to have so much fun with Red Dead Redemption. Trust me. Get the Zombie DLC as well after you complete it.

It's also going to make Grand Theft Auto 4 look and play like sh*t. Despite being made by the same people, it was nowhere near as fun for me.

As for a racer, I wholeheartedly recommend Split Second as well - like a racing game, but with more explosions  Cool

ok Smiley I'm totally getting it then! What is does dlc mean?
Wow that's a huge statement because I love grand theft auto 4! lol..
Hmmm I'm not too much of a racing fan but i have to have at least racing game in my collection x)
Have you ever played Dragon Ball Raging Blast(I'm a huge Dbz fan),Bioshock(i hear good things about that game as well)?
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 02:48:08 AM »

PC RULES CONSOLE DROOLS WOOOOOOOOOO

Add me on steam! Search for watchpigsfly [reddit]. I play CS1.6, CS:S, CS:CZ, HL2DM, TF2, Quakes 1&3, L4D1&2, and some single player games. I am DYING FOR A COPY OF HL1, if anybody with an extra copy would be nice enough I would love you forever.

Also, never played GTA4 but...YOU A BUSTA CJ

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 04:26:22 AM »

Hmmm I'm not too much of a racing fan but i have to have at least racing game in my collection x)
Have you ever played Dragon Ball Raging Blast(I'm a huge Dbz fan),Bioshock(i hear good things about that game as well)?

DLC = Downloadable Content - you can go on the store in the Playstation and buy it from there. Quite a few games have varying levels o' cool sh*t, from costumes to full  levels or storylines (what the zombie one is) Also, I think you can buy the Zombie DLC with the game physically, which might be cheaper? Look it up.

As for GTA4, it was just too.... dull. I think the realism took it way too far - everything was dull and grey, Bellic's an arsehole, the city was boring, and all the cool stuff is the same as the cool stuff in San Andreas but less so. Whereas in RDR you ride about on a horse lassoing random f*ckers, playing poker, shooting bandits and hunting bears. The cool stuff is so much cooler.

Haven't played the DBZ game, Bioshock was pretty good - played a little of it. The PS3 is at home, and i'm up in uni so I don't play it as much as I would like. Newest obsession when I am home is playing Sonic Generations. I fucking love that  3D

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 04:34:52 AM »

DLC = Downloadable Content - you can go on the store in the Playstation and buy it from there. Quite a few games have varying levels o' cool sh*t, from costumes to full  levels or storylines (what the zombie one is) Also, I think you can buy the Zombie DLC with the game physically, which might be cheaper? Look it up.

As for GTA4, it was just too.... dull. I think the realism took it way too far - everything was dull and grey, Bellic's an arsehole, the city was boring, and all the cool stuff is the same as the cool stuff in San Andreas but less so. Whereas in RDR you ride about on a horse lassoing random f***ers, playing poker, shooting bandits and hunting bears. The cool stuff is so much cooler.

Haven't played the DBZ game, Bioshock was pretty good - played a little of it. The PS3 is at home, and i'm up in uni so I don't play it as much as I would like. Newest obsession when I am home is playing Sonic Generations. I f***ing love that  3D
Smiley wow gaming has came a long way since blowing on cartridges lol..i havent been gaming besides playing mw3 at my friends house.. but now it's gonna be brand new world! lol...
omg this game must be the sh*t if u can talk smack about gta 4 like that Razz ..i'm going to get it on tuesday and once i play it a little i'll let you know what i think of it (i'm 99% sure i'm going to like it because half of the sh*t you said about it sounds fun as hell)
is bioshock scary? it looks frightening -______-..i seen sonic generations at gamestop for 10 bucks used..i could've got it and been pissed off at myself this past week for not doing so..i'm a huge fan of sonic..let's put it like this i love sonic so much that i even think sonic unleashed is awesome lol jk
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:31 AM »

I'm a gamer.
so i'm going to be getting a ps3 this tuesday Smiley what games are a must have that i should get? i'm into fighting games..open world games and shooting games..
I'd recommend Pac-Man, Missile Command, Berserk, Mario Brothers, Air-Sea Battle, Breakout, Super Breakout, Atlantis, Donkey Kong...

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 01:08:40 AM »

I'm a gamer.
I'd recommend Pac-Man, Missile Command, Berserk, Mario Brothers, Air-Sea Battle, Breakout, Super Breakout, Atlantis, Donkey Kong...
Mario 64? Donkey Kong 64?  Wink
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »

As for GTA4, it was just too.... dull. I think the realism took it way too far - everything was dull and grey, Bellic's an arsehole, the city was boring, and all the cool stuff is the same as the cool stuff in San Andreas but less so. Whereas in RDR you ride about on a horse lassoing random f***ers, playing poker, shooting bandits and hunting bears. The cool stuff is so much cooler.

Haven't played the DBZ game, Bioshock was pretty good - played a little of it. The PS3 is at home, and i'm up in uni so I don't play it as much as I would like. Newest obsession when I am home is playing Sonic Generations. I f***ing love that  3D
Smiley wow gaming has came a long way since blowing on cartridges lol..i havent been gaming besides playing mw3 at my friends house.. but now it's gonna be brand new world! lol...
omg this game must be the sh*t if u can talk smack about gta 4 like that Razz ..i'm going to get it on tuesday and once i play it a little i'll let you know what i think of it (i'm 99% sure i'm going to like it because half of the sh*t you said about it sounds fun as hell)
is bioshock scary? it looks frightening -______-..i seen sonic generations at gamestop for 10 bucks used..i could've got it and been pissed off at myself this past week for not doing so..i'm a huge fan of sonic..let's put it like this i love sonic so much that i even think sonic unleashed is awesome lol jk

Don't joke about Unleashed, after watching some of the day stages on youtube I'm tempted to pick up a v cheap copy.... but for the fucking beat 'em up sections. I was burnt out after playing Sonic 2006. I don't even know how I completed that. The absolute worst game.

Get Generations, though. The only thing wrong with it is that it's way too short. In terms of gameplay, it's literally perfect. They're talking about changing the way they make Sonic games now, apparently, which is one of the most phenomenally stupid things I've ever heard. You've spent ten years making awful games and you finally got it right!

Bioshock is so atmospheric. Like, I wasn't able to give it enough time to be properly engrossed by it.

Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 03:11:24 AM »

Don't joke about Unleashed, after watching some of the day stages on youtube I'm tempted to pick up a v cheap copy.... but for the f***ing beat 'em up sections. I was burnt out after playing Sonic 2006. I don't even know how I completed that. The absolute worst game.

Get Generations, though. The only thing wrong with it is that it's way too short. In terms of gameplay, it's literally perfect. They're talking about changing the way they make Sonic games now, apparently, which is one of the most phenomenally stupid things I've ever heard. You've spent ten years making awful games and you finally got it right!

Bioshock is so atmospheric. Like, I wasn't able to give it enough time to be properly engrossed by it.
so i already picked up the ps3 and got sonic generations,goldeneye 007,ufc undipsuted 3 & gta 4...2morrow i'm going 2 go to another gamestop to get red dead redemption and the 1st bioshock Smiley
and cmon unleashed was definitely the smiley smile of the sonic games Razz lol..and the gameplay on sonic generations reminds me of when i used 2 play it as a child on sega and when i played it on dreamcast (sonic adventures)
the games i got are pretty intense and hard for me i hope i get the hang of it lol
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »

I'm a gamer.
Nah, the original pre-NES single screen Mario Bros.

and Donkey Kong.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »

I'm a gamer.
Nah, the original pre-NES single screen Mario Bros.

and Donkey Kong.

Woah! way before my time ;p those games are probably worth hundreds of bucks though.
Jason
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 08:32:22 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUa-3W0BFI

Jon St. John (the voice of Duke Nukem) reading an excerpt from Fifty Shades of Grey. Lulz to be had.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: