gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:08:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 42: Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI 7/1/12  (Read 26926 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 07:24:51 AM »

I was surprised at how really good Mike sounded...seriously, in every TV appearance I've seen him do since probably 2000 (INCLUDING the recently-aired PBS special) he sounded awful...as if he only had half a vocal cord...but he sounded great on Sunday night.

And I'm pretty sure I was the only one singing along to "Ballad of Ole' Betsy." And of course, it just reminded me of that bug I've always had up my ass about how they spell "Ole'" -- I mean, wtf is the apostrophe replacing!?

BT-dubs...I don't remember seeing anybody mentioning it before (then again, I've been avoiding concert reviews), but...for "Pet Sounds," Dave was the only Beach Boy on stage...almost as if "Pet Sounds" were supposed to be simply something to get everybody back from the bathroom or snack bar or what have you. He did a decent job with the lead on that one, but he doesn't hold a candle to Walusko...I'm guessing part of it might actually be simply the effects unit, actually...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Avilos
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »

Beach balls..... one hit me on the F---Ing head!!!!!

I hope you weren't in the hospital too long.

I was not going to mention this....but the accident I mentioned last fall was a head injury. I have fully recovered. The beach ball hitting worried me at first. It was fluke and I am fine. But after having a real head injury have something hit me in the head did startle me.
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »

I was surprised at how really good Mike sounded...seriously, in every TV appearance I've seen him do since probably 2000 (INCLUDING the recently-aired PBS special) he sounded awful...as if he only had half a vocal cord...but he sounded great on Sunday night.

And I'm pretty sure I was the only one singing along to "Ballad of Ole' Betsy." And of course, it just reminded me of that bug I've always had up my ass about how they spell "Ole'" -- I mean, wtf is the apostrophe replacing!?

BT-dubs...I don't remember seeing anybody mentioning it before (then again, I've been avoiding concert reviews), but...for "Pet Sounds," Dave was the only Beach Boy on stage...almost as if "Pet Sounds" were supposed to be simply something to get everybody back from the bathroom or snack bar or what have you. He did a decent job with the lead on that one, but he doesn't hold a candle to Walusko...I'm guessing part of it might actually be simply the effects unit, actually...

Good point about Pet Sounds.  I hadn't thought about that.  Maybe it was just a chance to give Dave a moment in the spotlight...but Nicky Wonder has become the god of that song.

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx