gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 03:40:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos  (Read 6662 times)
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »

Why??? No talent. Can't drum. Can't sing. Does not fit in at all! Get rid of him and get Ricky Fataar.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:29:15 PM »

Do we really need another thread on the guy?
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »

Banana
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »

why? because they needed someone young and hip back in tthe 90's to bring their music to a younger gen,now it's more or less a "throwback" to the 90's
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 08:44:51 PM »

^^^^^
WTF?
And yes, Stamos is probably best forgotten.
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »

why? because they needed someone young and hip back in tthe 90's to bring their music to a younger gen,now it's more or less a "throwback" to the 90's
How pathetic
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »

So I guess the Rolling Stones will be bringing in Harry Potter. Maybe he can play kazoo and washboard.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »

So I guess the Rolling Stones will be bringing in Harry Potter. Maybe he can play kazoo and washboard.
yes....lol... Grin
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »

If Stamos really is such a huge BB fan, then he should do the band's legacy a favor by refusing to get on stage with them.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:46 AM »

^^^^^
WTF?
And yes, Stamos is probably best forgotten.

Oh, was my post too complex? sorry, from now on i'll let you guys have this wonderful and very fresh yet deep conversation about John Stamos, i'm sure it's gonna be fascinating.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:37:51 AM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »

A figure dancing around is too complex to comprehend? My post must have been the complex one since I was merely indicating that I thought it was a strange reply. But that's okay, because strange is HAPPENING these days, my friend! No worries, Zig, it's cool. Catch a wave.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »

Ahahahahahhahah, oh man, you really need to get some air and have a laugh bro, you're taking meaningless things way too far..
does my posts really looks that seriously? jesus christ. it's a freaking banana gif, holy moly.

Sorry man, just go on with this John Stamos conversation.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:30:27 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
mjforever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »

John Stamos did a lot in the early 90's to get the Beach Boys out in the public ... hate him all you want but he got a lot of people interested in the Beach Boys again or for the first time.

At 8 years of age, watching the episode of Full House starring the Beach Boys is what introduced me to them and made me a lifelong fan.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 05:23:38 PM »

It's a good thing his madeup TV dad Jack Klugman gave him the confidence to want to play with the Beach Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHPlAwBVZE

Incidentally, I was watching this not too long ago and the roommate walks in and pronounced: "Wow, isn't that the mid 80s or something? Stamos sure has a longterm hardon for the Beach Boys."

Case closed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:33:08 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:46 AM »

How many shows total on the current tour has he appeared at?  Three at the beginning of the tour and one last week, right?
halblaineisgood
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 01:40:02 AM »

Stamos and his lawyers, they removed "Forever" from the Sunflower tape, and placed it on a singles reel. Then, they "lost" the singles reel.
Hmmm, I wonder what they replaced the original "Forever" with....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:49:16 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 01:44:51 AM »

John Stamos did a lot in the early 90's to get the Beach Boys out in the public ... hate him all you want but he got a lot of people interested in the Beach Boys again or for the first time.

For all the wrong reasons - y'know, why soccer moms go to gigs and scream for Stamos during the Dennis video tribute, that sort of thing.

He's a twat and should be fired into space.

anazgnos, sounds about right.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 04:06:23 AM »

No, he didn't - a program he was in did. Major difference.

I hear that some of his antics at recent C50 gigs have put a LOT of backs up among the band and caused questions to be asked as to exactly why he's there at all.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 04:13:30 AM »

Great post. If anyone knows the real facts about The Beach Boys, it's Andrew G. Doe.
The Old Ranger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:47 AM »

Ahahahahahhahah, oh man, you really need to get some air and have a laugh bro, you're taking meaningless things way too far..
does my posts really looks that seriously? jesus christ. it's a freaking banana gif, holy moly.

Sorry man, just go on with this John Stamos conversation.
Looks like you're the one who's too serious and VERY defensive, even insecure. As for getting air, you've got enough in your meaningless head to supply the next NASCAR race. Don't want to fight, but I didn't appreciate your uncouth reply.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 08:04:31 AM »

Holy f*** LOL
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 08:07:17 AM »

I hear that some of his antics at recent C50 gigs have put a LOT of backs up among the band and caused questions to be asked as to exactly why he's there at all.

He was portrayed as a BB fan in two programs he was in (80's and 90's). Maybe he had something to do with it.

He's not necessary on stage, but did not bother me when I saw him.

Seems to have a great sense of humor, as his guide to cuddling attests.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
mjforever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 08:16:50 AM »

He was portrayed as a BB fan in two programs he was in (80's and 90's). Maybe he had something to do with it.

He's not necessary on stage, but did not bother me when I saw him.

Seems to have a great sense of humor, as his guide to cuddling attests.

I saw them last year (Mike, Bruce, Christian, Stamos) and there were no soccer moms ... it was a young crowd having a lot of fun. Stamos was there and him and Mike were going through their schtick but it was all very fun. Not everything has to be a musical orgasm cause Brian Wilson wrote their music. It was WAY more fun than I was expecting with only 1 original BB on stage.

Say what you will ... the man is a diehard BB fan who is living all our dreams. I can't hate on that ...
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »

I've been listening to some of their late 80's, early 90's stuff, and I've realized that I was wrong about Stamos.  The guy is absolutely brilliant on the electronic bongos.  No way that Dennis Wilson and Ricky Fataar could ever have touched that stuff.  Also, his version of Forever rocks way harder than that wimpy version on Sunflower. 
rogerlancelot
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »

I've been listening to some of their late 80's, early 90's stuff, and I've realized that I was wrong about Stamos.  The guy is absolutely brilliant on the electronic bongos.  No way that Dennis Wilson and Ricky Fataar could ever have touched that stuff.  Also, his version of Forever rocks way harder than that wimpy version on Sunflower. 

Is there any evidence that Stamos actually played on any BB sessions? I thought he simply toured with them and "air jammed" in a couple of music videos (much like Mike Love's sax solo in "Kokomo").
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx