gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 03:41:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's going on in the bridge of "Spring Vacation"?  (Read 6098 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 06:13:01 PM »

I actually love the "wi-hith me..."
Line

Gohi
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »

Can't believe some people don't like Al's phrasing on that line.
Jokers.
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 11:38:29 AM »

I actually love the "wi-hith me..."
Line

As do I. It really stood out to me the first time I heard it, just like the way he sings "wonderful" later on in the song. Classic Al.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 02:11:14 PM »

Can't believe some people don't like Al's phrasing on that line.
Jokers.

STFU GOHI

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 05:42:10 PM »

I think the bridge is cool, I feel like they did it on purpose to be interesting.

Exactly, I'm sure there are any number of very good reasons why they mixed it the way they did.

This is my take.  I noticed it too the first time I heard it.

I think this whole damn album was recorded similarly to "Beach Boys Party".... in that it was all kind of half-assed and nobody took it really very seriously.  Much of this may have been done to take pressure off Brian.  They're not recording their final album oh god I hope it's great.... no... they pitched it to Brian (or vice-versa) as "Yeah, we'll get together, hang out in the studio, see what happens" .

So at one time or another, they either mixed the bridge or whatever with what else is going on in the background... it drowned half of Mike's vocal out... they laughed about it, said "Oh well!" hahaha and went and got some cheeseburgers.

I don't think the half-assed nature of the liner notes... the bridge, how weird Jeff sounds on the bridge of "Isn't it Time"... etc. was all an oversight or a mistake, I think they just wanted it to all be organic and natural (even though the vox are all touched up, etc.)  They wanted the album to have some fun and spontenaiety in it. 
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 10:31:24 PM »

well, I'm sorry what I said got lumped in with that line of thought. I think they did it that way on purpose. not on accident. not a happy accident. intended that way all along.

but really, who knows? we're all just guessing.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx