gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 09:16:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Mccartney Talks about Brian/God Only Knows  (Read 7272 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:44:56 PM »

On the Ronnie Wood show

Really beautiful, Paul gets really emotional, awesome to see him singing along

Excuse the crap quality, I recorded it on my iphone from my computer, hopefully a better version surfaces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0oxWOirrK0

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

Now that's a great promo!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:32:21 PM »

I would love to here Paul break the song down like George Martin did.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »

it's gonna be sad when these legends are gone.  Just glad i got to see the beach boys and paul live!
dumbangel76
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:42:02 PM »

it's gonna be sad when these legends are gone.  Just glad i got to see the beach boys and paul live!

It will be! I have also had the opportunity to see both! Hope Paul tours throughTexas one more time so my kids can see him!
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 03:12:15 AM »

I don't think i've seen a clip of McCarntney as unguarded as honest as that one.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 04:08:26 AM »

It was be easy to imagine that that the BB/BW camp have overblown McCartney's love of GOK over the years but it's clear to see from this clip that the song genuinely blew his mind, and still means a lot to him today.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 05:08:37 AM »

I've already seen this interview before when it was on Sky Arts but for some reason I thought that was Slim Shady speaking at the start and not Ronnie Wood.  Huh
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:09:36 AM by Strange Town » Logged
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »

Thanks for sharing the clip.

I wish there would be a major TV show similar to that clip with "legends" sitting around a coffee table and discussing music. I always thought it be entertaining, and, as mentioned, they won't be around forever.

Could you imagine an hour long show or something featuring Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Fats Domino talking about the early days of rock & roll. Or a panel of Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney, Ray Davies, and Paul Simon discussing composing music?!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »

I wish there would be a major TV show similar to that clip with "legends" sitting around a coffee table and discussing music. I always thought it be entertaining, and, as mentioned, they won't be around forever.

Could you imagine an hour long show or something featuring Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Fats Domino talking about the early days of rock & roll. Or a panel of Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney, Ray Davies, and Paul Simon discussing composing music?!

Brian would freak out and not know what to do or say.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »

This is the rock n roll legends show we're live from Louisana and Jerry Lee Lewis's gonna do a little boogie on this here piano! Chuck Berry's going to show us all the sites now that he's Back In The USA! he's only here for the next Thirty Days however and then its Back To Memphis for him i'm afraid, However he is currently in Wisconsin to show us What's Made Milwaukee Famous although because our schedule is so busy we might not have time. then again You Never Can Tell so we might just be able to! I'm afraid Fats Domino can't be here today because he is stuck in traffic! Ain't That A Shame, however we gave him a call a few minutes ago and he says I'm Walkin to the TV studio's now. Little Richard is currently trying to get an interview with his friend Lucille and we have received information that he is at her door. Apparently he Keeps A Knockin' but he can't come in. Hang on we've been told to cut to a short commercial break because Chuck appears to be playing with his Ding-A-Ling.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »

Elvis Costello's show Spectacle is precisely this, two artists discussing the craft and then performing together. And if anyone knows the craft, it's Costello.

And Ronnie Wood is the man. Frankly, even cooler than his time with the Stones for me is his time in the Faces. What a great band they were.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 01:56:21 AM »

That went fast!!

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »

Cool video.  I always wondered just what kind of sound we'd hear if John, Paul and George's voices blended with the Beach Boys.  I imagine it would at least be cooler than hearing them harmonize with Peter Cetera.   LOL

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
halblaineisgood
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »

I like how he demonstrated the phrasing, Paul singing along was awesome.

That Paul McCartney, he gets more thoughtful by the year, I say.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 05:02:06 AM »

Been surfing YouTube & accidentally noticed that some really nice creature uploaded the video in HQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F7AlIHyeCk

As I've said a year-sth. ago, great video! Ronnie was always my favorite Rolling Stone alongside Mick Jagger. He treats other artists fairly, without the "We are the best of the best" attitude like Keith Richards, very open-minded to lighter - as opposed to heavier, rock-on - side of music. In short, class act.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »

Here's a funny video with Brian calling Paul to wish him a happy birthday. The comedian doing this is quite a talented mimic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-13QSVYUaY

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »

Meh. I gave up after a minute. Maybe it's me but that's about as funny as leprosy.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »

Hideous.

Peter Serafinowicz would be the guy you'd need to do a watchable Wilson/McCartney sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1ou7SH3is
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:16:01 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »

Hideous.

Peter Serafinowicz would be the guy you'd need to do a watchable Wilson/McCartney sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1ou7SH3is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUeeIPxOXN8

I still can't get over how great his Trump is. I'm from NY and I can't even do Trump this good.

"DE UDDER ONE...IS NAILED TO DA CEILING!"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:36:45 PM by Wrightfan » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx