gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 07:50:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Royal Albert Hall Live One Of These Days?  (Read 3578 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »

On the Beach Boys Britain board, Bruce Johnston says that EMI recorded the BB 50th Royal Albert Hall concert and he's hoping to hear a playback one of these days. He suggests that it was the best of all 50th concerts last year and that it's possible the RAL recordings will be mixed and released at some point.

Let's hope so!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »

On the Beach Boys Britain board, Bruce Johnston says that EMI recorded the BB 50th Royal Albert Hall concert and he's hoping to hear a playback one of these days. He suggests that it was the best of all 50th concerts last year and that it's possible the RAL recordings will be mixed and released at some point.

Let's hope so!
Tell him to not let Joe Thomas anywhere near those tapes.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »

Let's hope so!
+1

The CD is mind boggling from C50.  It never did the shows justice. 

Best idea I've heard since C50 ended! I wasn't lucky enough to see it RAH, but every one I saw was superb. 

Thank God for YouTube!
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

Let's hope so!

AMEN!  Anything Joe Thomas touches, he destroys! 
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 02:14:16 PM »

Like I said in another thread, a complete recording of this concert mixed by Mark Linett + a DVD/Blu-Ray release from Eagle Rock (or Rhino/Shout Factory, any of those sort of companies) equals a perfect product to commemorate the C50 tour.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 03:07:27 PM »

Let's hope so!

This times a billion.

Keep that total fool away from those tapes.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 07:11:37 PM »

Like I said in another thread, a complete recording of this concert mixed by Mark Linett + a DVD/Blu-Ray release from Eagle Rock (or Rhino/Shout Factory, any of those sort of companies) equals a perfect product to commemorate the C50 tour.
Yep, that would truly be just about the very best remembrance of the tour we could ever hope for.  A dream package.

Shame it'll never happen, though.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 08:54:03 PM »

I thought this was a thread about Floyd playing One of These Days played live at the RFH

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »

It was not professionally filmed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »

And thats a bad thing? Because the professional DVD release from last year was sh!t.

For better or worse we have a CD and DVD from last year so that ship has sailed. Let someone put together a warts and all project that a few fans can download for a price. The tour party deserve a cool souvenir  No hard copies, download only to keep the cost down.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:35 AM »

And thats a bad thing? Because the professional DVD release from last year was sh!t.

It may have been "sh*t" but it still looked fantastic.  We would not be getting anywhere near the same results with what they did film at RAH.  Nowhere near.  I suppose it's a tradeoff...lousy video quality but a knockout set list.  Typical Beach Boys luck!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 01:56:05 PM »

Easy solution: Put out one of the shows in full that was professionally shot (Red Rocks, for instance), put it on Blu-ray (and DVD), then add any songs peformed during the tour but not at Red Rocks on there as bonus features, pulled from other available shows.

Then, release the Royal Albert Hall show (or an audio equivalent of the video presentation described above) on CD.

Done. 61 songs all represented in audio and video form. They could even throw on "Friends", the alternate lead on "Hawaii", and maybe the soundcheck stuff like "Surf's Up" if releasable.

As for the official "Live in Concert" C50 DVD that *was* released, it wasn't too bad. Nice video quality, actually pretty decent editing for a modern video release. I had a bigger gripe with only 21 songs being presented than I did with the sound quality.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:57:34 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »

Easy solution: Put out one of the shows in full that was professionally shot (Red Rocks, for instance), put it on Blu-ray (and DVD), then add any songs peformed during the tour but not at Red Rocks on there as bonus features, pulled from other available shows.

Then, release the Royal Albert Hall show (or an audio equivalent of the video presentation described above) on CD.

Done. 61 songs all represented in audio and video form. They could even throw on "Friends", the alternate lead on "Hawaii", and maybe the soundcheck stuff like "Surf's Up" if releasable.

As for the official "Live in Concert" C50 DVD that *was* released, it wasn't too bad. Nice video quality, actually pretty decent editing for a modern video release. I had a bigger gripe with only 21 songs being presented than I did with the sound quality.

Honestly, those should have been the plans on a live dvd / cd release from day one. Why it wasn't is beyond me.
Nicko1234
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »

As time passes by the possibilities of this become more and more remote I would presume.

In the future, as the memories of C50 fade, I would have thought that there will be more clamouring for recordings from when the band were in their prime in the 60s and early 70s. Not from when they were older men.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 03:52:55 PM »

The time to release all the C50 related stuff has passed.  The DVD was released...so was the live album.  To expect any more from that tour any time soon would be a small miracle.  Considering all that they captured, and how much....they sure screwed it up.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 04:17:27 AM »

FWIW. Bruce has also suggested the Unplugged 1993 shows would make a good release.

....about 10 years ago on the brit site so even though the MIC has a few tracks, I'm not holding my breath.
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 04:22:09 AM »

Bruce has a habbit of saying something without knowing that it will happen. I remember that Bruce telling in BB stomp in the 90's that they were remixing the song Surfin' ( that was after they released SIP)  LOL
Nicko1234
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 04:43:44 AM »

Bruce has a habbit of saying something without knowing that it will happen. I remember that Bruce telling in BB stomp in the 90's that they were remixing the song Surfin' ( that was after they released SIP)  LOL

Indeed. Bruce's comments are only marginally less reliable than Al's.

I'm still waiting for his non-solo solo album that he was going to leak out, the TV theme tune that he and Mike were going to write together and any fruits from his collaboration with a country singer.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 04:50:16 AM »

Plus a Polka album he mentioned several years ago. Man that interviewer must have got up his nose. LOL
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 10:53:12 AM »

LOL
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »

No they should release the concert at Wembley Arena. Partly because it was the last show but also because it was the only one I attended! Wink
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx