gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:23:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: He Couldn't Get His Poor Old Body To Move [cover]  (Read 803 times)
JaredLekites
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:32:33 PM »

I did this back in late 2008/early 2009 when I was starting the sessions for my first EP, "Looking For Diamonds". In essence, this is just me testing out some recording equipment and techniques. It wasn't included on the EP as first released but it is now available exclusively on my BandCamp page as a free bonus track on "Looking For Diamonds".

I really liked this tune and I tried to make my own rootsy arrangement of it. I still don't think it can touch Brian and Lindsey's finished product, but as one of the deeper tracks in the Wilson catalog, I am glad I got a chance to cover it.

Listen closely for a guest appearance from my dog, Windy, on the quiet bit before the final chorus kicks in. She started barking once I began the vocal take. Naturally, I found this amusing given all the legend surrounding Brian's inspiration for "Good Vibrations" as well as the ending of the Pet Sounds album, so I left it in.

http://jaredlekites.bandcamp.com/track/he-couldnt-get-his-poor-old-body-to-move

jaredlekites.bandcamp.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx