gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:46:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 570372 times)
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: September 23, 2012, 06:43:53 AM »

Here's a screenshot of what was released on September 21st, on the Australian iTunes Store.  Right click and use your available options to save/enlarge if needed.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 23, 2012, 06:46:07 AM »

Here's a screenshot of what was released on September 21st, on the Australian iTunes Store.  Right click and use your available options to save/enlarge if needed.

Holland (remastered) eh....

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 23, 2012, 06:48:27 AM »

Darlin' on Spotify has all the vocals hard panned to the right. It's very different (and inferior) from the preview I listened to on iTunes. Wild Honey sounds fantastic though.

Edit: It's real nice to hear It's OK with a bit of mid-range! It ain't brick-walled either, I don't need to strain to hear Dennis during the verses and I'm hearing the Dennis' less prominent part in the tag for the first time! I think he's saying "it's ok, it's alright" or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:53:03 AM by Quzi » Logged

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 23, 2012, 06:49:59 AM »

I just realized... they could TOTALLY just release the other albums on iTunes... that'd be good with me!

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 23, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »

I just realized... they could TOTALLY just release the other albums on iTunes... that'd be good with me!

No way. Don't even give them that idea. Physical media is where it's at!

Dave Clark released remasters of his albums on iTunes a few years ago, and I still haven't been able to get copies.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 23, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »

wtf, they have the alternate version of Add Some Music on Spotify. Has that ever been officially released?

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 23, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »

wtf, they have the alternate version of Add Some Music on Spotify. Has that ever been officially released?

Do you have it? it may just be a sync.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 23, 2012, 09:06:37 AM »

Thumbs down. Buying lossy media (something I will never do) from a company who has a near-monopoly on just about everything anymore = bad idear. I've been waiting until these albums get a decent remaster (i.e. no excessive brickwalling, compression, noise reduction etc.) before I finally buy the handful I still haven't, and physical copies are always better.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 23, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »

Huh, does Spotify do that? I guess that's probably what happened! I'm totally inept at this, it's my brother's account and the first time I've used Spotify so I'm bound to have fucked up somewhere!

"A/S/L"?
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 23, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

Huh, does Spotify do that? I guess that's probably what happened! I'm totally inept at this, it's my brother's account and the first time I've used Spotify so I'm bound to have fucked up somewhere!

MOM!  He said the f-word!
Johnston65
Smiley Smile Associate

Can you even boogaloo it?

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 23, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »

That is a horrible idea. All the music on iTunes is 256kbps so there's no point in calling it a remaster if you don't have it lossless.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 23, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »

That is a horrible idea. All the music on iTunes is 256kbps so there's no point in calling it a remaster if you don't have it lossless.

But they're LOUDER, man. So they SOUND BETTER.

Man.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 23, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »

i got the last killers single when it came out on itunes and it sounded so horrible.  It was painful to listen to.  But on the physical album the song sounded fine.  So an itunes only release would be preeetty crappy.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 23, 2012, 12:20:59 PM »

i got the last killers single when it came out on itunes and it sounded so horrible.  It was painful to listen to.  But on the physical album the song sounded fine.  So an itunes only release would be preeetty crappy.
Doesn't most of those crappy sounding brickwalled iTunes releases say something like "Mastered for iTunes"? Not all downloads from iTunes sound terrible.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 23, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »

"Mastered for iTunes" releases are EQed differently than the CD master in order to attempt to make the MP3s sound closer to the CD audio instead of just being MP3s created from the CD audio. I don't think they'd be more brickwalled or anything. Maybe it's become more common, but I don't think it's used all that often for iTunes releases. Consider they have to pay someone to create that master, after all.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: September 23, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »

Region coding in the digital age makes no sense to me Tongue
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 23, 2012, 06:30:42 PM »

It seems that random albums are being uploaded to random countries, BB80 is now available in Aus.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 23, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »

i don't get when brickwalled got so painful to listen to though.  I'm fairly certain the first 2 oasis albums are "brickwalled" and they sound great. 
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 23, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »

i don't get when brickwalled got so painful to listen to though.  I'm fairly certain the first 2 oasis albums are "brickwalled" and they sound great. 

You can brickwall at any volume, but when you brickwall at a very loud volume, that's when it gets painful.  And of course there are frequency issues going on as well.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 23, 2012, 08:43:03 PM »

Sorry i don't come often here anymore, i have this feeling i'm hated so whenever there's something i can share, i do and try to not come back to read the answers.

Nevermind, so obviously i'm the only here who sees those new stuff? prehaps because i'm in Europe?

I mean, i don't even understand what's going on: could it be just me? because i recently added all their albums on my pc? but if so, if it's not available on Spotify (well they try to link it to the two-fer version, but i made sure it didn't) it shouldn't show up, so why, for example, when i pick Love You, it connects it to a page just for the album, even tho it's linked to my files, it has the cover and all, so this means Spotify has a page made for the album, it can't be just me, if so why isn't there one for albums like Holland, So Tough, Keepin' The Summer Alive? this got me very confused.

And now someone posted that picture with the itunes thing that shows up a remastered version of Holland, so yeah i guess all of this pretty much proves we're getting the rest some time soon, can't be pure coincidence.

As for that boardie who asked a HTLM link, i don't know how to make that happen? all i can do on the page is to share it via facebook twitter or tumblr, or send it to a friend.. but here's some screenshots

(i don't feel like take a screen cap for all the other ones)

Thing that got me confused is that, tho the artwork is the one from the remastered version, the title doesn't say it
and the pages for all of these albums are there, but i can only play them if my files are linked to them
as you can see on the Surf's Up on i can't play Walfare Song and 'Til I Die cause my files aren't for some reasons connected to it (i guess because the titles aren't the same or whatever)
which means if i listen to them, i'm probably listening ot my files then.

but still, that one is up there with the other ones i quoted (non remastered tho, but not in the two fer version) but there isn't any for Holland and the rest, just the one i quoted in my previous post.

And i do not think this is normal, i have other albums from other artists that aren't available on Spotify, and it doesn't link me or connect it to a specific page, it's just my files in my music library.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:44:19 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 23, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »

This is weird.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 23, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »

They really don't. The production's damn cool, but especially on WTSMG?, the harsh, extreme limiting is so bad. So, so, so bad that's it comical. Like, there's crackling every 5-10 seconds because of all the distortion. Literally.

I created a mix of "Some Might Say" with Rock Band that, despite being compressed stems, sounds purty cool and restores much of the "punch" that was lost when they brickwalled that sucka to death. Good time rocker woman imo.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1972 on: September 23, 2012, 09:39:44 PM »

I created a mix of "Some Might Say" with Rock Band that, despite being compressed stems, sounds purty cool and restores much of the "punch" that was lost when they brickwalled that sucka to death.

What if they had been compressed seeds?

Sorry, couldn't resist xD

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 23, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

I created a mix of "Some Might Say" with Rock Band that, despite being compressed stems, sounds purty cool and restores much of the "punch" that was lost when they brickwalled that sucka to death.

What if they had been compressed seeds?

Sorry, couldn't resist xD

Dain, age 6: "What happens if you pee inside a girl?"
Derek, age 10: "Well, you'd probably have totally f***ed up kids, then."
Dain, age 6: "Oh."

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1974 on: September 23, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »

Your posts always bring a smile to my face Smiley

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 104 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx