gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681552 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 11:26:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you could ask Brian any question...  (Read 5313 times)
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »

....What would it be?

Bear in mind this is Brian as he is in 2012. I realize I don't have a question yet but i'm lazy and can't think of one at the moment. Wink I'll think about it.
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »

I would ask if he ever thought of working with any new artists or if he even knows any newer artists
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »

I would ask if he ever thought of working with any new artists or if he even knows any newer artists

I know some artists that would like to work with him! maybe not "new" but still.
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »

This is tough, because no matter what you ask him, you're likely going to get a variation of a handful of answers that he answers every question with. "Yes." "No." "I don't want to talk about it."  "It's about spreading love."  "I love Phil Spector."

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »

Oh, and I forgot "I'm making a rock and roll album next."

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 07:21:41 PM »

what's your favorite cut of steak
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 07:33:08 PM »

Brian: Porter House. because I just remember the great time I had eating it and all the love that was around the room. Carole was there with her bass and Hal on drums. There was a lot of love in that steak.

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »

Where does "Love To Say Da Da" fit in?

Evil
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:25 PM »

Did you ever actually remember the zoo?  (Kidding.)

But seriously - what was the deal with all the late-Seventies pedo songs, man?!  That was some creepy John Phillips-level sh*t, man!
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »

Someone asked him about this after "The Grammys" and he responded that he enjoyed the music of Paul McCartney.  He was also asked a few months earlier when he was promoting "The Smile Sessions" if he listened to any new artists and he responded to the question twice with "Oldies but Goldies".  I know for a fact that he has some degree of knowledge about music of the seventies as he has singled out a handful of artists from that era for praise but I wouldn't be surprised if he draws his own personal line in the sand on the dawn of disco music.  I think it's also important to remember that for Brian, music seems to be an expression of love and in recent decades a lot of artists (particularly in rap music) have used music to express a wide range of emotions that probably would go against Brian's grain.  It's not too much of a stretch to see why Brian lost touch with the music scene after a certain number of years given how the scene changed and how music changed along with it.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »

Looking at a "Magic 8 Ball" toy might give the same results as asking Brian a question.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:20 PM »

I would ask him why he doesn't smile more.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »

I think he once said he was often smiling on the inside even if his face didn't show it. His medications have something to do with it, don't they?
I'd ask him about food or music, just to get him to talk. I'd ask him the best place to get a burger in LA, or maybe I'd ask if Jay-Z called and asked to work with him, would he say yes? Just to see what he'd say, since he hates rap/hip-hop.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »

I think he once said he was often smiling on the inside even if his face didn't show it. His medications have something to do with it, don't they?
I'd ask him about food or music, just to get him to talk. I'd ask him the best place to get a burger in LA, or maybe I'd ask if Jay-Z called and asked to work with him, would he say yes? Just to see what he'd say, since he hates rap/hip-hop.

They could do an epic version of Smart Girls together.
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »

"Brian, what occurs to you when you see well adjusted people behaving rationally?"  LOL

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »

He hates hiphop? why? I'd rather hear him and kanye do a song together since kanye is a huge beach boys fan Smiley
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »

Brian: Porter House. because I just remember the great time I had eating it and all the love that was around the room. Carole was there with her bass and Hal on drums. There was a lot of love in that steak.

Smiley

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 12:16:37 AM »

Brian WHY will you not resume using the moog in your music? Cant answer yes/no to that!
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:28:03 AM »

"Where is Pleasure Island located?"

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »

Brian WHY will you not resume using the moog in your music? Cant answer yes/no to that!

My guess is that because a Moog can't play chords, he doesn't play it that much himself, and therefore it rarely occurs to him to use it in his arrangements.

I would ask him what kind of stuff he thought about when he used to run out of blow after binging for days and was too depressed to write any music. Did he just watch TV and smoke cigarettes? What did he watch? Was he a total prick to be around? I wouldn't be all that surprised when, instead of answering my questions, he just punched me in the teeth.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »

Be my Baby is my FAVORITE song, too.

It does suck on headphones, right?

The original 45 kicks ass!!

I've got this rega turntable and a tube amp....
 I think we better have a listen. You down?

Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »

"'Air'?  Please?  If it's something we haven't heard, could you please sing the melody of it into my phone?"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:03:33 AM by Phoenix » Logged
If Mars had life on it...
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 01:20:35 AM »

Taking this a bit further...I've sometimes thought what it would be like to hang out with Brian for a night without any of his "handlers".  I would love to sit in my living room with all of my Beach Boys vinyl and just pick tracks to listen to and talk.  How cool would it be to listen to Love You, Friends, or even Adult Child with him!?  I'd also have to do some jamming with him on piano, guitar or my micromoog.  I wonder what he'd charge for that experience?  There has to be a price for a "personal appearance" like that.  I wonder if $50,000 would do it?     
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 01:33:03 AM »

Do you fancy a cup of tea?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 01:50:56 AM »

What was the original sequence of notes at the beginning of "I'm Waiting For the Day" intended to be, before it was changed when the session musician made his "outtasight mistake". That error sounded like an inimitably Brian note sequence, which was probably why he liked it so much and kept it in the track, but what was planned for that spot?

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx