gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:10:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 41: DTE Energy Music Theatre - Clarkston, MI 6/30/12  (Read 34491 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 02:56:59 PM »

Facebook:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:28:37 AM by ohthosegirls » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »

Brian before the show

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:08:22 PM by Slim Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 04:45:10 PM »

Those last two sets of pics aren't showing up for me!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »

Mine is fixed (I think)

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »

Mine is fixed (I think)

Yeah, I can see yours now. That's a very powerful pic. Thanks.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
ahoutman1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »

This was my first beach boys concert and it was possibly the best concert i have or will ever attend. Me and my friend drove from Holland, MI which is on the other side of the state. There wasn't a lot of movement in the Lawn seating where i was but people stood up and were really getting into it during the pet sounds part of the show and from good vibrations through the encore. We sat left of pillar 3 and had the perfect view of Brian, David, Al, and Bruce. However we never got a good glimpse of mike except for the big TV screens. My friend was blown away by Bruce on disney girls. There 3 or 4 merch stands and only one sold autographed cds. so i picked up Postcard and the David marks CD for 15 each. I also got a tour program which is very nice to say the least. It was truly an amazing night for me. We didn't end up getting home until around 3:30ish. Is it just me or were there no gas stations in Clarkston? After we escaped the parking lot madness we stopped at the shell off the highway only to find it was closed. Then we though we we taking an exit but, along with many others, we found ourselves in a parking lot with one exit. After getting lost a few times we did end up home safe and sound.

The only downside is that there was a lot of commotion in the lawn around me. First this older guy got hit by a beach ball thrown by a little girl and proceeds to deflate it. The father came over and the older man began swearing extremely loud during the opening drums of do it again. He then grabbed a second beach ball by him and tried to pop it. The father of the young girl was still standing over him and grabbed that ball away from him. The older man starts screaming for security, although nobody ever came and the older man eventually left. He acted very rude and his antics put a damper on the beginning of the concerts. A few songs later a lady appeared to have her nose broken by the very large beach and was bleeding profusely. After that it was smooth sailing until the end.

All in all great show and im still exhausted from the trip.

BTW we swear we saw Violent J of Insane Clown Posse. Anyone else see him? Or can confirm he was in attendance?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »

Considering a woman's nose was broken and Brian is always complaining about the beach balls, I can see why that fella lost his sh*t about it.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »

Considering a woman's nose was broken and Brian is always complaining about the beach balls, I can see why that fella lost his sh*t about it.
They should have Phil Spector on work release shooting beach balls.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 05:30:20 PM »

BTW we swear we saw Violent J of Insane Clown Posse. Anyone else see him? Or can confirm he was in attendance?

Was he with Tom? Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQLg_P9wc84
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2012, 05:41:48 PM »

There 3 or 4 merch stands and only one sold autographed cds. so i picked up Postcard and the David marks CD for 15 each. I also got a tour program which is very nice to say the least. It was truly an amazing night for me. We didn't end up getting home until around 3:30ish.

Actually, there were 3 merch booths and all 3 sold the autograph CDs.  I know because I ran from one to the next 4-5 times to see if the autographed tour books would show up.  They finally did at intermission.  But only at one of the booths.  I got 2 Al CDs.. Both at seperate merch booths.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »

Was he with Tom? Grin

Could be - because this exists for some reason....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUq9X6ORAo

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
ahoutman1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »

Was he with Tom? Grin

Could be - because this exists for some reason....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUq9X6ORAo

And he is a michigan native...
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »

The guys rehearsed Still Cruisin during the soundcheck.  At one point, Brian stoped and asked Mike if his band (Brian's) knew the song.  After Mike told Brian that they did, Brian replied by telling Mike he liked Still Cruisin.  The first set sheets that they put down had Marcella and Good Timin on them.  About ten minutes before the show, a roadie brought out new set sheets that had Marcella and Good Timin removed, and Still Cruisin and The Ballad Of Ol Besty added. 

During the show right after Good Vibrations, Al turned to Scott Totten and asked if they were doing All Summer Long.  Scott told the band no, go right into Rhonda.  They were pressed for time as DTE has a strict 11PM curfew/cutoff time.  They finished the show at 10:58PM.  So it seemed that they would have been glad to do a bit more if they had been allowed.

I also noticed that Tim Bonhomme is working as some kind of manager or roadie with the band.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »

Thanks for the info - I couldn't remember exactly what time the curfew was set for, but suspected some stuff got trimmed for this reason.

By the way, I've seen Austin Powers and Jack Nicholson impersonators work the crowd at past DTE shows; I suspect "Tom Cruise" was one of these impersonators hired to entertain the crowd.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »

During the show right after Good Vibrations, Al turned to Scott Totten and asked if they were doing All Summer Long.  Scott told the band no, go right into Rhonda.  They were pressed for time as DTE has a strict 11PM curfew/cutoff time.  They finished the show at 10:58PM.  So it seemed that they would have been glad to do a bit more if they had been allowed.

Aww man..  Lose Mike's 5-minute intro to "Be True to Your School" and you got two more songs.  I noticed Mike asking Brian's band what song was next before "That's Why God Made the Radio" and someone in the band shouting, "Radio!  Radio!"  I thought that was odd since they have setlists on the ground to refer to.  
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »

Facebook:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »

Wow....Looking at those pictures I think Al could be growing back his 80s mullet! Shocked
Joanne
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »

yes, thank you those are my photos above... Smiley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2012, 10:08:34 AM »

yes, thank you those are my photos above... Smiley

Thank you for posting them !
I can only see when Al is linked somewhere and then put those pictures here

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx