gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681383 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 05, 2024, 12:18:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 575000 times)
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1625 on: August 24, 2012, 06:02:51 PM »

He doesn't participate in or read the forum

Hmmm…. sure 'bout that?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 26, 2012, 05:40:16 AM »

Has anyone bought All Summer Long yet? I'd love to know how the new stereo extraction mix of I Get Around is.
mr_oleary
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 26, 2012, 03:09:46 PM »

Does anyone know if the single 'Little Girl I Once Knew' will be included on this remaster set?   If not, does anyone know where I can find a HQ (preferably stereo) version?!  Thanks! 
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 26, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »

Does anyone know if the single 'Little Girl I Once Knew' will be included on this remaster set?   If not, does anyone know where I can find a HQ (preferably stereo) version?!  Thanks! 

The song will be featured on the 2CD "50 Big Ones" package, but not sure if we're getting a newly transferred/remastered version or if it's the same as on the twofers. This song was never mixed to stereo, and cannot be because of missing/recorded over tapes. A digital extraction could be possible, I guess....

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
mr_oleary
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 26, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »

The song will be featured on the 2CD "50 Big Ones" package, but not sure if we're getting a newly transferred/remastered version or if it's the same as on the twofers. This song was never mixed to stereo, and cannot be because of missing/recorded over tapes. A digital extraction could be possible, I guess....

Thanks for the help man!

I found this version online which seems homemade.  Even if it's not true stereo, I think it lets the instruments breathe a little especially in the chorus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-caM6mTkro
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 26, 2012, 05:43:29 PM »

How about You're Welcome in stereo?  Of course, I know that it's on one of the Smile LPs in stereo--in fact I have the LP.  But what I don't have is a record player, and I'm sure a number of other people are in the same boat.  Has anyone with a player done a needle drop?
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 26, 2012, 10:50:55 PM »

If you want a needledrop, send me some form of proof you own the LP and I can hook you up.

Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 27, 2012, 12:27:18 AM »

If you want a needledrop, send me some form of proof you own the LP and I can hook you up.

Awesome, thanks Father.  I'll PM you tomorrow...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1633 on: August 27, 2012, 05:10:56 AM »

All I'm saying is that there's little (or anything) to gain by complaining about Mark Linett. He doesn't participate in or read the forum...

Respectively, formerly untrue and entirely untrue.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1634 on: August 27, 2012, 06:34:24 AM »

The Yardbirds-Train Kept A-Rollin'(The Complete Giorgio Gomelsky Productions)(4-CD)

Holy sh*t...didn't realize that was you. I knew your name was familiar..

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: August 27, 2012, 07:35:47 AM »

How about You're Welcome in stereo?  Of course, I know that it's on one of the Smile LPs in stereo--in fact I have the LP.  But what I don't have is a record player, and I'm sure a number of other people are in the same boat.  Has anyone with a player done a needle drop?

Nope.  Not a single person.

Cheesy
wavedancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 28, 2012, 09:17:21 PM »

Er, going back to the remasters, I notice that the Amazon.co.uk release date is 24th August (this Friday) and the price for all CDs except Smiley Smile is listed at £18.91 (approximately $29.80). Can this be correct? If so, it kind of refutes the suggestion made here earlier that the price would drop by release date.

Smiley Smile - £9.99 !

BTW, looking at that exchange rate I might pop over to the USA again soon...

I ordered Today Summer Nights and Smiley Smile from Amazon UK my card was debited 9.99 each item.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 29, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »

Er, going back to the remasters, I notice that the Amazon.co.uk release date is 24th August (this Friday) and the price for all CDs except Smiley Smile is listed at £18.91 (approximately $29.80). Can this be correct? If so, it kind of refutes the suggestion made here earlier that the price would drop by release date.

Smiley Smile - £9.99 !

BTW, looking at that exchange rate I might pop over to the USA again soon...

I ordered Today Summer Nights and Smiley Smile from Amazon UK my card was debited 9.99 each item.

Your card shouldn't have been debited a penny. Amazon doesn't don't charge until it ships, and these won't ship until Sept 24.

Either your card HASN'T been debited yet (most likely), or you've ordered the wrong versions. These are pre-order only at the moment.

The Amazon UK prices have been in the process of being corrected since they were first listed. Only Party! and Surfer Girls [sic] remain at the £18.91 mispricing.

“We live in divisive times.”
wavedancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 29, 2012, 02:09:52 AM »

Sorry should have said that was the price when I clicked to buy so I was assuming that is the cost that will show on my statement.

Unless of course the price changes again before shipping.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 29, 2012, 03:21:15 AM »

So glad I have Centipede Hz to distract me while I painfully patiently wait for these albums to get ripped already arrive in my mailbox.

Smiley

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 29, 2012, 04:15:45 AM »

So..... 8 cats are out of the bag now.

EDIT: Blagh, I think they're just mono.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:32:19 AM by NatureShowInStereo » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 29, 2012, 04:40:44 AM »

Those aren't what you think they are.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 29, 2012, 04:51:55 AM »

Those aren't what you think they are.

So close lol
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 29, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »

Smiley
Huh
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 29, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »

Your card shouldn't have been debited a penny. Amazon doesn't don't charge until it ships, and these won't ship until Sept 24.

Either your card HASN'T been debited yet (most likely), or you've ordered the wrong versions. These are pre-order only at the moment.

The Amazon UK prices have been in the process of being corrected since they were first listed. Only Party! and Surfer Girls [sic] remain at the £18.91 mispricing.

That's right, John.

The Amazon USA prices are getting updated too, apparently.

I ordered all the remasters as prices such as $15.99, $16.90 and $19.56.  As of yesterday, new orders were showing $15.99, $19.05 or $20.01.  What evs....

Here's hoping/assuming prices will finally settle at $13.99 or lower.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 29, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »

That's right, John.

The Amazon USA prices are getting updated too, apparently.

I ordered all the remasters as prices such as $15.99, $16.90 and $19.56.  As of yesterday, new orders were showing $15.99, $19.05 or $20.01.  What evs....

Here's hoping/assuming prices will finally settle at $13.99 or lower.

Well, they're at $12.29 per CD at ImportCDs.com ..

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 29, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »

also enjoying centipede hz whilst waiting to hear these new remasters is what I meant. Smiley was in place of a 'Like' button!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
PhilCohen
« Reply #1647 on: August 29, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »

For the moment, I have little or nothing to add to the discussion. I bought 3 of the Japanese discs. The "Smiley Smile" stereo remix is excellent. The stereo remixes of "Today" & "Summer Days...and Summer Nights" are of variable quality. When the U.S.A. discs are released, I'll read this forum to get reports on the quality of the other 9 discs. And undoubtedly, one of you will listen through headphones, and let me know if the stereo mix of "You're So Good to Me" has the drop-out glitches between 0:58-0:59(like the Japanese disc did).

As for the box set, until an official release date is set, and the contents are revealed, there's nothing to say. I'll buy the box set if it is released, but I won't be upset or broken up if it doesn't appear.

See ya' in a few months.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 29, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »

As for the box set, until an official release date is set, and the contents are revealed, there's nothing to say. I'll buy the box set if it is released, but I won't be upset or broken up if it doesn't appear.

LOL, you have got to be kidding. I'll tell you, I'll be pretty upset if it doesn't come out, but it will though.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Paulos
« Reply #1649 on: August 30, 2012, 12:53:27 AM »

LOL, you have got to be kidding. I'll tell you, I'll be pretty upset if it doesn't come out, but it will though.

Just ignore him, this is almost exactly what he was saying last year for the Smile Session box.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 104 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx